• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sparkling Gems: The Hoenn Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atmageth

The One and Only
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 11, 2022
Username: Atmageth
Partner Pokemon: Treeko
Why do you want to Join? I began my pokemon experience with Pokemon Ruby Version, and I love it to death. I can still remember picking Treeko as my very first pokemon. I love the gameplay mechanics it added, the beautiful and diverse cities, and most of all the pokemon themselves. Hoenns grass types are some of my favorites in the series.
Of all places in the Hoenn region, which is your most favorite? Oh thats a tough one. I think im gonna go with Fortree City, it definitely has the best aesthetic.

Years
Let us breathe life into the Hoenn club again! C'mon, Hoenn's great. Welcome, guys!

Of all places in the Hoenn region, which is your most favorite?

Oh goosh, too many. Sootopolis is located in a really unique area and I absolutely adore the design of the buildings.. but Fortree is gorgeous, too. I can't decide which of the two I would rather live in! Would love to see more updated art of these locations, perhaps I'll go searching to see if any fans have created anything in that regard. :'o

Atmageth

The One and Only
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 11, 2022
Let us breathe life into the Hoenn club again! C'mon, Hoenn's great. Welcome, guys!

Of all places in the Hoenn region, which is your most favorite?

Oh goosh, too many. Sootopolis is located in a really unique area and I absolutely adore the design of the buildings.. but Fortree is gorgeous, too. I can't decide which of the two I would rather live in! Would love to see more updated art of these locations, perhaps I'll go searching to see if any fans have created anything in that regard. :'o

Yeah, this clubs been pretty dead XD, I think we're due for a new topic:
Out of all the Pokemon introduced in Gen 3, which types do you think had the best Pokemon?

In my opinion, Hoenn had the best designs for Grass types in the entire series. They are what made Grass one of my favorite types. And a lot of them are really fun to use. Shiftry and Ludicolo work great in the sun and rain respectively, and i think Cacturne is great in lower tiers.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Of all the places in the Hoenn region, which is your most favorite?

I'd have to say.... Lilycove City, Where the land ends and the sea begins. (I had to look up the city name cause I haven't played any of the games in a whole :( but I found that little passage thing with it as well as other passage thingies with the other towns/cities). But I like this city. It has the ocean/beach on one side of it; and it has a lot of greenery, which I love grass and trees. I love the fresh air.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Out of all the Pokemon introduced in Gen 3, which types do you think had the best Pokemon?
Probably dark. They've introduced plenty of dark-types in gen 3, including (but, of course, not limited to) Sharpedo, Shiftry, Absol, Crawdaunt, Carvanha, Sableye, and Mightyena. They all look quite amazing to me in-design, and they're not that bad when it comes to battling either. If used correctly, they could take down a bunch of your opponent's Pokémon single-handedly. d:

Years
Do you prefer Beautifly or Dustox? Why?

tumblr_mbc7ztgh5I1qcm0wfo1_500.gif

I probably don't have to explain myself much. :) Dustox isn't too bad but not only am I not a fan of moths but I think Beautifly has a much more appealing design. I adore the butterfly Pokemon and loved her ever since her debut in the Hoenn saga of the anime.

Tried training one several times across my playthroughs in R/S/E, too. Was hard since she isn't the strongest (and no STAB for her draining moves sigh) but still fun.

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
Do you prefer Beautifly or Dustox? Why?

tumblr_mbc7ztgh5I1qcm0wfo1_500.gif

I probably don't have to explain myself much. :) Dustox isn't too bad but not only am I not a fan of moths but I think Beautifly has a much more appealing design. I adore the butterfly Pokemon and loved her ever since her debut in the Hoenn saga of the anime.

Tried training one several times across my playthroughs in R/S/E, too. Was hard since she isn't the strongest (and no STAB for her draining moves sigh) but still fun.

I totally agree, Beautifly looks quite elegant. It's colorful patterns bring life to any team you may have. It doesn't have much use beside contests though.......... It does absolutely no extreme damage, due to which it has siimply no use on my team. But Dustox is even more unappealing. Call me anything you want but I DO judge Pokemon by their appearance..........

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
The club has been pretty inactive lately, so I'm starting off a new topic to give it a boost. :] When playing R/S/E, which character did you choose? May or Brendan? Why did you choose them? What did you name them? Go wild, guys!

Atmageth

The One and Only
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 11, 2022
The club has been pretty inactive lately, so I'm starting off a new topic to give it a boost. :] When playing R/S/E, which character did you choose? May or Brendan? Why did you choose them? What did you name them? Go wild, guys!

