• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Have you restarted your X&Y adventure?

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
Woot, I just scooped up a 4 perfect IV Adamant Zygarde in my replay (IVs in the desired stats) :D!

Mix that with the perfect IVs Modest Xerneas I caught yesterday (also in the stats desired), I now have an awesome set of Pokemon X Legendaries.. too bad I don't have Pokemon Y, or else I'd farm a perfect Yveltal as well :D!

I already have a perfect Mewtwo and the Legendary birds from B/W so those are optional for me :P

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm probably going to restart my adventure once I get my copy of Y eventually. I don't want to do the whole thing all over again on X when I've perfected an awesome team. lol. I can just redo it over and over again on Y. xD

WonderfulWhiscash

Murderous Magikarp
Years
Apparently restarting X&Y, it totally puts you against 100% different Trainers on Battle Spot.. I don't know if it has to do with total # of battles or if it's just random.. but in my previous game, I had over 1712 battles, and I always do Triple Battles daily, so much that I recognize 80+% of everyone I've battled, even to the point they recognize me and ragequit during Team Preview.

But now that I have restarted Pokemon X.. 100% of everyone I been battling the past couple of days are all 100% new.. Also a lot of them appear to be newbs xD!! I guess it makes sense, if you're new, it sticks you with new people?

I feel sorry for the people I have to battle now.. they do not stand a chance.. At this moment I have just hit 50 battles... my record is now 50 wins, 0 losses \o/!

a 100% win ratio is an awesome pro for restarting xD!! but wasn't that much difference with my old save.. I had a 80+% win ratio there, ~1450 wins to ~250 losses. But this time will be awesome as unlike my old save, my record wont be tarnished by my early Battles anymore, back before I began team building and was new to the battle scene and battling with deplorable natured/stats slow and weak Pokemon.

Also I have just finished the Looker Missions in the story, So literally I have 100% completed the Pokemon X Story, Now I am back to where I was before wiping my Save.. except now I need to recapture/transfer all 718 pokemon to complete the pokedex again, and go around and pick up items/hidden items I've skipped and trainers I skipped.
Well, generally, when people who use a team of OU/UU pokes come up against a team full of ubers, they're at a massive disadvantage. Is there really any fun in effortlessly crushing far weaker pokemon with your ubers? I don't think winning is something to boast about when you use Ubers out of their tier. However, that feeling when I beat someone using all ubers is just awesome.

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
Well, generally, when people who use a team of OU/UU pokes come up against a team full of ubers, they're at a massive disadvantage. Is there really any fun in effortlessly crushing far weaker pokemon with your ubers? I don't think winning is something to boast about when you use Ubers out of their tier. However, that feeling when I beat someone using all ubers is just awesome.

actually it seems the majority of teams i go up against have ubers too, even in this new playthrough. I see a ton of Zekroms, Reshirams, Rayquazas, Fairy Arceus, Darkrais and Kyogres, or teams of the Gen 6 Legendaries including Gen 1.

However a common issue I see, also how I can tell they are New/noobs is sometimes is some do noobish builds.. i.e. a team of 100% dragons (zekrom, kyurem, palkia, rayquaza, reshiram, dialga) which leaves them EXTREMELY vulnerable to ice/fairy types.. basically when i see a team like this (which is often as of this new replay), i just set my choice spec'd Xerneas in the center and do a Dazzling Gleam to insta-kill all three of their Dragons. then I have Mewtwo to Aura Sphere Dialga and Reshiram (the only 2 dragons Xerneas isn't super effective against).

So that's pretty much what I mean by they don't stand a chance... they are probably not experienced or have tactics or good prediction skills yet, regardless if they have a perfect Uber team built (or even a mirror/similar team to mine).

but the #1 way I know they are "new" is because it says so during battle, it shows how many battles your opponent has done, and I've noticed that majority say under 100, where as before when i had 1000+ battles on my record, i was going against mainly people who had hundreds of battles as well, so this is why I believe the battle spot system sets up special slots or tiers based on # of battles you've done.. maybe when you hit over 100 or some number, you start only fighting others who hit over X number of battles too?

Also if i do go against a team of UU/OU, etc.. i tend to "go easy" on them sometimes.. i'll try to send out my talonflame, mienshao first and let them take care of business. or sometimes i'll send out my 3 legendaries but purposely use the neutral effective moves against them..

However I do have to say, of my over 1700 battles on battle spot, it's very rare to come across a team without at least 1 or 2 ubers, even if it's just an event Blaziken and a Gen 6 Legend or a Blissey and Shuckle with a trick rooming Slowking/Reuniclus.. Teams without ubers just don't really have a place in "Free Battle" on Battle Spot, since it's flooded with Legendary & Uber teams.

Rating battles, thats a different story since legendaries are banned, so you'll tend to see more NU/UU/OU/mixed teams on there.

