• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Happy New Year!

You know what this means? It's time for the 2013 Yearly Quest!

As we all know, the world ended on December 21st, 2012, causing a zombie apocalypse. Millions of people must survive to beat the zombies, generations must band together...that's right, you need to bond with many generations of shinies! :pink_laugh:

Objectives:

1) Obtain a 1st gen shiny
2) Obtain a 2nd gen shiny
3) Obtain a 3rd gen shiny
4) Obtain a 4th gen shiny
5) Obtain a 5th gen shiny
6) Complete any two Monthly Quests throughout the 2013 year

These can be done in any order. The shinies must be obtained by yourself, and no chaining or hacking is allowed. Have fun!

The standard weighting is in place: it's fine if you use the shiny charm for your 5th gen shiny, but you'll have to get 3 of them! :)

The January Monthly Quest!!

It's time for the New Year! As we welcome the baby New Year for 2013, may we welcome him with baby shiny Pokemon!

Capture any 2 shiny baby Pokemon! This includes Magby, Elekid, Bonsly, etc., as well as Togepi!

The contest lasts until midnight EST on February 1st, 2013.

Good luck and have fun!

A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO CHR. DRACO AND ARCEUS WHISPER FOR COMPLETING THE FIRST ANNUAL SHC YEARLY QUEST!

--------------------------------------

I haven't posted in nearly a month, so I'm just going to give a general congrats to everyone who got shinies and welcome all the new members to the club! May 2013 yield many more shinies! :)

I tried to take a picture, but it turned out really blurry.

Good thing we don't have anyone who posts blurry pictures in this club...that would just be terrible! :pink_laugh: (Although it's been so long since I've gotten a shiny, most people probably won't get the joke, "lol!")

Keep hunting and may the shiny Poochyena be a blessing of good things to come!

Guys listen the way i get alot of shinys fast is very simple .. i already got shinys in other games i own so i trade them to only 1 game pokemon emerald oh and btw i did RNG them and i used a method it is : get 2 shinys 1 male 1 female different species and different id number but same OT and 1 Japanese [female] and other from USA or EUR [male] and make them breed on a crystal japanese version thats all :P oh and you must have in your team a pokemon above level 50 with flamebody and a shiny pokemon [female] in the party and put it next to that egg and thats all :P and wala! you get the pokemon you want and it will be shiny with a 80% chance and if you RNGed them you have a 90% chance of getting shiny

i am dieing to get a heracross i will start hunting it NOW btw i meant i am hunting it since the morning

Um...I don't think that's totally right. Emerald's RNG definitely is broken, but the way you described... You say that you need Crystal Version for your method, but a lot of the shinies in your sig are 3rd gen, so you couldn't have gotten them all that way! Crystal isn't compatible with advanced gen games, the level of the Pokemon doesn't matter, the location of the egg in your party doesn't matter, I've never heard the 80%-90% thing... Could you please be a little bit more clear about what you're doing? If you're RNGing for shinies, that's fine, but please don't lie to us! We know you can't get shinies from Emerald onto Crystal. ;)

Last edited:

~CreamyChoco~

Happy new year to everyone
Years
Hello may i join your club?
I am new to this Forum and i really want to join some clubs oh and i only have Pokemon Silver and Pokemon Emerald that my cousin gave me for Christmas

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Happy New Year! May 2013 bring lots of shinies to us all!

Welcome to the club, ~CreamyChoco~!

I'm still stuck on Marvelous Bridge. I've been trying to catch a Cresselia with a Bold nature. I keep on getting Rash and Lonely natures. It's taken a month.

Years
@Eevee: A Shiny card? Do you mean that box with the shinies in your signature?

Yeah, sorry for the late reply lol, but that is what I meant! ^^

See, from Gen III onward, Pokemon shininess is determined by your Trainer ID, a hidden ID, and the nature of the Pokemon. The Pokemon isn't set as "your" Pokemon until after you watch the hatching animation. So it could show as shiny during the animation, but afterward it becomes a normal one, once you're its trainer.

Now I need to get my national dex for that Eevee.

Oh, no, I'm not sure where you heard that information but it's actually set as "your" pokemon once you receive your egg. That's the reason why you can't take the steps until just before the egg hatches, hatch it and SR if not shiny! Either way, hope you get luck with whatever you hunt! ;D

Welcome to all the new members too, and may 2013 bring many shinies for us all!
Personally I'm gonna take a break from SRing and level up my shiny Snivy while I hatch some masuda eggs. Guess it'll be a secret target since I have no clue what I'll be hatching yet, and I'll throw away this hunt if it doesn't get anything soon so I can go back to SRing xD

EDIT: Trained it up to a Serperior (finally), got 40 eggs done but nothing, so I'll just go back to SRing my other hunts. Good luck everyone! ^^

Last edited:

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
Happy New Year everyone! Here's hoping we can find some shiny Pokemon this year. I swear I'm going to find a shiny in Viridian Forest this year if it kills me. XD I'm anxious to catch a shiny so I can show off the cool Game Boy Advance I use for shiny hunting. ; )

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Well, it's a wrap for me.

I recently sold all my Pokemon games. Every last one. My interest has truly been declining in Pokemon since I was a junior in high school. Now that I'm in a college, I just have more important things to focus on.