Brenden, cause im a guy. and i named him after myself, which is what i usually do.

Years
Username: Purplefire
Nickname: purple
Partner Pokémon: shuppet
Why do you want to join?: emerald was my first pokemon game and its region will all way have a special place in my heart
Answer a topic: treeko is my favorite. Its not the most hyped of the three and I am a fan of the grass starters. I also like its move set and the way the pokemon and its evos where in the anime

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
When playing R/S/E, which character did you choose? May or Brendan?
I chose May in Ruby, and named her after myself, Ashley. In Pokémon Emerald, though, I chose Brendan. Not really sure what I ended up naming him, but I think it started with the letter L. I'm guessing it could be Landon. d:

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
Username: (Your Pokecommunity username.): Merak
Nickname: (Do you want to be called by another name in the club? Leave blank if not.)
Partner Pokémon: (Pick one Basic, non-legendary Pokémon introduced in Generation III.): Mudkip.
Why do you want to join?: (Why do you want to join this club?): Hoenn is my favorite region, plus its got things no other region has.
Answer a topic: Answer one of our current topics.
To answer a recent topic: I chose Brendan because I'm male. I remember seeing that the rival from my sister's Sapphire was the same person that could be chosen as the player character, so I chose to name him Brendon(spelled it wrong, I mistook the 'a' for 'o' haha). The name's stuck ever since, so I've named all my (main) playthrough characters Brendon.
Also my favorite Hoenn pokemon is swampert. I've got a nice level100 swampert from my very first Ruby playthrough. X)

Also I hope I didn't have a math error when checking this thread, its been inactive for about 28 or 29 days, and if I remember right the limit is 30. lol Didn't wanna revive an dead thread.

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Aug 12, 2021
Oh my gosh gen 3 club. Totally in!

Username: Lil MuDkiP849
Nickname: (blank)
Partner Pokémon: Ahh, mudkips claimed ;( Hmm...guess I'll go with Beldum ;P
374.gif

Why do you want to join?: I love Hoenn! I never thought I would before playing Emerald, but it's really an amazing game to pass time with. Talking to others who share the same love for these games is a real treat in my book.

Answer a topic: Of all places in the Hoenn region, which is your most favorite?- The Battle Frontier! Gonna try and go for all the gold medals in my Emerald once I finish up my Leaf Green file to give more Kanto pokes to my Emerald =)

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
I never had Emerald, only Ruby. But hey, that's enough for me(for now). I still wish I had Emerald though haha.
Also wish I had two GBAs and a link cable to use, then I could trade and stuff. :) That'd be great.

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
Years
  • Age 33
  • NY
  • Seen Aug 12, 2021
I never had Emerald, only Ruby. But hey, that's enough for me(for now). I still wish I had Emerald though haha.
Also wish I had two GBAs and a link cable to use, then I could trade and stuff. :) That'd be great.

I have Link Cables, as well as GBA -> Gamecube cables to transfer pokes over to Colosseum/XD...it is so satisfying doing that since those games offer *lots* of play options with transferred pokes =)

Years
Nono! Don't die, beautiful club!

When playing R/S/E, which character did you choose? May or Brendan?

May. :D I was a girl and liked her design so yeah. Though I'm still not the biggest fan of her overworld sprite since it looks like her pouch is her behind and it's curved upwards, haha. But I play as my own gender as it's most comfortable for me so I wouldn't let a small sprite oddity convince me otherwise.

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
I remember how one time a few years back, my sister and I got into this random little debate on whether Brendan had white hair or If that was just a hat. lol
We settled on 'hat', haha.

Also I agree, May's design was good, though I never noticed that little pouch oddity you mentioned(then agai I never paid too much attention to small details like that XD )

Years
Username: AoTora
Nickname: Ao
Partner Pokémon: Zangoose
Why do you want to join?: Gen 3 was my first pokemon game I played (Emerald) so therefor it's one of my top three gens :)

Do you prefer Beautifly or dustox? I like Beautifly a little bit more because I like it's design- I am not really big fan of moths in real life so therefor I don't really like Dustox.

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
Welcome to the club, Ao~

I think it might be time for a new topic(if its not, then somebody should probably let me know. lol)

There was originally supposed to be a feature in the daycare that would allow a pokemon to receive mail from a traded pokemon while in the daycare.(Link here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Ruby_and_Sapphire_beta)
So what do you guys think? Should this feature have made it through into the final release instead of being scrapped?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I don't know, probably not. I mean, not many people actually use these stuff, do they? So what would be the point? d: If you're wanting to communicate with whoever you're trading with, you could do it face-to-face. You're using a link cable, so they're right next to you. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back