• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Nameless FireRed Project [Alpha 1.02 Released]

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 1, 2018
Oh alright yay. And no I don't care about hidden abilities and all that fancy stuff. I was just wondering about the pokemon themselves so yay thank you for answering

Years
Could you be able to tell me how to get into a swarm? I'm at an early point in the game at Mt.Moon,I've already beaten the super nerd who notifys me about swarms but now what do I do?I don't have a team member that has the Lightning rod ability and I don't know how the phone system works wether it's time based wether it's pedometer based,I'm not sure.Somebody please let me know because I really want to encounter some swarms in Mt. Moon before I leave the place

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Could you be able to tell me how to get into a swarm? I'm at an early point in the game at Mt.Moon,I've already beaten the super nerd who notifys me about swarms but now what do I do?I don't have a team member that has the Lightning rod ability and I don't know how the phone system works wether it's time based wether it's pedometer based,I'm not sure.Somebody please let me know because I really want to encounter some swarms in Mt. Moon before I leave the place

It's pedometer based. Walking around will eventually cause a phone call to happen. It'll just be a text box that says something like: 'So-and-so is calling you'.

Since you're just at Mt.Moon, you can get the following swarms:
-Nincada on Route 2 once you talk to Scientist Arvin (I think this may be post Diglett's Cave, I don't remember)
-Kricketot in Viridian Forest after talking to/battling Bug Catcher Anthony
-Phanpy on Route 3 after talking to/battling Youngster Donovan
-Gulpin on Route 3 after talking to/battling Lass Robin
you can also get
-Elgyem in Mt.Moon after talking to/battling Super Nerd Jovan
-Cubchoo in Mt.Moon after talking to/battling Lass Iris

These are just random trainers on/around the routes/locations. You'll encounter them if you just battle most of the trainers anyway but some are actually just random npcs, like Scientist Arvin.

Years
I managed to get the phone system working and got a call from the youngster on route 3...... And then nothing else happened for the rest of the day.I know it's pedometer based but I could go from Mt. Moon to Viridian forest and still not have the phone go off, while other pedometer based events like hidden grottos still work just fine.please tell me if I'm doing something wrong because It's taking WAY to long to get a phone call.I also still don't have a team member who has the lighting rod ability to increase the odds of encountering a swarm so please let me know if there's a certain amount of steps needed to take or something,anything,that can help me out.Thank you.

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen yesterday
Anyone want to know where to find a good special Poison-type TM? I'm using a Roserade and I don't want to be stuck with Poison Sting for most of the game.

I think the only one is sludge bomb but that's not available until the Sevii Islands.

ShyRayq

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I managed to get the phone system working and got a call from the youngster on route 3...... And then nothing else happened for the rest of the day.I know it's pedometer based but I could go from Mt. Moon to Viridian forest and still not have the phone go off, while other pedometer based events like hidden grottos still work just fine.please tell me if I'm doing something wrong because It's taking WAY to long to get a phone call.I also still don't have a team member who has the lighting rod ability to increase the odds of encountering a swarm so please let me know if there's a certain amount of steps needed to take or something,anything,that can help me out.Thank you.

Swarms are daily. You can change the swarm by refusing a phone call; just don't pick it up. And yeah, phone calls are rare. Even with lightningrod, sometimes it would take about a minute on speed up to get a call, with me just biking back and forth.
As for pokemon, unfortunately the earliest you can get a pokemon with lightningrod is Rock Tunnel: Rhyhorn.

Years
Swarms are daily. You can change the swarm by refusing a phone call; just don't pick it up. And yeah, phone calls are rare. Even with lightningrod, sometimes it would take about a minute on speed up to get a call, with me just biking back and forth.
As for pokemon, unfortunately the earliest you can get a pokemon with lightningrod is Rock Tunnel: Rhyhorn.

Thanks man,I was actually able to get 2 phone calls on the same day.And Yeah.....I think that the creator needs to update the game to include lightning rod Pokemon early game or he could make it to where you can have any electric type in general up front to speed up the process.But you were still very helpful in explaining these mechanics and I thank you for that.

