• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

First Contact [T] SU/OOC

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Now for the IC to start.........luckily winter break is coming along for us students. :)

Say.....I was wondering.....then will the king somehow send Zoroark and others to the crash site then?

Well if you want or (preferred) your already in Tranquility for some reason (business or vacation up to you).

The idea is that its rather far from the capital city (A map would help I realize...) so if your coming from there it might take a while.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 13, 2024
I'm debating Riley grumbling over nearly being killed and how that insults a god of his prowess. XD And then being a temporary street musician while he explores. XD

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
@Fuyu keep in mind the intention is to have all the Pokemon stick together and all the humans sticking together throughout the RP. Side quests and little personal missions will be kept to a minimum.

Ok I posted the IC so that means I'll start accepting second character SUs now for the remaining slots.

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 13, 2024
XD I mean while he's heading to the wreckage. Don't worry Stingray Riley will stay close when he meets up with everyone.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
I hope you don't mind me making a second character then.....

Name: Nathaniel Excifer

Pokemon species: Gallade

Job: Lumberjack

Appearance: Nathaniel is a rather emotionless guy. He doesn't show emotion, and doesn't change expressions unless their emotions really hit him hard. He looks like any other Gallade, yet has a rather small teal-colored head crest. Reaching five feet in height and having wide feet, his spikes on the side of his face are larger than normal for a Gallade. Instead of having a spike between the white and green boundaries of his colored body, it's a simple straight line just above his torso. He has a scar running vertically over his eye, clearly visible on his eyelid. The scar stretches all the way from the edge of the helmet over his eye, and runs straight down to stop at his cheek. He has a muscular body, not really as skinny as his kind is.
Spoiler:

Personality: Nathaniel is a very quiet, obedient, loyal guy. He's very honest and doesn't hesitate to jump in to save the day. He's an introvert however, preffering to spend time alone, quiet and quite reflective. He likes to think and ponder, always thinking before he speaks his mind out. Rather than listening to his guts, he believes and learns using his five senses. He won't believe unless he sees it, so mythology and rumors are useless to him. He has a hard time believing in something that cannot me seen. Nathaniel usually uses common sense, and likes concrete, detailed facts. To him, work is his passion. Rarely gets bored, and rarely socializes unless spoken to.

However, his decisions are mostly based on logic. When it comes to this, he may not take other's feelings into consideration unless they are loved ones, and doesn't base his decisions on emotions unless they truly take over him, such as love or hatred. Others see him as lacking compassion due to this, yet in reality he just sees decisions based on emotions very reckless. He can easily see the flaws of others, and only helps those who have helped him. Nathaniel is a very orderly, organizational Gallade, able to stick to his goals and never veer off his path unless the moment asks for it. To him, work is more important than playing. He is careful about what he has and is an earlybird.

His hobbies vary. Nathaniel's main hobbies are playing using his elbows as swords, running, sketching, and sky viewing. He tends to be lazy and sit most of his time when out of work, looking at either the clouds or the stars. A very artistic drawer, he also cuts up dead trees to make sculptures of art. This may also be with rocks, ice, or anything of the sort. Nathaniel is very intelligent, relying on his terrain and observations much of the time. When it comes to friends, he's very connected to them and finds it a very delicate matter. Once he has one, which is hard to get, he cherishes them and had complete, utter loyalty to them. To him, true friends are rare, and possibly impossible. To them, he reveals everything about anything, and is a very docile person towards them and nobody else.

History: He was born into a very rich family, also hardworking. His father had a high position as one who controls Lumberjacks at what to cut and such, being the main boss. As a male, he was passed down the job as a Lumberjack as part of his famly's culture eversince he turned 10. Before this, he was rather spoiled and lonely, having no siblings or friends. His mother died at a young age, only being 5 years old. He wanted to make his mother proud, thus going to school and exceling in his studies by a huge amount. Finally, when he turned 10, he started to work as a Lumberjack and got out of school to devote his time as one. By this time period, he was a male Kirlia. Other Lumberjacks noticed how he was having trouble as a Lumberjack, since he was a pure psychic at the time. His father told him to give up and find a better job that suits his intelligence and species type.

Being obedient and listening to his father, he decided to be a waiter as a local restaurant. At first, he enjoyed the job since he started to make acquaintances, yet started to yearn for his familie's tradition of passing down jobs. He moved it aside since he knew it was impossible for a psychic to do labor, and thus changed to being a scientist. Everything went well until he evolved into a Gallade at the age of 18, the peak age of his young adulthood. His father saw this as an opportunity and taught him to fight to defend himself. After a year, Nathaniel started to Lumberjack once more. At last, he was able to excel thanks to his elbows that cut like swords. When he turned 23, his father retired and was old of age, being 57. Nathaniel kept his job, yet still used his intelligence for simple mind games like Sudoku, Checkers, and other such games.

Moves: Leaf Blade, Teleport, Confusion, Psycho Cut, Night Slash, and Sword Dance.

