• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga It's not like I want you to post in me or anything, b-baka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
So I was wrong about netflix a while back, they actually have started simulcasting anime, Guess they realised that anime fans aren't going to wait around for 3 months when Jap TV rips and fansubs are available.

Years
I doubt it'll be long. They've dubiously taken notice of how the seasonal anime crowd work here. ie nobody caring about 95% of shows after they've finished airing. That's the same in the US.

Dropping an entire series at once will only work if it isn't available elsewhere beforehand. They've surely learned this with their recent Devilman series. Especially if they're holding on to a series that people want to see, it's KyoAni's Violet Evergarden this season btw.

Years
No, I actually haven't. At least not recently. With manga it's a bit easier to get an approximation simply by mutliplying the volumes I have by $10 since that's probably the average cost of one for me, and I have done that before. I have 716 of those, so that's like $7100 over the 9 years I've been collecting.

I can do things like tell you how much I've spent on anime conventions since October of 2016, though, because it's in my budget tracker as its own category: $8,107.89.

However, this figure accounts for me being the one handling the travel costs up front and having my friends just pay me back after to keep our cost splits simple (ie - we only have to pay back one person), as well as my own food expenses. And that's across 6 anime conventions - 3 local, 3 out of state.

The figure does, however, also include everything I've bought at these conventions, and that's where I've picked up a good percentage of the merch I've bought over the years.

Most of the rest of my non-convention spending is lumped in with my general recreational money because I couldn't be bothered to categorize it.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I've been watching an anime probably no one here has ever heard of called Capeta. It's a racing anime, but it's not as good as Initial D....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back