• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Change the Pokemon Mascot!

Years
Clefairy was the original intended mascot, so I would have gone for that. I could also imagine how different the anime would have been if Ash had a Clefairy as his partner, or heck maybe even replace him with a female in his role.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
Looking at the franchise now, Charmander would be a good alternative. I don't mind Pikachu, I love the cute thing and its yellow colour makes it stand out.

Phoenixio

Pokémon Master
Years
If we were to go with a classic mascot, Charizard or Eevee would work, but if we're talking new Pok?mon I'd say Greninja because of the fan-favoritism

pkmin3033

I think it would have been a nightmare to all of us if Psyduck was the mascot
flvpnZh.png

I like this idea. Psyduck is a very expressive Pokemon, capable of both great power and comic relief. It's a good choice.

I think I'd actually prefer it if we had mascots from each generation, rather than a single mascot for the entire franchise.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Pikachu is the ideal mascot for Pokemon as he is cute so can be made into plushies more easily than say Charizard and is appealing to both genders. He is also relatively easy to draw.

If I had to change the mascot I would say Eevee but Pikachu is the perfect mascot for Pokemon.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
Change Pikachu as the Mascot :|? No way! Reasons:-

• Most universally recognized Pokemon
  • Sells merchandise
  • Design that appeals to people of all ages
  • Also appeals to people of all genders (which Clefairy may not have, being female only)
  • Cuteness Factor
  • Presents the image of a recognizable pet you'd want to own
  • Decent In-Game Stats
Pikachu is the perfect mascot for the franchise as a whole.

Pika Pika :chu:

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
I would not change the mascot now simply because Pikachu has become the most iconic and recognised Pokèmon amongst all of them, probably even my grandmother could recognise him... actually I've never tried this, I'll do it when I'll see her again. {XD}

Retro Grunt

IT'S YA BOI RETRO
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 22, 2017
Honestly Pikachu is perfect.
But...Eevee or Clefairy could work. I mean think about the potential plot twists that could be done with either of them?

Alexherobrine45

MOFPC - Master Of Fake Pokémon Creation
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 26, 2018
If I could turn back time, Eevee would be the mascot. If I were going to actually reset like how in Gen 5 they "soft resetted," in Gen 5 of course, then for a short amount of time Victini would be the mascot, but then Gen 6 would make Eevee relevant again.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 17, 2021
I feel like someone could make a good case for Eevee as the mascot. If I recall there is an Eevee in the manga that can evolve + de-evolve at will; something like that would honestly be cooler than Pikachu and it would make for an interesting potential event Pokemon

Back