• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Hack of the Year 2009] Pokémon: Azure Horizons

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Oh, this is great! Azure Horizons is back! I loved your hack way back when. Everything looks great, so keep it up. Luck~

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Looking good, Frostbite. The textbox looks great (Platinum textboxes look great in GBA hacks :P), and the maps looks wonderful. I like how you added the small R/S/E additions to the game. Keep it up!

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
Thanks for the support and comments guys, I really appreciate it. :)

I'm hoping to have Beta 1 released by early to mid December. Here's a little video previewing some of the hack's gameplay.

Click Me

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Wow, that looks great! Seems like this hack has a lot of promise. I can only complain that in the video, there wan't really that much gameplay, but ah well. Keep it up, Luck~

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
Time for an update:

new2.png
asdf-1.png
new1.png

Some screenshots of the beginning events in the game which I've been working on. Choosing your starter Pokémon and battling your rival for the first time.

As you can see from the screens the official starters for this game will be Treecko, Torchic and Mudkip.

Last edited:

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
For a second, I thought it was a RSE hack, but it was FR.

Nice maps, maybe you could get a tile change, but it's still good.

Years
Wow this looks really good! cant wait till release!

if you ask me i like capitilisation better cos then you dont have to read the whole text. you just get the gist of it.

but it does look cleaner.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
For a second, I thought it was a RSE hack, but it was FR.

Nice maps, maybe you could get a tile change, but it's still good.
How'd you think this was a hack of R/S/E? o_o
And his tiles ARE changed, and they look perfect. :P

Anyway, nice new updates, Frostbite! I like how you added some R/S/E additions to it, along with adding the starters of the 3rd Generation. I also like how you kept the basic formula of FR/LG. Good luck!

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Those updates look great Frostbite! I love the attention to detail you've put in. I'm not so keen about the starters, I would've liked to see starters that haven't been used in other games. I've played with those starters so much. :S

The new textbox looks beautiful as well. I look forward to playing Beta 1. :D

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
It's been a while but I'm still working on the hack. Recently I've been editing lots of Trainers with ease with the new Advance Trainer tool (thanks Hackmew!). I've been playing through the hack a little to see how everything is going and everything seems to be going fine, no major glitches so far.

Now, I've been working on some other things in the hack as well. I've successfully made another gym.. this time with custom tiles all made by me which brings me to the next update!

f1.png
jay1-1.png
urcb.png

Scarlet Town Gym

The second gym in the game which specializes in Fire types. Navigate your way through this 2 floor gym battling Trainers along your way to the Leader! Simple concept, no catches here! However, the leader is remarkably tough so be prepared.

Last edited:

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
Very nice inside tiles you made. The updates are great. I hope to see more. Good luck.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Wow, Frostbite those tiles are really awesome. It's good to see you're still working on it, as I would hate to see it die. Keep the updates rolling, Luck~

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
Hey everyone!

I've been working on the hack a lot recently (and between the time since I last updated) and everything has been going out great. Most of the events are completed for Beta 1 however there still has to be a few scripts that I need to make. The next set of screens will be the last I'll show until Beta 1 is released. It dosen't show much other than mapping but events are there! I don't want to spoil much to you guys right now. Azure City is completely remapped and so are some other routes. I'm hoping to have Beta 1 released around this month maybe.

Spoiler:

Years
Hey everyone!

I've been working on the hack a lot recently (and between the time since I last updated) and everything has been going out great. Most of the events are completed for Beta 1 however there still has to be a few scripts that I need to make. The next set of screens will be the last I'll show until Beta 1 is released. It dosen't show much other than mapping but events are there! I don't want to spoil much to you guys right now. Azure City is completely remapped and so are some other routes. I'm hoping to have Beta 1 released around this month maybe.

Spoiler:
Cool updates!!
Well i can't wait too play the beta, cause this hack look's like a nintendo game so much!
Good luck!

Buizel 9 ~

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
It's good to hear you're working on this again. I've always admired the graphical features in this hack. Hopefully we'll be able to play the beta by the end of the month but don't rush it just to make the deadline.
Keep up the good work! :cer_smile:

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2014
Finally an update on Azure Horizons. Mapping its pretty well done. I like how you used tiles from older generations like Emerald and Ruby. Sorry if this was already asked but do you plan on making a new Hero/Heroine for AH(Azure Horizons) ? Good Luck!

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
It's good to hear you're working on this again. I've always admired the graphical features in this hack. Hopefully we'll be able to play the beta by the end of the month but don't rush it just to make the deadline.
Keep up the good work! :cer_smile:
Thanks!

Sorry if this was already asked but do you plan on making a new Hero/Heroine for AH(Azure Horizons) ? Good Luck!
Yeah eventually there will be a new hero and heroine.
They'll be implemented eventually.

Back