RP Sample: You got my entry already, so you know what I'm made of....unless you want another RP sample.

Last edited:

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
@Otherworld9) second SU is accepted though you might want to go into more detail on the Dancing Sword since it sounds so generic (and can be replaced by a most such as Slash, or another ability that hints at using a blade to attack with).

Also IC is up... and I will not be able to post until Sunday do to company coming into town, but you all can post without me.

Humans: Get to the docking bay as ordered and start interacting if you like (or you can all be anti-social up to you). You can post what you were doing up to that point as well. Your choice.

Pokemon: Up to you what you want to do but perhaps you should jump into the discussion and try to convince each other on what course of action to take. In the end the Pokemon players are the ones who decide whether they want to be aggressive or careful.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
@Otherworld9) second SU is accepted though you might want to go into more detail on the Dancing Sword since it sounds so generic (and can be replaced by a most such as Slash, or another ability that hints at using a blade to attack with).

Also IC is up... and I will not be able to post until Sunday do to company coming into town, but you all can post without me.

Humans: Get to the docking bay as ordered and start interacting if you like (or you can all be anti-social up to you). You can post what you were doing up to that point as well. Your choice.

Pokemon: Up to you what you want to do but perhaps you should jump into the discussion and try to convince each other on what course of action to take. In the end the Pokemon players are the ones who decide whether they want to be aggressive or careful.

Now that you mention it, you're right.....so I just took off Dancing Sword and added two other helpful moves. Hope it's better then.

I'll start as Zoroark then....and then Gallade. I'll just put two posts into one huge one to use the two.....unless somebody else wants to interact right off the bat with them....which is probably unlikely.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
I cant post till tomorrow, just an FYI

Technically, later today, since it's 2 in the morning

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Just FYI there are no pokemon in Mirit atm... all the survivors escaped and the dead ones got crushed under several thousand tons of Warship goodness. So until the Pokemon players show up the city is empty.

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 13, 2024
Good to know. Excuse me while I get Riley into this. XD

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Sorry if I'm holding everyone up, but I can't and don't want to post until I finish all the projects I was assigned 4 days before vacation (I'll post over vacation(some time between friday and tuesday) if you didn't follow that)

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Ok everyone I'm going on holiday vacation which means visiting family and driving/flying to several locations and plenty of people wanting my full attention at all times... This means I will most likely be unable to post until Jan 2nd.

Until then I encourage you all to continue posting without me.

Pokemon: You can go ahead and head out to scout out the humans. The Gardevoir can teleport you outside the city so you can get there quickly... or you can walk.

Humans: You can start rummaging through the houses. Remember this is the first time seeing anything from the Pokemon so remember proper reactions :p Also humans will not leave the remains of Mirit for now so DO NOT GO WANDERING.

Both: If you decide to go ahead with their first confrontation REMEMBER they can not speak each other's language and there will be a complete failure to communicate (this will be solved later, but that will happen after I get back). If you do decide to start the confrontation do not finish it before I get back.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Ok I was waiting for Otherworld9) to post but I might go ahead and press without her for now...

I was hoping for a bit more activity in this RP but perhaps it was just the holidays.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
Name: Vivi "Magni" Zephyrus

Pokemon species: Riolu

Job: Apprentice at a Dojo.

Appearance: Vivi looks like your average Riolu if not a little taller and with slightly more defined muscles. Unlike most Riolus, Vivi stands at three meters tall instead of point seven meters and weighs a little bit more than the average Riolu. Another feature to this Riolu that's out of norm is that Vivi's fur is a deep crimson color due to permanent dye. Besides these aesthetic changes, the Riolu wears a pair of white pants. Nothing besides his fur adorns his chest. A silver chain necklace with the image of a Lucario hanging from the chain can be seen hanging from Vivi's neck.

Personality: To summarize Vivi's character in the best way possible would be with the word odd. Dominique is a social butterfly. The Riolu loves to surround himself with people if only not to feel so isolated. Often times the boy will randomly switch subjects mid-conversation, jumping from one train of though to another and sometimes getting ran over by a train of thought. The boy is prone to dramatic freakouts if someone says something about him which he takes as an insult. Most of the time, the young teen is confident in his abilities but he can never quite shake that feeling that he's all alone in the world.

Dominique is very excitable when it comes to a good fight and tends to over think his strategies. It's rather obvious that Vivi can go overboard at times about fighting. Even though the Riolu loves to talk and socialize, at times he can be insensitive to the feelings of others. He's not a mean person for that since he feels horrible when he says something insulting to another, even if it's the blunt truth. It's like his brain doesn't have a filter to what he says so his words can sometimes come out harsh and blunt.

History: Vivi has lived a rather peace life in Tranquility Town. Vivi lived by himself with his father, a shiny Lucario, because his mother passed away two months after his egg hatched. His father owned a Dojo, which Vivi loved to visit every day, for fighting type pokemon to train up to their full potential. Besides the varied training sessions at the Dojo, Vivi's early years passed by uneventfully until when Vivi's seventh birthday arrived.

