• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever done something that you just can't live down?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
It doesn't have to be something serious, but it can if you want it to be.
I got the idea from someone's (darn can't remember their name) post about romance. Hope they don't mind.

Mine would be that my best friend won't ever let me forget about what happened last summer. There was a mishap with some dye and I ended up with purple hair for a month. :x People seemed to like it, though.

She also refuses to let go of the fact that she thinks her brother is "interested" in me. I: She quite likes the idea, though, because she wants me as a sister-in-law. She actually made a 'suggestive' remark about me and her brother (pertaining to the future and her belief that we'll end up married) in public. I smacked her. (:

Crux

Evermore
Years
Well, after getting tired of my parents assuming that anything I made a side comment about was what I wanted to do as a career, I went for about two weeks talking about completely different things.

What I had hoped they would realise:
The fact that I can't just tie myself into one thing, the world is an amazing place, and with everything there is to learn and all the things yet to have been done it would be painful for me to.

What they thought:
I'm fickle to an extreme. :<
They still think that...

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I have done things that I regret but nothing I can't live down and now that 2012 is over, I have 2 descriptions of it.
I survived 2012! xD
and "Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien" xD

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
It doesn't necessarily have to be something you regret. It can be just something stupid you did that your friends think is funny and remind you of.

Years
Inside my own head every little mistake I make is a huge error that brings shame upon me and 12 generations of my descendents. I get embarrassed easily when I mess anything up or, worse, say something that upsets someone.

For example, I had a job interview a few weeks ago and at one point I kind of babbled a bit because my answer to a question they asked was really short and I felt like I needed to say more without really thinking. I'm still mortified by it.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
Inside my own head every little mistake I make is a huge error that brings shame upon me and 12 generations of my descendents. I get embarrassed easily when I mess anything up or, worse, say something that upsets someone.

For example, I had a job interview a few weeks ago and at one point I kind of babbled a bit because my answer to a question they asked was really short and I felt like I needed to say more without really thinking. I'm still mortified by it.

I share the exact same sort of self-consciousness. Even here on the forums, if I say one little thing I feel would have been better left unsaid I feel like my entire social life has collapsed and I want to bury myself in a hole feeling I'd be better off without friends. When it comes to my outlook on me, I can be very irrational. I can't think of a specific situation that stands out, I just know I don't allow myself to make mistakes, big or small. But I'm always quick to forgive others for theirs.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I won't go into it, but nearly a year later I still feel responsible for my father dying.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
One time I was in the car with my Mum and my sister and we were mock-singing that favourite things song from The Sound of Music. I didn't know the lyrics so I just guessed them and it came out "raindrops on roses and mittens on kittens" resulting in a round of laughter so raucous that people in surrounding cars were turning and staring.

To this day they haven't let me forget it :P

Back