Lastly, even without an "Uber team" it is possible for a good strategist to dominate in free battle. I have personally faced a handful of non-uber teams in battle who were able to destroy my team either using tactics such as double fake out, while their 3rd pokemon trickrooms or takes out one of my primary Pokemon (Xerneas or Mewtwo), or use things such as quick guard to make talonflame useless due to it's galewings ability priority getting blocked and also blocks Arceus' main attack, extremespeed or they will wideguard to block Xerneas' choice spec'd dazzling gleam (making Xerneas useless since it's stuck using only that attack) or other various tactics and "right on the money" predictions.

Last edited:

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
Years
Not gonna restart my X, but I plan to get Y sometime.

One thing I plan to do is cheat the region for a different Vivillon pattern. Probably Sandstorm or Icy Snow.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I have restarted it, yes! No idea why given that it was going really well and I hadn't done any post-league stuff, but hey-ho, what can you do? I think I only reached as far as the fossil town before stopping playing the second adventure so in hindsight it was a really bad idea to restart, but I did manage to trade some of my more special Pokémon over to my brother's game before restarting so at least I've got them still.

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
I have restarted it, yes! No idea why given that it was going really well and I hadn't done any post-league stuff, but hey-ho, what can you do? I think I only reached as far as the fossil town before stopping playing the second adventure so in hindsight it was a really bad idea to restart, but I did manage to trade some of my more special Pokémon over to my brother's game before restarting so at least I've got them still.

stopped D:! that's not good :P probabyl should just spend a day with it and complete it xD!

i actually completed my 2nd playthrough pretty much within a day, at about the 18 hour mark, but that also included about 20 wi-fi battles, and 2 boxes worth of trades and derping around. reason why it was so quick is i used a team of level 10 uber legendaries as starters to basically steamroll the gyms and E4, and then i skipped all the in-game trainers/npcs the best i could. and basically took the most direct and shortest and fastest routes to each city/gym, captured absolutely no pokemon, and used repels non-stop.

also since i skipped all the trainers i could, meaning my party never leveled up efficiently for the 2nd half of the game, i had a set of level 50-60 legendaries on standby xD, then for the E4, i replaced my main gameplay legendary (Mewtwo) with a level 100 Arceus and they solo steamrolled the E4 and champion.

Ontop of that i finished all the Looker post-game missions, collected all the megastones and TMs by the 22 hour mark :P!

only thing left for me to do when I feel like it is go around and collect all the items and hidden items i skipped, battle the various many Trainers in every route i skipped, and transfer the 718 pokemon from the bank to my pc boxes :P all of which i am too lazy to do atm as I am more focused atm with battling and leveling up my new perfect 3-4 IV Zygarde and Xerneas with best natures... the best part of the 2nd playthrough (farming for perfect 6th Gen Legendaries).

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2015
I used to restart my pokemon games on a whim just because i was bored and enjoyed playing it through a lot. But Y is the first game where i completed the pokedex so i don't have it in me to restart. I'm thinking of buying X just so i could do more playthoughs.

Xerneas_X

Raven
Years
Also Virizion is UU. This reminds me of a Condescending Wonka meme i saw the other day. Oh, so you beat the elite 4 with a team of legendaries? Wow, you must be quite the trainer.

Already beat the E4 over 20 times with non-legendaries in my 1st playthrough/save. this time i just wanted to rush through the game, which is evident by the under 22 hours from start to finish (including post game, 50+ pokemon trades, and 20+ wi-fi battles). Also my Virizion is a VGC'12 build (not UU or OU) which puts it near uber in my opinion due to it's higher speed and higher attack (also the fact that it can one-shot Mew, Mewtwo, and various Arceus' in my experience of taking it into battle), but if you want to get Pokemon Showdown/Smogon technical... since they are the sole non-uber on a team of pure ubers, the team is still called an uber team as in Smogon battles or pokemon showdown, even if you had a team of pure Little Cup/NU/UU/OU pokemon and then had 1 single Uber on your team, you'd be forced to fight in Ubers.

Last edited:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
In a way Yes and No on restart - Yes, I have started different teams (like my current Feline team) but the NO part is that I didn't restart a game, I bought a new copy of the game.

The only thing I do different is that now I have my team fully selected (nicknames & genders) - which I have bred and can transfer over to play with them from the very start, instead of catching them half way or almost done with the game.

Years
I've worked too hard to restart Y honestly... I can't imagine losing everything. It's tempting sometimes, but I'm wanting to fill up my Pokedex and I don't feel like restarting. :P

overdid

queen
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 3, 2016
I have X & Y.
It's fun to do a challenge run, while at the same time collecting items and legendaries.
Sometimes it can get a bit dull though.

Years
No way! I collected all 718 Pokemon and have made too much progress, can't possibly give that up. But that's why I'm considering picking up Y as I'm itching to replay the main story. Will move some cool new party members over and be happy playing through the story with cute new Pokemon that I've not used on my team yet in 3D! :)

Phangy

Master
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
I restarted my X after a complete playthrough, then I got Y to be my playthrough game. Pick out my pokemon in X for whatever challenge or story i want to play with and just bank the pokemon after each playthrough in Y and start again.

Back