• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen September Corocoro: The Scoop of the Century? Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
The corocoro site updated apparently, (http://kalos-pkmnacademy.tumblr.com/post/57656939031/corocoro-website-updated-revealing-that-this)

From what its translated as, it's a bit more than I was expecting. I just hope when they say evolutions, they mean from older gens as well.

Google Translate version:

Colo is also this month
Way Beyond the Pokemon scoop Bukkake!
Pokemon to a new evolution!
Further new Pokemon!
"Pokemon X", "Y Pokemon"
Pokemon! do not appear only in each
I have got a big scoop, the ... us!

Years
Someone translated it to this:
"Meaning that the scoop of the century is to be released, it will include new evolved Pokemon, more version exclusive Pokemon and loads of new Kalos Pokemon!"

I will search for other interpretations, but honestly, I really expected and wanted that version exclusive content pronto, so I would be happy if this were the accurate translation.

And another one, "The official Corocoro website updated earlier today and has revealed that the August issue will reveal more version exclusive Pokemon, new Pokemon evolutions and even more new Pokemon from the Kalos region!"

Oh yeah, so it looks like scoop equates to quantity rather than a dramatic change in game mechanics. Though, we could expect some new features as well along with characters. For me, I am fine with evo's and exclusive content.

The leak could come at any time now! SO EXCITED!

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
Well, it's August 8th here now, so CoroCoro can leak any time since it's expected to release sooner than usual. I'm pretty excited, but I don't want to expect too much out of it, that way if a lot does reveal, I'll be more hyped.

Pretty much as long as it doesn't show too much of the storyline/plot, and just either mechanics/a couple new pokemon/evolutions, I'll be fine. Now let's see if the potato chip and sushi roll Pokemon are real or not. I won't care either way, since I don't hate food Pokemon, yet I'm not too much of a big fan of them.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I'll be disappointed if there isn't new real-time battle mechanic. It's been turn-based since 1996, and with new powerful hardware, it's just flat-out lazy if they a least don't implement a real-time battle mode.

I'd even like a real-time Pokémon Contest; just anything which is different from the same turn-based gameplay we've been playing over the past 15 years.

Now, if the game still is turn-based, I guess the game will still be enjoyable, but the lack of innovation is making the longevity of the series a concern to me.

Now let's see if the potato chip and sushi roll Pokemon are real or not.

After that horrible Mewtwo forme, I'd expect something like this. Now throw spikes and other randomly coloured crap on it and we can call it a day.

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 12, 2016
Since the game is so close to release, they might just go ahead and reveal the entire pokedex? Or is it too soon for that?

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
Since the game is so close to release, they might just go ahead and reveal the entire pokedex? Or is it too soon for that?

IMO, I think it would be too soon, and it would also be the first time for them to do this. I believe the B/W Pokedex was leaked from rom dumping, which can't be done on the 3DS atm.

Usually in past generations they only show a handful or two of Pokemon prior to the JP release(and then everything quickly gets revealed upon discovery). I would be glad if they didn't show all of them now, and not even prior to the release date. I hope they leave out a couple handfuls for us to discover on our own.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
I'm not really a big fan of food Pokemon and I do wonder sometimes if there is still any creativity left to create the coming generations. WHAT IF! what if, what if, what if, what if they reveal a new eeveeltuion! >:)

blue

gucci
Years
Bring it on ;) I'm so psyched now! I hope the evolution they're talking about are cross-generation evolutions! Also, with this being the biggest scoop yet I'm expecting or hoping for plenty more Pokémon than previous scoops.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Is the new Absol evo image valid? Looks cool

tumblr_ml07pfYHvv1rw2cyro1_500.png

blue

gucci
Years
Even though that image is fake I do think an Absol evolution is very plausible, especially in this Generation.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
I saw it on the corocoro twitter. Nice work putting the fake image ingame though.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
So CoroCoro updated now. Since I don't want to bother posting the pictures... I really must say... that I have no idea what they are trying to do with Pokemon like Blaziken, Lucario, and Ampharos... the others look fine, however.

Edit: Could they be either new forms or evolutions?

Edit 2: "Be warned as this is not 100% confirmed at this time" was posted on Serebii. I think the new Pokemon are real, but these new forms I believe are fake.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
Okay what the actual heck?

This is the first thing in X and Y that has upset me. I mean seriously Mega-Pokemon? Are we turning into Digimon..?

Also apparently you can just add flowing random stuff to a Poke and call it Mega.
And why for the love of god do Pokemon like Lucario and Blaziken have this? Seriously..?

pokerex

I'm awesome
Years
I am laughing my ass off right now. This must be fake.
I mean, hello? wtf is this. Blaziken and lucario are getting an evo/new form?
I tell you this is 100% fake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back