• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Fire Red] My Version of HMs Type Check (Re-Uploaded v1.1 only, in 2019/09/05)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 10, 2022
NOTE: I'M TRYING TO FIX THIS THREAD BY RE-UPLOADING SOME FILES, FOR NOW IT WILL HAVE ONLY THE FULL PATCH v1.1, WHICH DON'T HAVE DIVE AND ROCK CLIMB. I'LL TRY TO FIND THE FULL PATCH 2.0 AND I'LL RE-UPLOAD IT IF I FIND IT. THANKS, AND I'M SORRY FOR THAT.

[Version 2.X Released]

Hi everyone, I made a patch of my custom settings of Uncommon's thread (Credits to him for making this great patch, for FBI and all people involved on making this awesome system):

Old Information:
Spoiler:

Full Patch Version 2.X
  • <Version 2.0>

Changelog Version 2.X
Spoiler:

Important Information Version 2.X
Spoiler:

Offsets Version 2.X
Note: There are 2 offsets of each item for Dive, because it have 2 separate scripts, one for Dive and one for Emerge.
Spoiler:

Misc Version 2.X
Spoiler:

CREDITS:
FBI: Researcher and ASM Developer of this HM system, researcher of the custom Field Moves;
FBI & knizz: Researchers of the Fly system;
FBI & Touched: Researchers of the Modified Special 0x12B;
Uncommon: Writer, tester, creator and owner of the original HM system patch.
mbcn10ww: Bug fixes, custom changes (Multi Type Check, Alternate Flags), new Red/Leaf Dive sprites, Dive type check, Rock Climb type check.
Nisarg: Help with Dive and Rock Climb.
Spherical Ice: Unused Dive scripts offsets, Tutorial for changing player's default sprite to Dive sprite while in Underwater, the Rock Climb script.
JPAN: Modified Special 0x7F.

Attachments

• [Uncommon] FBI's HM type-check hack (Full Patch v1.1).zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

JoeNickson

...I'm getting there
Years
Changed the MAP Position of START Menu to become compatible with FBI's Switching Between Two START Menus (with SAVE and without SAVE)

At the moment the option of SAVE doesn't exist in the start menu. How do I resolve this and restore the SAVE function?
Other than than these are great additions!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 10, 2022
At the moment the option of SAVE doesn't exist in the start menu. How do I resolve this and restore the SAVE function?
Other than than these are great additions!

Take a look at "Misc Bug Fixes" change these bytes and it will work, or you can download the Full Patch.

Last edited:

JoeNickson

...I'm getting there
Years
Take a look at "Misc Bug Fixes" change these bytes and it will work, or you can download the Full Patch.

Yeah I've tried the full patch and the bug fixes but I still don't have an option to save the game which is weird. On starting the game the list goes:

BAG
[PLAYER NAME]
Map
Options

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 10, 2022
Yeah I've tried the full patch and the bug fixes but I still don't have an option to save the game which is weird. On starting the game the list goes:

BAG
[PLAYER NAME]
Map
Options

I've tested it many times before posting, and it worked fine, then I tested it again, and still working, look at the image, it's before and after patching:
giphy.gif

You just need the Full Patch, you don't need to do anything after patching.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 18, 2023
Is it compatible with JPAN's hacked engine or I must re-insert any script?

Years
Just curious, is it possible to have the HM be able to be used by use only of a flag (No required Pokemon type)?

I know the script can check flags, but I'm not sure if it can use these flags exclusively or not.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 10, 2022
Just curious, is it possible to have the HM be able to be used by use only of a flag (No required Pokemon type)?

I know the script can check flags, but I'm not sure if it can use these flags exclusively or not.

Yes, it can be done, but each HM needs to be related to a Pokémon, if you remove the check it will use always the first Pokémon in your party, then think if you use Charizard at the first place in your party, do you like to see Charizard using Surf?

Last edited:
Years
Fair enough. I was mainly looking to use this with fly specifically, given that the MAP option is now in the menu. In game, I was going to have the player given a Teleport Stone, and enable fly within that event.

As a side note, is it safe to use the full patch now, or should I wait until the update comes out?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 10, 2022
Fair enough. I was mainly looking to use this with fly specifically, given that the MAP option is now in the menu. In game, I was going to have the player given a Teleport Stone, and enable fly within that event.

As a side note, is it safe to use the full patch now, or should I wait until the update comes out?

I know what you want, but think if a Snorlax is in your party's first place. ^^ I don't know the reason it shouldn't but yes it's safe. The 2.0 patch will have all previous features plus Rock Climb & Dive, the offsets of the previous ones will remain the same, only if you modify something by yourself the patch will replace it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 10, 2022

I was thinking about your request, then it will be possible, but you will need to do it manually, do you have discord?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 10, 2022
Version 2.0 Released

- Added Rock Climb system;
- Added Dive system;
- Replaced unused RSE protagonists sprites with new Dive sprites for Red and Leaf;
- Changed the Alternate Flags to default/unused safe flags (don't need expanded flags anymore).

Last edited:

McPaul

On my way to become a controversial and hated memb
Years
This is completely needed for every Pokémon game! Can't imagine playing any Pokémon with HM anymore!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 14, 2024
Report Bug:

p72EM0e.png

jox2wHJ.png

If you don't have grass, steel, bug or psychic pokemon the game crashes when talking to a tree

Error fix:

9907B6: 87 DF 1B 08

WlSJtNK.png

Last edited:
Back