• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Ice's Fakemon Iglo

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Love your fakemon

Thanks!

Sorry, but I have to respond to this topic...
You put so much effort into making these, and I love it! =D Wow! You made so many sprites including back sprites and shinies, as well as pre-evolutions and general evolutions to existing Pokémon! That shows just how much dedication you have! =D Great job! ^^

AHEM! Sorry about that... couldn't help myself after seeing just how much you posted in here. *sweat* Where do you find the motivation to make all these? O_O Are you planning on making your own ROM hack? Or simply find enjoyment in making these? ^^ I also like how yours have shading and look so creative. =)

The dedication is kind of choppy, haha. I haven't done a Pokémon sprite in almost a year. I have an awful work ethic.

I originally planned to make an RPG Maker game with all of the Pokémon related sprites I've posted over the years. Everything from the tiles to the Overworlds were intended for that project. I've got a whole story script laying around somewhere, that I have no doubt is awful. I had a 2-hour demo but it wasn't much. After that the project just kind of became to fill a dex with Fakemon. I do have some sprites in some pretty big fangames out there, though, but I'm not sure if those are announced yet or anything. I've kinda gotten out of touch. For all I know they've been taken out of the games.

I really like your sprites, especially canight and canidark. I don't see any info about whether or not we can use these in ROM hacks. Can I use these (with credit of course)? I'm even working on an overworld sprite with the player riding canidark :P

They're not for use, guess I should mention that in my OP. If you're still working on that Canidark OW though, I'd love to see it!

Oh, she's killlller. Love it. Speaking of the smile, though, her mouth does seem a pixel or two too small to me? I personally don't take much issue with the box being horizontal, but tipping it might give the sprite a more naturalistic feel; if you want to try it out.

It's somewhat small indeed, but the gen 2 style doesn't lend much room for big mouths. Although I might've just stolen it from another sprite, I don't remember. Good to hear you like it, I'm definitely fond of it myself!

Who's Kiyo? said:
I find the linework and coloring a bit choppy in this, though the shading of his eyes/forehead is great and lends a lot of depth!

I had so much trouble with the lines and colouring. I've never done any portrait from scratch and damn, it's hard. It doesn't help that I'm not able to draw in any way so I'm basically forcing myself to skip a sketching phase and move straight on to the sprite itself. It's especially clear in the shoulderpad that I kind of struggle with perspective still.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
It doesn't help that I'm not able to draw in any way so I'm basically forcing myself to skip a sketching phase and move straight on to the sprite itself.

I definitely hear you on that. The only good mugshots I've personally made were amalgamations at that. Knowing that this is from scratch makes it pretty impressive!

Oh, and since I didn't mention it earlier, your grass/posion dweeble line is choice, the details on the hedge are *smacks lips* muy guapo and blend perfectly with the B/W style.​

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 31, 2020
le_zpsssql23vh.png

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 13, 2017
Not only can I not sprite, I have no creativity :/

Your stuff feels kinda canon, keep it up!

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Hello, I've been gone and I really don't sprite much anymore, but over a two year period I did about 12 things and here I am, sharing them.

HF98qlv.png

Last edited:
Back