• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@The1mm0rt41One: Hmm... I feel like I know very little about your character's history in spite of how much you wrote. I think I'm going to let that slide, though... You're accepted! I hope you enjoy your new character. I look forward to seeing what you have planned for him.

@Dadice: The length of IC days isn't particularly consistent and tends to last a long time. We've still got quite a ways to go for this one. I'd estimate it's not even quite half way over. Maybe close to it though.

Dawn

Years
@The1mm0rt41One: As I totally just finished with Dadice, the length of IC days isn't particularly consistent and tends to last a long time. We've still got quite a ways to go for this one. I'd estimate it's not even quite half way over. Maybe close to it though. :P

The1mm0rt41One

Dovahkiin
Years
Okay thanks Yellow. If anyone is looking for someone to RP with. Seb's Chimecho just ran off towards the campus buildings and he's frantically trying to catch up.

Dawn

Years
@pokefan9900: Verily! Where'd ya vanish off to? =o

@Everyone: Can I get a status check? I'm working on a joint post right now but am wondering where others are and how they're feeling. If you're not feeling u to posting that's a thing we can work on fixing!

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
I'm here! :3 And I also have cookies cause cookies are awesome.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
I might be posting within the next few days, more issues at work keep on stabbing my muse D: I'm also unsure of where I should send Alice to. Any suggestions?

pokefan9900

The Egg has Finally Hatched!!!
Years
@Yellow Eh, ya know, just entered high school, got like 3 other sites I'm not only working at one I'm managing a main thing, another I'm the main guy, or close to it, and another I created, so been very busy as I like to put it. Gonna have trouble umping right back in, glad I was missed, though!

Dawn

Years
@Brainstorm: Plot plot plot!~ If you feel the need to shove your character into another group there's nothing quite like a conflict or a threat to drive them there. Wild pokemon, rocket spies, school bullies...

One lousy battle could have them running straight into an unexpected new ally.

@pokefan9900: Hmmm... Well, if I can help make it easier let me know!

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
@Brainstorm: Plot plot plot!~ If you feel the need to shove your character into another group there's nothing quite like a conflict or a threat to drive them there. Wild pokemon, rocket spies, school bullies...

One lousy battle could have them running straight into an unexpected new ally.

She's currently in bed after having passed out during the raid, but I think I may be able to shove her someone's way someway, someday soon. My schedule this week got very busy with college starting on Wednesday.

Perhaps somebody that's still in the Pokémon Center?

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
Years
Name: Mauve Banzett

Nickname: N/A

Sex: Male

Dorm: Suicune

Appearance: Mauve Banzett also wears a pair of black rings, one on each middle finger.

This image was made possible by Joy-Ling of DeviantArt.

Personality: Mauve, having grown up with only his mother, would seem to appear that he doesn't have many social skills. In actuality, he can be quite sociable, but only when he wants to be. But, when it comes to his Pokemon, he treats each and every one of them with love and care. Especially his first two Pokemon, Venin and Toxy. His Seviper and Cascoon, respectively. He is very education oriented, and loves to show off his Pokemon. Mauve enjoys a good battle, and will become quite the adversary if provoked. He's very confident in his abilities, and can be a bit silly at times.

Though a big flaw of his is not only a disdain for Zangoose, but also for Fire-type Pokemon, due to his reluctance towards "fiery" natured individuals. He is actually quite knowledgeable of Pokemon, and not a bad battler. Mauve wants to become a top coordinator, as he will always want to do battle in style. His love of artistic moves, and the beauty of Pokemon is something he never tires of. He will never back down from a fight if provoked enough times, despite any failure. He never gives up, regardless of any failure or mistakes made. Mauve also has a passion for battling, the drive of the battle helps him and his Pokemon become closer, along with the quality time he spends with them.

History: Having grown up in the beautiful city of Lumiose of the Kalos region, Mauve was born into a world of beauty and partnership between people and Pokemon. His mother, Sevreen Banzett, gave birth to him a few years after she retired from a successful career in Pokemon Coordinating. She had fallen in love with a fellow Coordinator, and the two were very fierce adversaries at the time, before they began dating.

But, after three months of Sevreen's pregnancy with Mauve, his father had left without a word. So, she had to pull all of her resources together when moving to the Kalos region. She wanted to raise him in an environment of art and beauty, when the world itself doesn't seem to have a similar view.

Mauve was raised in a strictly homeschooled environment up until she sent him to the PTA, to develop better social skills. During the fifteen years of homeschooling, she had shown her son as much love and compassion as possible while delivering a strict schedule in his learning years. She bought a complete set of encyclopedia regarding Pokemon. History, typing, attacks, and so on and so forth.

