• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Running Shoes

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
It's a very good addition indeed and became in even greater in the 4th gen when you can run indoors! Woohoo!

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Sydian said it so well. I really loved using Running Shoes, they ameliorated my traveling experience. When they allowed indoors running, I was soooo happy!

Years
They were a nice addition but I don't use them that often. It would be cool if the music increased in tempo slightly while running

Years
This feature was a lifesaver. The travel was so much faster and I preferred running over the bike usually, since the mach and acro bikes were too fast for me sometimes. Holding down B was never an issue either since I liked to have been able to stop running just by taking my finger off of the button.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 8, 2024
Best invention ever! I played Gen I after joining in Gen IV and it was hard to not have them in Yellow.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
SO USEFUL.

They were so important to me, definitely the best item/key item in Pokemon EVER. They helped me get to places so much faster, and were helpful until you got the bicycle.

Years
  • Age 23
  • No.
  • Seen May 1, 2014
What a damn good addition.
To be honest I don't care about bikes anymore.
Running shoes really saved my ass.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Running Shoes! I always use them. Every Single Time without fail. They help me get around so much quicker than just plain old walking and helps to save the inconvenience of using my bike, which is a little too inaccurate for my taste. Thanks to the Running Shoes, I can now go places I've never been before! xD

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Although I've never played a game without running shoes (except Pokémon Ranger, where they walk faster anyway) I would hate it if they weren't there. Although I mainly just walk at normal pace while I'm progressing through the game, they make dashing about between rematches and berry plots so much easier, especially if you're stuck with the Acro Bike or just don't want to listen to the bike music (Although bike music isn't bad, it gets irritating when you have to sacrifice route music in order to travel fast).

And not Gen III, but I loved how Hg/Ss gave you the perma-run button. Taking it away was the only way Black / White could be seen as a step back from previous gens, rather than building on them (I won't say improving because you can argue some things weren't any better e.g. Sturdy)

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2024
i agree this was an ideal feature. I also think the FireRed/LeafGreen should have stayed without it as a sort of nostalgic piece. At the same time though... i'm glad they just decided to have running shoes lol... I hate walking but honestly i don't remember it being a problem until it was an option. And i also think it makes us lazy gamers (you know who you are) not use bikes altogether.

Years
To be honest, after the running shoes were implemented (and before, really) I never got into the bikes. I found the controls almost too tight and I couldn't be bothered running into a wall 2 or 3 times before I finally hit the door. The running shoes are a perfect medium, plus there's no annoying music change. (:

tnfsf11

I think the shoes were the most useful addition GF added to the games, it's kinda irritating though that I only take them after I go battle May/Brock which would waste some time, I should receive them first thing in the game, maybe right after I get my starter! Also they should have been usable indoors, good thing hacks here made that possible ;)

It's kinda funny how I keep holding the B button while replaying through G/S/C nowadays then just stop every minute & feel awkward {XD} however I must admit the player moved a bit faster in 2nd gen games than it did in 3rd gen games, besides 2nd gen games didn't have that much room to run in anyway :P I sometimes prefer the shoes to the bike.

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2013
Actually, that's shame that since Running lock on touch screen appeared in HG/SS, it didn't appear in V gen.

Back