• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

echo; A KANTO JOURNEY (OOC)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I'd like to replace Growl for Peck, pweez :3

Also, to explain Phoenix's battle-style:

I wanted Katt to have Pokemon that are fast and relatively acrobatic, giving her team a sort of graceful, dancer-like motif. That being said, Phoenix is her most agile Pokemon and as such likes to display her battle skills in various acrobatic maneuvers. Bastian brought it to my attention while we were writing the post, also, that Phoenix seemed a tad OP'd, so I dialed it back a bit.

However, I don't want her to lose her style (As in, jumping around and doing aerial screws when she attacks). They're not meant to come off as "masterful" or "powerful", simply an alternative means of delivering a blow.

Also, about Phoenix's reflexes: Bastian described Stomps as being a few feet away from Phoenix when he was delivering his attack. To me, a few feet is anywhere between 2-5 so, logically (IMO) that' be enough time to bat the attack away with a counter :V
I see, it's ok :3

Finally posted. :)

Frsrs character development is upcoming in the next post! Wait and seeee!
Spoiler:
Yay!

And I didn't post ._. Exams are drawing closer and my mind is in other places. But I'll make sure to not fall behind with updating levels and such for your posts, at least ;3

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
I SAW YOUR POST IN THE DISCUSSION THREAD.

Can I please join if there is any spots left? I'll take any character and Pokemon aha.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
FINALLY A SPOT OPEN AJOFJAOSIJF. Got jumped on it last time, but can I reserve the Kanto Male and Monferno please? I'll have a sign-up (and my MAO post =P) up tonight!

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
By the way I believe Marshtomp is actually available if someone signing up wants it. It's crossed out but none of us already in have it. Some trainers might be marked as unavailable when they aren't but I'm not sure if I saw any errors there.

Also, I'm surprised Charmeleon wasn't a tempting factor. This is like, unheard of! Unimaginable! Inconceivable... It's like a solar eclipse at night!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I SAW YOUR POST IN THE DISCUSSION THREAD.

Can I please join if there is any spots left? I'll take any character and Pokemon aha.
Yes, you may.

FINALLY A SPOT OPEN AJOFJAOSIJF. Got jumped on it last time, but can I reserve the Kanto Male and Monferno please? I'll have a sign-up (and my MAO post =P) up tonight!
First, I want you to really think about if you really want to be in both echo and MAO. They are a bit different but they are still both journey RPs and from my experience, it can be a bit tedious or boring after a while to be in several journey like RPs.

So if you are sure, I can reserve you :>

By the way I believe Marshtomp is actually available if someone signing up wants it. It's crossed out but none of us already in have it. Some trainers might be marked as unavailable when they aren't but I'm not sure if I saw any errors there.

Also, I'm surprised Charmeleon wasn't a tempting factor. This is like, unheard of! Unimaginable! Inconceivable... It's like a solar eclipse at night!
Haha, I would totally pick Charmeleon if I would re-sign-up. But I like Aberdeen too much :3 Just... have to... get around to making a post about him concluding dat battul.
I did give myself a Charmander in MAO to make up for it ;D;D;D

Also, I'll doublecheck the OP.
EDIT: It should be right now! Marshtomp was the only miss.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'm actually more of a fan of journey RPs as it is (plus I have my own I'm GMing as it is!), so I'm definitely sure =) But thank you for the concern!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I'll reserve Marshtomp and the BW Male please while I think over my character, thanks. :)
Reserved! Be sure to get your SU up as soon as you can, but don't rush it. Take your time and look at the other accepted SUs (links to them can be found in the very first IC post) to get an idea of what I'd like to see.

I'm actually more of a fan of journey RPs as it is (plus I have my own I'm GMing as it is!), so I'm definitely sure =) But thank you for the concern!
You've been quite active in the RP Corner so I believe you ;) You are reserved for Kanto Male and Monferno!

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
I'd actually prefer playing around with a Charmander before I evolve it though. I have a really cute personality in mind for a Charmander if I have the opportunity to obtain one later. :P

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Hopefully this will do!

Name: Gregory "Greg" Bishop
Trainer: Kanto Male
Starter:
391.gif

Monferno♂
Scratch, Leer, Ember, Taunt, ThunderPunch

Personality: Greg likes to keep to himself, as he is rather self-conscious due to the bullying that happened to him when he was a kid. He has a difficult time conveying his words when he is speaking, but in his writing he is eloquent beyond his years. He has a deep-seated want to understand Pokémon and how they act, and is quite knowledgeable about these from the amount of time he has spent studying. Beyond that, he isn't generally considered "smart".

As introverted as Greg is, he keeps a small close-knit group of friends that he feels he can trusts. Outside of these friends, he generally doesn't share anything personal with anyone, including his family. He has a hard time trusting people, and if you break the trust that you've given him, you will never gain it back from him (there might be exceptions to this, but to this day there hasn't been any).

The good news is, once Greg trusts you, he will treat you with nothing with kindness and respect. He values those that he can count on to have his back when he knows that the majority won't have the same courtesy back to him. For those he doesn't trust, he doesn't treat them with any disrespect, he doesn't act overly kind to them, he just gives them the common respect and goodness he believes all people should be treated with.

As far as interests go, Greg was always very into Pokémon from a young age, as they were always around him in his household. He played with his parents Pokémon when he had the chance, and he loved them, even if he didn't feel the same way about his parents. He's always liked hanging out with his small group of friends, where they usually talked about their general lives, Pokémon, and their futures of what they wanted to do when they grew up. As a more "fun" thing, they also played kickball a lot.

Roleplay Sample:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
@ Jake, certainly does! Welcome to this RP ;)

@ Pyro, yeah I too like Charmander. But I love Charmeleon~

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Oh well thanks ;) My question is would you prefer me to start from the beginning, or do you want to negotiate out where I'd stand starting in Pewter?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Oh well thanks ;) My question is would you prefer me to start from the beginning, or do you want to negotiate out where I'd stand starting in Pewter?

Depends on what you'd prefer. If you do want to start out in Pewter, I can alleviate your pokémon's levels depending on how many pokémon you wish to have captured on the former routes. The fewer pokémon you have, the higher their levels will be. Somewhere in the middle of what the rest of the players in Pewter have.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Honestly I think I'd rather just start off in Pewter City and only capture a Petilil

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Would Monferno on lvl 18 and Petilil on lvl 14 work, then?

You'll have to let me know the gender of Petilil, and also Monferno was able to learn Fury Swipes at lvl 16. Would you like to discard one of the current moves to learn Fury Swipes instead?

Last edited:

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
Zovy was 13 prior to my latest post. D:

I'll replace Leer with Screech.

As for the new leveling update; my only issue with it is that I really want to get grovyle's next grass move and that won't happen until 29 or so. Otherwise I won't mind too much because the other moves are pretty average minus Slam maybe. Using Absorb for a grass move is pretty lame but I'm stuck with it for awhile. : /

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I guess I missed that, no need to make faces.

Let's hope you'll get TMs in an area or quest soon, then. Since we have level caps now, you'll likely reach the cap anyways, if you write several posts in an area using Vuowth as much as you've done this far.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
I'll be able to write my SU tomorrow; having to give up my laptop to my sister tonight and so can't do much :(

Also if I get through with my SU can I start in Pewter City? Thanks.

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
I believe Zovy is supposed to learn another move at 15 then according to the B2/W2 moveset if you're still following that.

I'm pondering what TMs I want to obtain potentially for future Pokemon should they become obtainable or focus on what I have now and what they can learn now or in the future via evolution. Zovy will probably need more boosting since Vuowth is already armed with a decent egg move.

Back