• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blazichu's Tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
1. You can do it manually, by searching for the map data then finding the sprite number or the beginning of a script. The easier option would be to use MegaMap as it displays the pointers (last 2-bytes) under "Script-Pointers:".

2. Attached is a pointer calculator I found on a site ages ago.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2008
Thanks for the calculator. MegaMap seems like it would definitely make it easier, I'm just trying to find a place to download it.

I found MegaMap and I'm still having troubles finding people. I see the "Script-Pointer" in MegaMap. I searched this hex value in Translhextion, which is the only way I can think of to find this person. However, using the original Gold Version, when I search 9E40 (pointer for my rival according to MegaMap), I can find 9E40 4 times. How do I know which is the one I'm looking for?

Last edited by a moderator:

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
I found MegaMap and I'm still having troubles finding people. I see the "Script-Pointer" in MegaMap. I searched this hex value in Translhextion, which is the only way I can think of to find this person. However, using the original Gold Version, when I search 9E40 (pointer for my rival according to MegaMan), I can find 9E40 4 times. How do I know which is the one I'm looking for?
Well it depends if they are in the same bank or not.

In Megamap, there are 2 numbers before the pointer, that is the bank.
To get the offset use Scizz's tool, A-point(pointer calulator), to get the offset from the pointer. It's very simple actually.

Advanced Pointer(Metal and Advanced Gen)

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2012
Sorry if this sounds like a really Noobish Question, but the Palettes are All Skrewed up. The only colours are green blue and white and it's very hard to see what colours im editing and such. is there a way i can see their normal colours?

Also, My Noobish question Number 2 is "How can i load my Already made, Custom Tiles into the game"

Sorry if my noobishness is unbearable

Last edited:

Melash

Back for now.
Years
Hmm...I'm wondering something. Exactly HOW can I edit tilesets 2,3,4,5,.... and so on? I've never found out how to do it. I've looked through almost all of TLP, but I couldn't find ANYTHING! Thanks!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
A-D-D-F_Toxic said:
Thanks for the calculator. MegaMap seems like it would definitely make it easier, I'm just trying to find a place to download it.

I found MegaMap and I'm still having troubles finding people. I see the "Script-Pointer" in MegaMap. I searched this hex value in Translhextion, which is the only way I can think of to find this person. However, using the original Gold Version, when I search 9E40 (pointer for my rival according to MegaMap), I can find 9E40 4 times. How do I know which is the one I'm looking for?

Umm...the bytes before the pointer are shown in MegaMap also, so you can just check with those, or you can change the byte of one and see if that will change the script, then change it back if it doesn't.

ratchet5 said:
Sorry if this sounds like a really Noobish Question, but the Palettes are All Skrewed up. The only colours are green blue and white and it's very hard to see what colours im editing and such. is there a way i can see their normal colours?

Also, My Noobish question Number 2 is "How can i load my Already made, Custom Tiles into the game"

Sorry if my noobishness is unbearable

1. Is this in-game or in a tile editor?

2. You can use a tile editor's import option.

Melash said:
Hmm...I'm wondering something. Exactly HOW can I edit tilesets 2,3,4,5,.... and so on? I've never found out how to do it. I've looked through almost all of TLP, but I couldn't find ANYTHING! Thanks!

You would need to find the pointers of the tileset first. Then you add a new slightly compressed tileset (like Tileset 1, also use + and - to compress and decompress) into blank space. Then you replace the old pointers with the new pointers. After that start editing.

Also I have attached a slight expansion on the GoldSilverBanks.ini for Poketext (Just replace the old one), I did this awhile back...could have been early last year. Hopefully it should help those who are struggling with editing text.

Last edited:

Melash

Back for now.
Years
You would need to find the pointers of the tileset first. Then you add a new slightly compressed tileset (like Tileset 1, also use + and - to compress and decompress) into blank space. Then you replace the old pointers with the new pointers. After that start editing.
Well...how do I find the pointers to the tilesets? I know how to find text pointers, but what about tilesets...?

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2008
you can change the byte of one and see if that will change the script, then change it back if it doesn't.
That worked great. I found the correct pointer. Thanks.
cooley, I did try to figure out your method when you first posted it, but my mind got lost in other activities before I could finish figuring it out (I almost had it).

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Melash said:
Well...how do I find the pointers to the tilesets? I know how to find text pointers, but what about tilesets...?

Pointers of tilesets can be a bit more difficult. The tileset headers are located at 0x156D3 and they go [Tile 3-byte Pointer][Block data 3-byte Pointer][Collision data 3-byte Pointer].

A-D-D-F_Toxic said:
That worked great. I found the correct pointer. Thanks.
cooley, I did try to figure out your method when you first posted it, but my mind got lost in other activities before I could finish figuring it out (I almost had it).

Basic trial and error, sometimes easy, sometimes hard. Depends on how many bytes arise that are the same. :P

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2012
How size I use on Corsola? I already tried in size 40x40, 56x56 and 48x48 and every mistake I made was trying to replace the Happiny
PS: You can create a tutorial of how to change the pallet of hero?​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Malese said:
How size I use on Corsola? I already tried in size 40x40, 56x56 and 48x48 and every mistake I made was trying to replace the Happiny
PS: You can create a tutorial of how to change the pallet of hero?​

Umm..no need to revive month old threads, but seeing as it is mine I might as well answer.

Corsola is 48 x 48 in size, so that is the height and width you would have to use.

There are plenty of tutorials explaining how to change palettes of anything in this forum.

Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2012
Thank you, on the pallets I wanted to change the hero of the red to blue, and how that changes the backsprite of the hero?​

Years
title screen

hey all can somebody explain to me how i can turn everythinh put the pokemon sign and gold version sign to green? a bit like plasma red and cobalt blue but green?
thanks in advance and sorry for reviving i just don't want this thread to die sorry.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Please don't revive threads older than a month.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back