• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Water Water Everywhere

Years
I really enjoyed exploring the seas, although the tentacool's were super annoying after a while >_>.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
I have to say, being a Fire-type trainer, all the water routes were quite annoying for me. I hope X and Y don't have as many.

You must have loved Sinnoh. You can count the water routes on one hand! :P

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
The water routes were awesome. Hoenn was an island in a tropical region and Game Freak really made it feel like it. The routes near Mossdeep City were a bit annoying though since it didn't have any guidance or anything so I kind of got lost a bit. :x Another thing I kind of hated was that they could have added a more variety of Pokemon on the water routes since about 80% of the Pokemon I saw were the Wingull and Tentacool Family.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 4, 2022
I liked surfing all around the place, after all it fits Hoenn in every aspect, from it being a tropical region to one of the main legendaries being a water-type, and Team Aqua wanting to expand the water mass. The only downside IMO is the only (or the majority) of the Pokémon you'd find were the Wingull and Tentacool evolutionary lines.

JustChillin810

xX_ElectricPikachu_Xx
Years
Well it was kind of good and kind of not so good. It was good because you had the ability to dive and explore more places. Also I love water type pokémon I think they are incredible. But the downside is that you always have to face wild pokémon and that you don't have the option to go faster (your running ability doesn't work at all)

Back