By that time most baby Pokemon would of already evolved but Vivi stayed a Riolu. This worried his father for he didn't want his son to be inadequate to the other Fighting Types. When asked about why he never evolved, Vivi would just say that he didn't want to evolve till he mastered the use of Aura Sphere. Typically that level of mastery over Aura came when a Riolu evolved into a Lucario so to say that his dream to be unlike the ordinary Riolus wasn't a stretch to say the least.

Throughout his childhood years, Vivi spent his days and nights training to reach his goal with his father silently watching over him. His father watched over the years as Vivi slowly got stronger and his fur got dyed a deep crimson. One night before his sixteenth birthday, Vivi had a breakthrough in his training. He actually managed to control Aura enough to form in his hands though he couldn't control it to it's full extent so the Aura spiraled in on itself. Vivi dubbed this new move the Aura Spiral.

Moves: Swords Dance, Screech, Brick Break, Protect, and Aura Spiral.

Aura Spiral: A move similar to that of aura sphere. Vivi came up with this move while trying to master Aura Sphere. What it is in essence is a ball of Aura formed between his hands. Vivi doesn't have strong control over this Aura so it elongates and spirals in on itself. Vivi then launches it at his opponent. In power it hits for less than that of Aura Sphere but does more damage than a move like Force Palm.

RP Sample: Dominique, getting more and more impatient with simply watching the evening sky in an attempt to feel some sort of peace in the simple act, arched his back and sprung himself up onto his feet. He couldn't stand just lying there and doing absolutely nothing. It was completely boring. He had nothing against weather and this was indeed his favorite type of weather but he still couldn't help but to feel bored. He needed some sort of action to silence the boredom. Maybe a battle would be good?

Dominique, glancing over at his sleeping Zorua, realized that he'd run into trouble if the opponent wanted to have more than just an one on one battle due to the simple fact that Zu was out like a rock. Kneeling down beside his sleeping pokemon, Dominique gently shook Zu's shoulders multiple times in an attempt to wake her up. While he had to admit that Zu looked peaceful sleeping curled up on her side almost as if she were resting on a cloud high above the rest of the world, Dominique needed her to be awake in order to have a proper battle.

Turning back into her regular form, Zu practically jumped up in the air like a poptart coming out of the toaster only with none of the happiness that would be associated with eating a poptart. Glaring intently at and letting out a sharp cry of displeasure at her master, Zu faced her trainer. With a sharp cry, Zu sauntered off in a random direction like a cat precariously walking across a thin wire overlooking a city below. An aura, chilling Dominique down to the bone, of annoyance and anger seemed to flow off the little Zorua in waves almost as if she had used her strongest Dark Pulse.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
roen52 your pending you need to look over your SU you called your character a different name a couple of times.

Also when I think of someone who is excitable I do not think of someone who over thinks their strategies... People who tend to over think things (IE me) we tend to take a lot of time thinking up plans and not taking action (so do a lot of standing around and thinking about something instead of doing it). Excitable to me implies one just jumps in without thinking too much. So if you could expand on what you mean by that it would be helpful.

Also you need to explain why he feels all alone in the world... There has to be a reason behind it other than he just feels that way. Especially since he is a social butterfly.

Sorry for the slow response I forgot to check the OOC the last few days >.<

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Name: Rafael "Sparks" Misu

Pokemon species:Pikachu

Job: Wiring

Appearance: Rafael looks just like a regular pikachu except for a few things. One of the things is that his ear is filled with scars. Another thing that is different about him is that he has abnormal colored eyes. The last thing that is different about him is that he is a little bit taller than usual.

Personality: He is almost never a grumpy guy when around people. He dislikes when people make fun of his scars and his eyes. He is a very romantic guy when around other people but when alone with a girl he gets a little socially awkward. He almost always has a smile on his face.

History: Rafael was always a little different than everybody else. As a boy he found out he was socially awkward towards girls. Due to that he was always forever alone. His life changed when a metal object flew from the sky destroying the village he lived in. He was devastated and scared because his parents were there. Rafael was one of the first people to see the metal object and he voted to destroy it.

Moves: Volt tackle. Thunderbolt. Iron tail, quick attack, electro ball.

RP Sample: Rafael woke up a little bit early. He walked out of his house and went towards the nearest forest looking for some loose berries. Then he heard a sound but ignored it for now. About five minutes passed before he collected all the berries and headed home. When he got back to the village he saw that it was destroyed by a giant metal object. He went close to it and sighed.

It was then he remembered his parents lived in the same village as he did. He started to sprint towards his parents house and saw they weren't there. Tears started to swell up in his eyes but he held back from crying and went towards the metal thing and kicked it hard.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Rafael p : sorry but your SU is too short. You need to expand every section of the SU. Also you can have a sixth attack if your not using a custom one. Also if you were THAT close to the crash you could not ignore it... since you just had a giant ship with all its remaining engines roaring (trying to prevent the crash or dampen the blow so not to be completely be destroyed) crashing into the ground.

Back