Years
I'm trying to get the call from super nerd Jovan to encounter Elgyem but all I'm getting are calls from Youngster Donovan and Lass Iris.None of the other 3 early game swarm callers seem to be calling me and I'm positive that I battled them and got their numbers.I mean I've got it down to a science: I've got the numbers of 5 swam callers and that means that there's a 1/5 chance or a 20% chance of getting each call.which means that there's a 20% chance of getting the call that I want.So can someone please let me know If the 2 calls I'm getting is common or it might be a glitch.Because if my theory is correct,then having only super nerd Jovan's phone number will potentially guarantee the chances of getting the associated swarm.But,that would mean restarting my game and loosing all of my progress.So can somebody let me know if they have an answer to my dilemma,otherwise I'll try out my theory.Thank you.

Last edited:

ShyRayq

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I'm trying to get the call from super nerd Jovan to encounter Elgyem but all I'm getting are calls from Youngster Donovan and Lass Iris.None of the other 3 early game swarm callers seem to be calling me and I'm positive that I battled them and got their numbers.I mean I've got it down to a science: I've got the numbers of 5 swam callers and that means that there's a 1/5 chance or a 20% chance of getting each call.which means that there's a 20% chance of getting the call that I want.So can someone please let me know If the 2 calls I'm getting is common or it might be a glitch.Because if my theory is correct,then having only super nerd Jovan's phone number will potentially guarantee the chances of getting the associated swarm.But,that would mean restarting my game and loosing all of my progress.So can somebody let me know if they have an answer to my dilemma,otherwise I'll try out my theory.Thank you.

So I took a look at my game and I figured out why you're not getting the call: Elgyem is post-game only; it's not in the regional dex. Jovan will only produce an Elgyem once you've got the national dex.

Years
So I took a look at my game and I figured out why you're not getting the call: Elgyem is post-game only; it's not in the regional dex. Jovan will only produce an Elgyem once you've got the national dex.

Thanks man, now I can continue on without restarting.The bad news though is that I hate it when rom hacks or just the games in general have a certain Pokemon that's only available near the end of the game or in this case after the game.I know that Elgyem and its evolution are pretty forgettable and may not be the best for beating the game,but I've played this rom hack before and I was just trying new team members. Don't worry about me,I'll try to find a different Psycic type in my play through(If I can even beat this game because it's so HARD!).

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 4, 2021
Does this hack have all 721 pokemon or are there some missing ones? And what is the difference between Nameless FireRed Project.ups and Nameless FireRed Project Aug 3 2016.ups?

Also what do you mean by "You are not required to grind to beat the game"? Does that mean the game is super easy or something?

Last edited:

ShyRayq

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Does this hack have all 721 pokemon or are there some missing ones? And what is the difference between Nameless FireRed Project.ups and Nameless FireRed Project Aug 3 2016.ups?

Also what do you mean by "You are not required to grind to beat the game"? Does that mean the game is super easy or something?

- This hack contains all 721 pokemon.
- The Aug3 patch is newer, so use that one.
- The game has a natural level curve, so you won't be that underlevelled at all throughout the game.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 4, 2021
- This hack contains all 721 pokemon.
- The Aug3 patch is newer, so use that one.
- The game has a natural level curve, so you won't be that underlevelled at all throughout the game.

why would you put both old and new patch at the same file?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 23, 2018
The game starts up for me but crashes right before Prof. Oak is supposed to show up anyone have the same problem? I tried different rom downloads, patched a clean version my self and also tried on Open EMU and mGBA emulators.

Really want to play this hack but can't seem to just get it working. BTW I am on a Mac.

ShyRayq

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
The game starts up for me but crashes right before Prof. Oak is supposed to show up anyone have the same problem? I tried different rom downloads, patched a clean version my self and also tried on Open EMU and mGBA emulators.

Really want to play this hack but can't seem to just get it working. BTW I am on a Mac.

I'm not familiar with macs. Maybe it is the emulator? The patch does change the rom significantly.

are you sure that the aug 3 one is newer?

Looking at the file dates, it looks like the one without the date is newer.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 23, 2018
I'm not familiar with macs. Maybe it is the emulator? The patch does change the rom significantly.

I think it is the emulator it works on VBA-(m) emulator but it gives me a (file '', line 7: '=' expected). error at start up for some reason and the game runs a bit choppy the second time I started it and now its kind of stayed like that, where if I restart it still runs choppy, and also giving me the error.

Last edited:
Back