• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
About flaunting of sexuality, I agree that is is annoying somewhat when people of any sexuality go out and act like they have to broadcast it to the world. Sexuality really shouldn't be that big of a deal so it isn't worth broadcasting. :\ On the other hand, I know from experience that when I came out on PC, I felt free enough to talk about it that I found myself essentially popping it into conversations I was having. Eventually, the novelty wore off and I got over myself. xD So when I see people in real life do that, I typically give them the benefit of the doubt.

And in regards to that picture, Scarf, it IS amazing. xD Too bad most people don't realize that, or will argue against it still. ;__;

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
People Who Make the Huge Leap That If We Legalize Gay Marriage It Will Open the Doors to all Sorts of Ridiculous Things Life Marrying Your Toaster, Children, The Dead or your Dog
Lol leaps like this one are only too common in arguing against LGBT rights. :/ It's really a completely different concept. So one person can't marry another certain person? We'll grant him that right--done. We don't need to grant him the right to marry a dead unicorn at the same time. It's just too far out there to be valid.
I also see the classic argument against trans people transitioning: what would you say if someone thought he was a Psyduck stuck in a man's body?

Years
I also see the classic argument against trans people transitioning: what would you say if someone thought he was a Psyduck stuck in a man's body?
You know, I'm a tiny bit ashamed to admit this, but I don't have a very well-worded response to people who say stuff like that. Thankfully it almost never comes up, but when it does I usually get all tongue-tied and by the time I can get to my point the other person has stopped listening (if they were ever listening in the first place).

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
You know, I'm a tiny bit ashamed to admit this, but I don't have a very well-worded response to people who say stuff like that. Thankfully it almost never comes up, but when it does I usually get all tongue-tied and by the time I can get to my point the other person has stopped listening (if they were ever listening in the first place).
Actually, I have the same problem. :/ I can't think of any particular reason.
Still, I think the two things are so different that it's the responsibility of the other person to explain why it makes sense to make the comparison, rather than my responsibility to explain how they're different.

Shiny

monster tamer streamer
Years
Not to be offensive, but if the person legitimately thought they were a psyduck, wouldn't they be in need of therapy?

Years
Actually, I have the same problem. :/ I can't think of any particular reason.
Still, I think the two things are so different that it's the responsibility of the other person to explain why it makes sense to make the comparison, rather than my responsibility to explain how they're different.
It probably is, but I can see everything going downhill from there so I want to have a backup, you know?

Me: "Explain how those two things even remotely related."
Them: "You're trying to change nature, your god-given blah blah etc. etc."
Me: "But it's not the same! A video game duck is not a person."
Them: *same argument; not getting it*

Maybe it's too much to expect people to understand that you're a person with a brain, that you understand your own body and feelings and that you can be responsible for your own decisions, that you still want people to treat you like the human being you are.

Not to be offensive, but if the person legitimately thought they were a psyduck, wouldn't they be in need of therapy?
Probably, yeah. That's why it's really frustrating and insulting if someone makes the comparison between someone who's transgender with someone who has a mental issue.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Okay so I decided to make a thread about this topic on a (transgender oriented) forum.

I think I have a good argument. We were created with the materials to be either gender/sex and never had any conception of which one we would be until later on in the womb. On the other hand, we're not going to by coincidence happen to turn into an aardvark before being born. Not how it works--not related species.
You could almost break this argument down with the fact that chromosomes are in our genes, but then you'd be forgetting intersex people who have XY chromosomes yet noticeably female sexual characteristics, et al.
Also, the shapes of brains of transgender people are overwhelmingly closer to their "target genders" as opposed to their "biological sex", i.e. a "born male" trans woman has a corpus callosum about the same size of the average female rather than the average male. However I'm pretty sure I've never heard of anyone with a brain the size of an earthworm brain.

Okay admittedly this is something I accidentally found out while researching for psychology homework yesterday.

Years
Okay so I decided to make a thread about this topic on a (transgender oriented) forum.

I think I have a good argument. We were created with the materials to be either gender/sex and never had any conception of which one we would be until later on in the womb. On the other hand, we're not going to by coincidence happen to turn into an aardvark before being born. Not how it works--not related species.
You could almost break this argument down with the fact that chromosomes are in our genes, but then you'd be forgetting intersex people who have XY chromosomes yet noticeably female sexual characteristics, et al.
Also, the shapes of brains of transgender people are overwhelmingly closer to their "target genders" as opposed to their "biological sex", i.e. a "born male" trans woman has a corpus callosum about the same size of the average female rather than the average male. However I'm pretty sure I've never heard of anyone with a brain the size of an earthworm brain.