It's been real, guys and gals. I doubt I'll be coming on here or other Pokemon sites in the future.

Peace.

*hangs up shiny hunting cape*

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Marill, ~CreamyChoco~!

Good luck with college and beyond, It's Just Fufu! It was nice knowing you. I know what it's like losing interest. I lost interest for a couple of years before news of gen 5 broke.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Congrats on all the new shinies and welcome to the new members! OH and Happy New Year everyone! It's finally 2013 yay :]

Take care, Fufu! Even though I didn't know you very well, it's still sad to see you go. But y'know, you gotta do what you gotta do!

Alright guys, so I actually sped through Diamond like I said I would so I'm now SRing for shiny Dialga. I've only done 2,000 SRs so far so I'm not surprised that it hasn't shown yet. I practiced catching it with normal Dialga, and I can't get over the fact that its high catch rate pretty much guarantees that I will have a shiny Dialga in a pokéball. XD

Bummer that I didn't hatch Bonsly in time for the December Quest, but since it will also be apart of the baby New Year thing for this month, I shall continue hatching them! Woo.

EDIT: Oh my gosh I just realized that my shiny Azurill could've worked for this too lol darn. Oh well.

EDIT2: NO I totally meant to say 'It's finally 2013' not 2012 -___- *fixes* I really should go to bed now, bye guys.

~CreamyChoco~

Happy new year to everyone
Years
i am bored :P i have been trying to get a shiny heracross for 1 day and a half and i am Tired

Guys i went today to a Mall in Egypt and i found on a Shelf a copy of Pokemon Firered WITH 10 Pounds!!! and i had like 100 pound so i bought it and i started to play it and it is original and nice i tried to get some shines but i failed X.X it is hard lol even tho.. i am happy with my shiny marill in emerald i hope i can trade it from Emerald to Firered but i think you need to do a mission on Emerald or something to be able to do so? any way if thats right then tell me what is that mission well anyway i will continue playing Firered for now so i can complete it :P i completed Pokemon Gold and Pokemon Emerald and now it is the time for Completing Pokemon Firered :) oh and by the way my Cousin had 2 copies of Pokemon Black and when i saw it i was like *oh my god!!!* and he wanted to sell it for 110 pounds and i had 90 pounds only i gave him the 90 pound and i am now saving to get more money for it :P wish me luck on my hunts and on that copy :)

Last edited:

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
Well, it's a wrap for me.

I recently sold all my Pokemon games. Every last one. My interest has truly been declining in Pokemon since I was a junior in high school. Now that I'm in a college, I just have more important things to focus on.

It's been real, guys and gals. I doubt I'll be coming on here or other Pokemon sites in the future.

Peace.

*hangs up shiny hunting cape*

It was good to have you here; take care and good luck with college.

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
I've tried googling this and can't seem to find it. Which trainers in the ruby/sapphire battle tower have shinies? I seem to remember seeing that there are certain trainers in there that always have shinies.

Years
@Fufu - It was nice knowing you! Good luck in everything you do!^^
Alright guys, so I actually sped through Diamond like I said I would so I'm now SRing for shiny Dialga. I've only done 2,000 SRs so far so I'm not surprised that it hasn't shown yet. I practiced catching it with normal Dialga, and I can't get over the fact that its high catch rate pretty much guarantees that I will have a shiny Dialga in a pokéball. XD
I was unaware of this... so I tried it out and caught it in one pokeball at full health. O_O Thanks for that XD

Quick hunts update 'cause why not...
Received my Soulsilver in the post today, so I started hunting starters. Gonna do a soulsilver badge quest along with my Ruby one, so yeah!
Dialga: 1625 SRs
Kyurem: 6860 SRs
Johto starters: 700 Starters seen
Treecko: 17,000 SRs
Yay.. xD

Happy new year everyone! ^_^

Felt like doing some more userbars! Feel free to use them, as always...

donen.gif

Link: http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/446/donen.gif

doneu.gif

Link: http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/826/doneu.gif

waterro.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img839/2060/waterro.png

firegx.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img834/1030/firegx.png

grassf.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img849/7092/grassf.png

test4a.gif

http://imageshack.us/a/img713/1880/test4a.gif

Last edited:

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
i am bored :P i have been trying to get a shiny heracross for 1 day and a half and i am Tired

Guys i went today to a Mall in Egypt and i found on a Shelf a copy of Pokemon Firered WITH 10 Pounds!!! and i had like 100 pound so i bought it and i started to play it and it is original and nice i tried to get some shines but i failed X.X it is hard lol even tho.. i am happy with my shiny marill in emerald i hope i can trade it from Emerald to Firered but i think you need to do a mission on Emerald or something to be able to do so? any way if thats right then tell me what is that mission well anyway i will continue playing Firered for now so i can complete it :P i completed Pokemon Gold and Pokemon Emerald and now it is the time for Completing Pokemon Firered :) oh and by the way my Cousin had 2 copies of Pokemon Black and when i saw it i was like *oh my god!!!* and he wanted to sell it for 110 pounds and i had 90 pounds only i gave him the 90 pound and i am now saving to get more money for it :P wish me luck on my hunts and on that copy :)

Punctuation. Use it. Please.

Back