• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What will you name yourself and why?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah p much there's nothing else to it than what you'll name your character, and why :3 Is it down to tradition, or just wanting a change? Share your plans!

blue

gucci
Years
I'll probably just name mine after their actual name, I've been doing that since HGSS and it just seems to suit them more rather than doing my actual name, same goes for the rival.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

My name shall be Zupplu. Reasons being that there is no valid reasons apart from it being my interwebz name, and it's really distinctive and easy to remember. So yeah that's what I'll be calling myself, per norm.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Usually I'd boil my protagonist names to be something like Dwagie or Aryll... but maybe something new this time; but it might end up me naming my character based on an anime-like game or something anyway~

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Oh geeze, I usually wait until the week before (really the second before I open it) I start thinking of names. It's usually a name I really like and something I just made up so I'll be sticking with traditional in that sense.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
I'll be naming myself Myth. I have used the name on my Black and will us it again.

Also coincidentally, I have a main series OC story in mind and Myth has already left Unova for a new region after the events of BW2 before XY was announced. If you're interested in the OC story, you could message me to know how the story went and go.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I was going to go with Mia & Kalina, but I might be sharing a copy so I'll go with either Letha or Althea.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I'll just name the player... whatever the player's official name will be. 'Cause I always enjoy doing that, I even named the player in Black "Hilbert". So once I know the official name of the player, then I will name my character just that. ;)

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Even though I'll probably play as a girl, (because well, the guy protagonist is lacking for me), I'll call myself Nathan (my real name)...or perhaps Natalie or Natasha paha.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
I'm probably going to play as the female character and name her Ylia (fitting with the Y), the name of my main OC, or Koto... Or my realy name. But I'm not sure about that. We'll see once the official names are released.

For the boy, don't know if I'll play as him... so can't really suggest a name.

Years
I don't even know. lol The hardest decisions... XD

Maybe I'll use the "default" or "canon" names for the characters... lol

I kinda want to avoid making my character have the same name as any NPCs so I try to use an official name of the playable character or some kind of name that pretty much definitely wouldn't be in the American version of the game (like some exotic sounding Japanese name or something). lol

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
I will name myself Hilbert 2 cause the guy looks like Hilbert

Seriously, I'll probably name myself my real name, which is Anthony. It's just a name that Important NPCs will throw around for the most part. Oh and it gives it that "this is you, you're doing this" vibe. :D

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
I think I'm going to do what I've been doing for a few months now and name my character Jonny. Unless they finally get rid of the seven character limit, in that case, I'd use Jonathan. Either that, or if I really like the character's name and it's not Hilbert I shall use their name.

Back