Okay admittedly this is something I accidentally found out while researching for psychology homework yesterday.
This is good. I think I'm going to use this if I ever need to (which I probably will). It should be pretty helpful to get someone to start explaining themselves better if I tell them it's a natural part of our biology. Some people really love to talk about how this thing and that thing are part of nature so if I can show them something else that's part of nature they'll have to accept it lol.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Welcome welcome!! :D I love me some new members!
Is there anything you care to tell us about yourself or anything you want to talk about? We're in a bit of a slump lately if you haven't noticed. n3n;

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
I'm trans I date anyone. I really don't care about gender but more about if we share the same interests. I also plan to do an abridged series but want to take my time with scripts so there good and not bad like a lot of the ones stealing from LK or TFS. I'm also into Never Shout Never kind of music. :) Should be a fun group.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Hello Ashley, and welcome to the club! =D

Oh, what are you doing an abridged series of? Pokémon, I presume?

Kayges

Ebb & Flow
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 22, 2016
Hello everyone.

I'm quite new to the community. Trying to feel my way around the forums here, but I'd definitely like to be a part of this group, if you would have me.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
AAAAAAAAAA. I get distracted for one day and that's the day everybody decides to be active and give me a ton of stuff to read D:. I hate love you guys XD.

Okay first up, welcome AshleyKetchum! Your name has been added to the list :D

Now, on the subject of flaunting: for me, it depends on how you flaunt your sexuality. For the people like Sydian mentioned, that is annoying as Hell. You do not need to mention it in every sentence you speak. For me, that sets across the message that being gay is the most important thing about who you are, which is really what we're trying to avoid as a community. I've been guilty of this myself however, to an extent. It was more out of constantly being put in the position where I had an opportunity to make a joke at the expense of me being gay than the need to constantly bring it up - if there's one thing I find it very hard to do, it's pass up the opportunity to make a joke lol. And it wasn't until someone (another gay guy actually) brought it up that I realised just how often I was doing it... so yeah then I stopped lol.

As for PDA, gay or straight, I honestly don't care. If you want to have a makeout session and back yourself up against a doorknob it's no skin off my back. It doesn't make me uncomfortable in the slightest lol. Pretty much as long as genitals don't become visible, I'm good.

EDIT: I always do this! I get distracted and take half an hour to write a post and I get ninja'd in the meantime. So WELCOME TO KAYGES ALSO :D we would love to have you! I shall add your name into the list now!

Last edited:

Kayges

Ebb & Flow
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 22, 2016
Hey, thanks for the amusing welcome Raichu, haha. One day here and I'm already a ninja. I can relate, though, because I tend to think too much about how I'm going to type something out plus the distractions. I'm an easy target for ninjas.

Either way, I'm not up to pace with what the conversation is about, if there is one anymore, but I'm sure I'll have an opinion on whatever comes up. It feels good to have my name on part of an official list, though. =)

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Shining Raichu said:
if there's one thing I find it very hard to do, it's pass up the opportunity to make a joke lol.
That is sooo like me, xD. Though I don't make them about my sexuality/identity because I'm still in the dark about that, I still do it about pretty much everything else.

Also, welcome to the club, and to the community, Kayges! I hope you enjoy your stay here! :D

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
I'd like to throw in my welcomes to our new members as well; Kayges and AshleyKetchum, welcome to the club! :3 I hope you enjoy yourselves here!

That is sooo like me, xD. Though I don't make them about my sexuality/identity because I'm still in the dark about that, I still do it about pretty much everything else.

Now, on the subject of flaunting: for me, it depends on how you flaunt your sexuality. For the people like Sydian mentioned, that is annoying as Hell. You do not need to mention it in every sentence you speak. For me, that sets across the message that being gay is the most important thing about who you are, which is really what we're trying to avoid as a community. I've been guilty of this myself however, to an extent. It was more out of constantly being put in the position where I had an opportunity to make a joke at the expense of me being gay than the need to constantly bring it up - if there's one thing I find it very hard to do, it's pass up the opportunity to make a joke lol. And it wasn't until someone (another gay guy actually) brought it up that I realized just how often I was doing it... so yeah then I stopped lol.

I do that as well, just minus sexuality. xD And when I do come out, I might end up doing it with that as well, but I don't think I'll have many opportunities to do that. xD

Back