• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

XSE Scripting Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2010
Something is wrong. I can edit scripts that are already in the game but I can't add my own. It compiles successfuly but doesn't open the right script in advance map.

Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2022
I need help =/

I followed the tutorial and then I clicked Compile and this message appeared, "Too less parameters on line 6. The correct number is 2."

What does that mean, please help!

Bao

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2011
okay i must be doing something wrong here.

so i'll edit one script like say a signpost and compile it. than i'll go and edit a different signpost and compile it. BUT, if i go back to recheck on the first script i edit, it changes by itself. it becomes a mixture of both scripts that i've edit...

what am i doing wrong??

HentaiHentai

Banned
Years
okay i must be doing something wrong here.

so i'll edit one script like say a signpost and compile it. than i'll go and edit a different signpost and compile it. BUT, if i go back to recheck on the first script i edit, it changes by itself. it becomes a mixture of both scripts that i've edit...

what am i doing wrong??

Use a Free Space Finder.
Compile script to a free space.
and it will work.

I am assuming your editing signs that are already in game.
Dont.
Make a new one and get the offset from FSF.
Then compile. Thats how. Try it.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
@AL_91
Seriously, did you read the thread, or just post, type in the offset XSE gave you into the "Script offset" field (by default it will have $000000 in it) type it like this, say the offset was 800000, then it would say $800000.

Ok thanks I must of skimed over that part (Sometimes I read too quickly and miss some parts of the tutorial)

Bao

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2011
Use a Free Space Finder.
Compile script to a free space.
and it will work.

I am assuming your editing signs that are already in game.
Dont.
Make a new one and get the offset from FSF.
Then compile. Thats how. Try it.
hey thanks for the help! i will try it out and see if it'll work =]

Years
Too many posts!

Ok so i want to start scripting and the tut at beggining seems helpful, but can someone lock any important posts to the top, because theres a lot here to read and i dont want to miss anything too good! xD

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Jul 24, 2010
I need help =/

I followed the tutorial and then I clicked Compile and this message appeared, "Too less parameters on line 6. The correct number is 2."

What does that mean, please help!
Can't help unless you post your script.

xyzmetal

The Metal Generation
Years
I followed the tutorial and my script is:

#Dynamic 0x800000

#ORG @Main
Lock
FacePlayer
Message @Speak
BoxSet 0x6
Release
End
#ORG @Speak
= This is a message!

A message keeps popping up saying "Too less parameters online 6. The correct number is 2." What does that mean?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I followed the tutorial and my script is:

#Dynamic 0x800000

#ORG @Main
Lock
FacePlayer
Message @Speak
BoxSet 0x6
Release
End
#ORG @Speak
= This is a message!

A message keeps popping up saying "Too less parameters online 6. The correct number is 2." What does that mean?
Fixed
#Dynamic 0x800000

#ORG @Main
Lock
FacePlayer
Msgbox @Speak 0x6
Release
End

#ORG @Speak
= This is a message!
It is now Msgboc instead of message then boxset.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
It is now Msgboc instead of message then boxset.

Actually, it is
msgbox
OR
Both work fine, the new part about it is the last byte.
That is boxset.

Instead of;
message @lol
boxset 0x6

now you have to type;
message @lol 0x6

You see, not much of a difference.
Just clarifying that both msgbox and message work... of course, the initial question would not have been asked if people were smart enough to read the guide that is INCLUDED WITH XSE, it tells you all of the changes since the update!

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2009
You have absolutely no idea how long i have been looking for a good XSE scripting tutorial! THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!

xyzmetal

The Metal Generation
Years
So I tried it and nwo it says Error 13 "Type Dismatch" on line 6. Missing dynamic label.
My script is

#Dynamic 0x800000

#ORG @Main
Lock
FacePlayer
message @lol 0x6
Release
End

#ORG @Speak
= This is a message!

And on line 6 I have = message @lol 0x6. Any help for that? P.S. The guide doesnt tell you how to deal with error codes.

kaka1918

sorry im bad in english
Years
yes is very good tutoriel I can take it to make it in my site with a French translation (with credit )

falls

Years
not sure wat I am doing wrong. when i put it on a script event not a person event, i just walk right over it...

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2009
I am trying to make a person give you money, but once i compile the script, then i exit out and go back to it, the script is blank. I think there might be a problem with my script, can someone help me?

'---------------
#org 0x000000
lock
faceplayer
msgbox 0x000000 MSG_NORMAL '"Here have some money."
givemoney 00002710 MSG_OBTAIN
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x000000
= Here have some money.

also how do i tell how much money the person is giving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back