• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Monochrome Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
Pokémon Scarlet and Cyan Versions

Pokémon ScarletGold and CyanSilver Versions is my third attempt at a hack, I'm hoping it will be successful, unlike my other hacks, which were rubbish.

Story:
You start your journey off in the vast Caesare Region, with many Pokémon and new faces, you are summoned to Professor Bruce Willow's lab, in the lab, you have a choice of eighteen starter Pokémon, you must choose only one (don't worry, you will get all of them later), your new friend challenges you to a battle and your journey starts there. A new team has risen, Team Morte, headed by a dreadful man. The man's three secretaries Murphy, Moran and Craven are horrible, they are nasty to humans and Pokémon. The man, keeps his identity a secret.

Your next stop is the small township of Payne Town, nothing much there... or is there something?

New Gym Leaders:

Eugene - Water Type
Justin - Normal Type
Scar - Rock Type
Severus - Ghost Type
Charles - Fighting Type
Sirius - Dark Type
Bob - Flying Type
Lou - Ice Type

(Possible changes will be made to Gym Leaders and types)

New Features:

iPoké:
Made by Leppa Corp, similar to the Pokégear and such devices.

New Music
(Most based on popular songs and tunes, some original)

New Characters:

Bruce Willow

Corrine

New Villainous Team:

Team Morte

New Trainer classes:

Prisoner (M/F)
Warder (M/F)
Governor
News Reporter
Captain
Dark Lord
Morte Grunt
Morte Admin
Morte Boss
1D Member
Protestor
Escapee
Reverend
Carpenter (M/F)
Teacher ♂ (Teachers get a male counterpart!)

Screenshots:

Progress:

Mapping: 20%
Scripts: 0%
Text: 5% (Random jotting down)
Sprites: 0%
Music: 0%

I WILL NEED HELP WITH THE FOLLOWING!

TILESET CREATOR (For some Special Tiles).

MUSIC EDITOR/INSERTER

SCRIPTER (possibly)

TRANSLATOR Yes, this game will have a Spanish patch and many more.

URGENT!: HELP WITH MAPPING and a mapper (I can map, quite well, but, I tend to get lazy)

(PM or VM me if you want to add some input)

MY SCRIPTS ARE MESSING UP! When I type a script for a group of people, they either say "." or the end of a sentence which was meant to be said by another person!

Programs I Need:

A GBA TEXT EDITING PROGRAM, AN O/W SPRITE EDITING PROGRAM, HG/SS AND B/W/B2/W2 TILES (I will need VIRUS FREE links and VIRUS FREE programs and the following tiles)

Downloads:
None yet, when I get people helping with scripts and text editing, then we will talk about downloads.

ALPHA 1: Will end after you defeat Eugene.

Mature References:
These hacks will have focus on Religion, death and prison.

(I know that two other hacks use the names "Scarlet" and "Cyan", but, these are my own interpretations.)

Fun facts:

Wentworth City will be based from Melbourne, Australia, it will contain a few landmarks from Melbourne, including: Flinders Street Station, the Old Melbourne Gaol and possibly the Yarra River!

Summer Bay will be loosely based off of the location from the TV Show "Home and Away", it will contain the Diner, the Caravan Park, and various characters, also a "Home and Away" memoir by a certain character.

There will be pop culture references galore and events to do with pop culture.

The region will have a U.K look, but, will not entirely be the U.K.

I NEED YOUR IDEAS
What can I put opposite the museum on the grassy bit with two trees either side?
http://fav.me/d6xjsix

Credits:

SPRITE EDITOR/INSERTER - Ace_Master_of_Turtles

MUSIC COMPOSER 1 - Classic TV Fan

SECOND MAPPER - Ganeshwar

Inspirations for cities and towns:

Southampton City (possible lack of coloured houses)

Wentworth City (Not entirely based from Melbourne, but will look like Melbourne)

Summer Bay (Would be much smaller)

Material carried over from my previous project:

Cities and Towns:
Spoiler:
Characters:
Spoiler:

Support:

yrZ9s6v.png

U5LLjCp.png

Last edited:

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Nice region name. The story is uhm.. rather unique?
Well, mapping needs a lot of improvement. Mind if you can show
more screenshots and also.. make them bigger?