During the age of ten, she had allowed him to make the choice of going on a Pokemon journey of his own, or to continue his homeschooling. Of course, Mauve wanting to further his education, chose to stay. That's when Sevreen decided to give him his first Pokemon, a Pokemon that she knew her son was very interested in.

On his eleventh birthday, she had given Mauve a Seviper, and Mauve was overjoyed. Most children would be frightened by such a Pokemon, but this Seviper also felt ecstatic about having a trainer that loved him. The two became an inseparable team, as he trained with Venin vigorously.

During that month of training, he had come across a lone Wurmple, in Route 14. It was being bullied by a Carnivine. When trying to stop it with Venin, he succeeded in drawing the Carnivine's attention, but that Wurmple wasn't happy with Mauve stepping in. She tackled the Carnivine, then unleashed a flurry of Poison Sting. That had helped to get rid of the Bug Catcher Pokemon, but the Wurmple was gravely hurt.

Mauve rushed her to a Pokemon center, despite her vicious resistance. After she was healed, Nurse Joy informed him that Wurmple weren't native to Route 14, but had heard of a trainer abandoning a Pokemon there that bullied other Pokemon. Hearing this, Mauve tried his best to show Wurmple his love and care. When she saw that, despite her hateful attitude, he still stood by her side and never gave up on her. She eventually grew close to Mauve, and wanted to join him. She had evolved into a Cascoon shortly afterwards, which is when Mauve dubbed her, "Toxy."

While Mauve and his Pokemon were learning and training, Sevreen had realized he needed a new environment to learn and grow from other kids around his age. She had signed him up for PTA, in the hopes he could grow even farther, and faster than where he is now. Of course, he accepted any choice his mother thought of for him. Before he was sent off, his mother had gifted Mauve one last Pokemon, a happy Maractus that could dance the night away. Of course, she was welcomed into Mauve's team warmly.

Pokémon:
Species: Seviper
Nickname: Venin
Personality: A loyal Pokemon to Mauve, and a fierce battler. He also shares his trainer's passion for battling, and a very serious fighter.
Lvl: 27
Moves: Poison Fang, Poison Tail, Wrap, Dark Pulse, Glare, Venoshock

Species: Cascoon
Nickname: Toxy
Personality: A very loving Pokemon, she is constantly babied by her trainer, thus her not wanting to ever be in her Pokeball. Though she understands Venin is his first, and his partner, she is like a sister to Venin.
Lvl: 9
Moves: Poison Sting, Tackle, Harden, String Shot

Species: Maractus
Nickname: Mira
Personality: Very happy and outgoing, she enjoys dancing, and tries her best to cheer up her trainer or her fellow Pokemon when down. She can be a tough cookie, though, as she is quite a battler.
Lvl: 24
Moves: Cotton Guard, Sweet Scent, Pin Missile, Needle Arm, Cotton Spore

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
@Murkmire: Can I just say that I peaked at your character's appearance, took one look that hairdo and immediately wondered if you took inspiration from the Super Nerd class?

Also, you're totally accepted. I definitely picture him not getting along all that well with Valorie.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. >.o

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
Years
@Murkmire: Can I just say that I peaked at your character's appearance, took one look that hairdo and immediately wondered if you took inspiration from the Super Nerd class?

Also, you're totally accepted. I definitely picture him not getting along all that well with Valorie.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. >.o

Lol, no. I like the hairstyle. ;P

Also, YES. Glad to be here.

GastlyGibus

I'm battin' a thousand!
Years
Looks fun. Why not?

Here's what I came up with:
Spoiler:

If there are any issues, just let me know and I'll correct them.

Last edited:

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Man, I've been away for too long. I want to bring Shawn back into the fold, but I'm not sure where to start. Any ideas?

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
I'm sad to announce that I'm gonna be on hiatus. Alice will be visited and temporarily taken away from the academy while I'm gone. Life has been giving me a whole lotta lemons and it's getting to be too much for me to handle. So, when I'm able to sort things out, I should return.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
@GhastlyGibus: Love the history you made for your character! Consider yourself accepted! Sorry for taking so long. The SU came up at a bad time for Yellow. Looking forward to RPing with ya.

GastlyGibus

I'm battin' a thousand!
Years
@GhastlyGibus: Love the history you made for your character! Consider yourself accepted! Sorry for taking so long. The SU came up at a bad time for Yellow. Looking forward to RPing with ya.

Many thanks, Megaman765! A question, if I may.

I've read over the info on the first post, and I'm wondering, how far into the current day is the RP? I'd like to read some before I get started, just to get a feel of where things are now. Is there a particular post I should read from, or should I just jump right in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back