• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm not posting enough.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Not surprised that judgment has already visited this thread.

I don't feel obligated to post more, but often I want to post more than I do. I guess it's kind of an idle want because if I wanted it enough then I would do it, yeah?

Years
As a member, I couldn't care less about how often I posted. I was a member, I had no obligations. Hell yeah! d("d)

As a mod, my activity hasn't been where I want it to be for the past few months. It's been weird for me irl. Right now I'm still out of town. At least I'm still checking in daily.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I'm pretty damn fickle when it comes to posting. Some days, I'll go on a posting marathon and post in about 25 threads within 10 minutes. Other times, I'm dead and don't even sign onto PC.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I'm new here and this is my 67th post in like 28 hours. I just want to get out to an active start, I think. New forum smell, etc. I'll probably waver eventually but I don't see myself as "never posting enough" unless this forum is starting to die. The way to keep a forum active is to continue discussion, after all, and I'm here to be active! :)

Though that doesn't mean posting as obsessively as I have been, because I just have this excitement that I finally have a new, active place to post!

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
All the time. I just registered a few minutes ago, and I have, like, less than 10 posts. I'm not posting enough.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I try and average about 5-10 posts a day, but that's not a quota or a hard-and-fast rule or anything. If there aren't as many threads that take my fancy on one particular day, or if real life is just busy, then I'll post less; conversely, if I have lots more free time or there are lots of threads that I'm interested in, I'll post more. But because of this natural fluctuation, I don't feel guilty when I don't post much for a particular period in time, as I know that'll probably bounce back up eventually. Like nature, I guess!

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
i post when i want when i found something interests me..or when i'm bored..or when my computer isn't acting up or when i'm in the mood...other than that! Nope

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I'm not posting like mad like I was when I first got here. I guess the new forum smell is wearing off... and now I feel like I'm not posting enough. I know it's just a number, but... I feel like there are many more discussions to be had.

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
I'll be honest: I don't post as much as I'd like(considering that I'm a terribly distracted person), but I'm a lot better at posting this time around than when I was in my old account. I'm at least satisfied with that. XD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Back when I was staff, I tried making an effort in boosting my activity in other sections, but I still stayed at my own section. xD It didn't feel *too* obligatory. If a thread has zero replies it pretty much says "HAY MEGAN POST HERE YEAH?"

Now being a roaming member myself, I don't feel too obligated. All I do is post here, post there, and later gator! Not to worry, I went two weeks without posting here so that proves that I don't worry about posting things. :P

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
I feel like I clearly am not posting enough and I blame Youtube videos for that.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I try to post 3-4 posts in B/W on one day after having a few days of not posting, because due to the fact that they're older games it's logical it's less active and less posts should be expected than during the active period where I posted every single day with multiple posts! But yeah if I don't do this then I definitely feel like I'm not posting enough. Also I like my recent posts in general to be 25 in the last two days, it's unfortunate when it reaches three.

On a member level I feel bad when I'm not active in BC so I try to post there as often as I can.

Everywhere else idc about they could be deleted and I would not change my posting. :(

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Totally not posting as much as I like... busy with work, but sometimes it's a matter of the topics. It's either extremely short that I don't feel like posting (cause topics immediately move on once you post) and you don't really interact with other members much... and on the other hand, sometimes a topic is so deep that I really need to sit down in order to make something thoughtful, yet I don't have time for some 20 min posts lol...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I'm not posting as much as I'd like, or as much as I used to. It's mostly due to the fact that I've all but stopped posting in the Pokemon related sections as they don't really interest me anymore. So I have a much smaller pool of sections and topics to choose from than I had in the past.

Also, my mind has been on other matters and my internet has been crapping out on me more often lately.

Years
Even though I have been a member for 19 months and my list of sections I visit is now more diverse, I still feel like I'm not posting a lot.

Most of my time is spent in the trivia boards so blame that. YouTube videos and VM conversations as well.

Sometimes the reason I find myself posting less in a day is cos I'm not seeing a lot of activity so therefore little places to post in.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I would like to post more, but I don't go to a specific board so I just see if there's anything good in New Posts, usually.

Post count doesn't really matter to me, activity does though.

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2021
I would like to post more, sure. I am frequently on the computer and almost always have a tab of PC open to either OT, OCD, or OVP, but... I don't post. When I try, I usually wind up scrapping it and saying screw it and just don't do it. Reason why I don't? Not too sure. Lack of confidence perhaps? Maybe lack of interest? Idk. However, reason for wanting to do it more is because I like the socialization :U

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I feel like I could post more, but I have a hard time trying to contribute to discussions. I try to browse through different forums that I feel I'm able to post in - same goes for any thread in whatever forum I go to. I see interesting topics that I'd like to add to, but I never know what to say. So I just kind of...sit there, not posting anything; and this happens all the time, so I end up logging off the forum completely. I've been trying to become more active here, but it's becoming difficult since I have trouble posting in threads.

So, in short, yes. I do feel like I'm not posting enough.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Nah. I'm only active in one part of the forum and there I can't really make tons of posts even if I wanted to because I'm not allowed to post in just any thread and have to wait for others to post in between xD

When I was newer here, post count meant EVERYTHING. Now I think I'm at, uh, 6000 something. 6699 some days ago, if I remember correctly. Sometimes I get bored and venture out into other parts of PC, like now :p but I don't feel obliged to post unless I find something interesting.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
It seems like I've been on a posting frenzy during my first few hours of being a member. I cared about my post count quite a lot. Well, what do you expect from a new member? :P I was really excited about joining this community which has lots of friendly and welcoming members that I can freely talk about Pokemon with. <3 I've never before been able to freely discuss Pokemon-related topics with my friends or family without getting judged, so this was pretty huge for me.

I do feel the need to post something everyday. If I find something that interests me, I post. If it doesn't interest me, I don't post. Simple as that. I just want to keep reasonably active. I do have my life as a student out there.

Back