GreyVirgo

•=ØInfinityØ=•
Years
Looks great but you should show more Screen Shots and make it bigger.... I like the story, the region name and the title "Monochrome"..... But why is 1D member a trainer class? XD

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Sounds like a good idea, but you need to work on the maps a bit better.
Remove any old connections to previous maps, and work on the shades of the trees used from FR/LG.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 21, 2014
Sounds like a good idea, but maybe you should try and change things abit to make it more unique, the whole friend challenges you and a new evil team has risen has been repeated quite a bit.
Good luck anyway

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
Years
Hmmm.. Rather a unique hack {:3}
Some recommendations, though
Spoiler:

And, if you need anything like the tools you indicated above, go here ----> http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66
You can find anything else you need there {:3}

Good luck!

PkmnTrainerElio

Years
Hmmm.. Rather a unique hack {:3}
Some recommendations, though
Spoiler:

And, if you need anything like the tools you indicated above, go here ----> http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66
You can find anything else you need there {:3}

Good luck!

All I need is some HGSS Tiles and a Tile Inserter, also, I will need a text editing program. Also, do any of these programs contain viruses?

Sounds like a good idea, but you need to work on the maps a bit better.
Remove any old connections to previous maps, and work on the shades of the trees used from FR/LG.
I can't seem to work on Route 3, it gives me an error, "Error! (NotAPointer)" and yes, I have made different connections.

Looks great but you should show more Screen Shots and make it bigger.... I like the story, the region name and the title "Monochrome"..... But why is 1D member a trainer class? XD
I like 1D and it has something to do with the game's setting...

Sounds like a good idea, but maybe you should try and change things abit to make it more unique, the whole friend challenges you and a new evil team has risen has been repeated quite a bit.
Good luck anyway
The story is just in early stages, Team Spiritus will be quite nasty, as Craven is based from a horrible man, also Murphy is horrid as well, you have to watch Prisoner: Cell Block H to know what I am talking about.

Last edited:

AmazingCharizard

Pokemon Rocket Strike creator
Years
For scripting I would use PKSV or Advance Text for simple text editing.
I think googling tiles(or looking for them on pc) should be no problem.
I recommend using NSE(at least I think it is a pretty good tool for hacking and OW).

PkmnTrainerElio

Years
For scripting I would use PKSV or Advance Text for simple text editing.
I think googling tiles(or looking for them on pc) should be no problem.
I recommend using NSE(at least I think it is a pretty good tool for hacking and OW).

Can you tell me where to get Advance Text, and can I have ones with NO viruses? I thought I'd leave the scripting up to someone else.

Last edited:

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
oAdvance Text is very limited and all you're able to do is just edit the text. You won't be able to create effective events. It will also be hard keeping track of your scripts. I think you should get PKSV. It's a really simple text editor, especially for beginners as it has script generators and it color codes you're scripting. I started using it primarily for script generators and movements, but now I don't even need it anymore. It helps you become a better scripter. You should try it! Good luck! Just Google it.

PkmnTrainerElio

Years
oAdvance Text is very limited and all you're able to do is just edit the text. You won't be able to create effective events. It will also be hard keeping track of your scripts. I think you should get PKSV. It's a really simple text editor, especially for beginners as it has script generators and it color codes you're scripting. I started using it primarily for script generators and movements, but now I don't even need it anymore. It helps you become a better scripter. You should try it! Good luck! Just Google it.

How do I edit text, like in the Intro and stuff like that?

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
How do I edit text, like in the Intro and stuff like that?
You can through Advance Text, but it's not very effective (no pun intended, haha lol). Chances are that you will need to repoint the text if you plan to write more than the original text. I know the offsets for the introduction. When you get PKSV. You will search for the offset in the game using the script search function. I'll edit this post once I get the dig up the offsets.

PkmnTrainerElio

Years
You can through Advance Text, but it's not very effective (no pun intended, haha lol). Chances are that you will need to repoint the text if you plan to write more than the original text. I know the offsets for the introduction. When you get PKSV. You will search for the offset in the game using the script search function. I'll edit this post once I get the dig up the offsets.

Advance text contains a trojan...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back