• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Grey

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
That is how malachites been lately. once I got alot of things I just really needed done, I've been able to map alot and do alot of eventing. so i'm expecting alot of great new things from you soon. by the way. do you have fakemon we've yet to see?

I do have a few new sketches and concepts. Not a ton, though. ;D

-Last night I came up with an ice-cream Pokémon named Scoops (it's rather clumsy, hahaha puns), who is a single scoop that evolves into a cone with two scoops. It's a pretty out-there idea, but I like it. I'm coming up with the moveset right now.
-Early on in the game you can catch a Grass-type if you didn't pick Fleurush called Daisilly; it's based on daisies.
-A ghost Pokémon that's a disused, zombie teddy-bear.
-An Ice-type counterpart to Pikachu and Marill named Sniflittle.
-A Steel/Ghost-type Pokémon that looks like a flying saucer named Orbitral.

I think that's about it. :/

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021

-Last night I came up with an ice-cream Pokémon named Scoops (it's rather clumsy, hahaha puns), who is a single scoop that evolves into a cone with two scoops. It's a pretty out-there idea, but I like it. I'm coming up with the moveset right now.
-Early on in the game you can catch a Grass-type if you didn't pick Fleurush called Daisilly; it's based on daisies.

Oh ok. I cant wait to see those. I too have an Ice cream fakemon! if you've seen the dex in the thread you already know. I really wanna see that ghost type too! a teddy bear lol well These should look great. just like your others.

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Oh ok. I cant wait to see those. I too have an Ice cream fakemon! if you've seen the dex in the thread you already know. I really wanna see that ghost type too! a teddy bear lol well These should look great. just like your others.

I looked in your thread, but I don't see a Pokédex? I wanna see what yours looks like. (Great region map, by the way.) You should have a link to your thread in your signature. :3 It'll help people find your thread easier.

T3h Kaiser

Jovial Fool
Years
The zombie teddy bear sounds really awesome. Lookin' forward to seeing that.

Also sort of glad that you're bucking the trend of packing your game full of Fakemon.

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2013
Thanks. Yep, I did everything myself. :3
They are great xD

The attacks that the Pokémon will be able to use are good.
And the stats too.

I wait for updates!
Good luck with your project.

Last edited:
Years

A zombie teddy bear sorta like this? (Credit Nexon America and Wizet for Sprite lol)
Soul_Teddy.PNG

Anyway, I like your new fakemon ideas. Very original, I assume the ice-cream Pokémon will be of the Ice type? Just seems logical.

Vanitas~

Ink Blot
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2013
YAY! You finally have a Fire Starter! XD
Anyway, I have a little criticism for ya, if you don't mind.

First off, the Sprite for the Fire Starter looks great, but do you think maybe you could put the tail on the other side? IDK. It just seems like it would look better that way to me....

Secondly, instead of naming the Pokemon Scoops, how about something more like Frostreat? The same goes for the flying saucer thing. If it's a Ghost/Steel, how about something like Orbitrayal? It's fairly appropriate, since it is combining Orbit and the word betrayal, which seems to fit well with the Ghost dueltype. Just a suggestion.

Other than that, it looks like an interesting game. Can't wait to play it. ^_^

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Igniscale feels left out because he doesn't learn any new moves... You gave Fleurush and Brelaphant two new moves each, but didn't give any to Igniscale? :(

blueguy

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2013
Igniscale feels left out because he doesn't learn any new moves... You gave Fleurush and Brelaphant two new moves each, but didn't give any to Igniscale? :(

Hmm... lol That is a fair point. Okay... Igniscale will get a new Dark-type move to do with his pitchfork tail, instead of Night Slash perhaps... Hmm...

First off, the Sprite for the Fire Starter looks great, but do you think maybe you could put the tail on the other side? IDK. It just seems like it would look better that way to me....

Secondly, instead of naming the Pokemon Scoops, how about something more like Frostreat? The same goes for the flying saucer thing. If it's a Ghost/Steel, how about something like Orbitrayal? It's fairly appropriate, since it is combining Orbit and the word betrayal, which seems to fit well with the Ghost dueltype. Just a suggestion.

Other than that, it looks like an interesting game. Can't wait to play it. ^_^

lol Yes, after much ado, I do have a Fire Starter. Thanks. :3 I will switch around the tail and see what I think. I see what you mean about it.

Frostreat's a nice name, but Bluebrr's evo is going to be named Frostweet. lol Otherwise, I'd totally do it. Orbitrayal's a pretty cool name too.

Anyway, I like your new fakemon ideas. Very original, I assume the ice-cream Pokémon will be of the Ice type? Just seems logical.

Yes, it'll be Ice-type. ;D

Also sort of glad that you're bucking the trend of packing your game full of Fakemon.

Well, I do want to have a fair amount, but not a ton. There are lots and lots of real Pokémon already! lol

Awesome work man.
I love Igniscales moveset.

Thank you. ;D I like his moveset too. That's one of my favorite parts about making fake Pokémon: the movesets.

It's been so nice to get feedback, so I feel really motivated to work hard on this game. I have a number of new ideas I'm going to implement, some which are ambitious and might not work out, but I'm going to give it my best effort.

I would really like to fill you guys in on some of the loose plot threads I have right now, but I want to get them all tied together first. As I hinted before, Professor Hawthorn is related to an important NPC in Kanto; she's Mr. Fuji's grand-daughter... This might give you a hint as to what her studies about Pokémon mainly concern. Like the other professors, there is a particular area of study that interests Hawthorn most.

EDIT: ^_^ JUST DID MY FIRST LITTLE TEST... and I think my little system will totally work, but it'll need some work. So excited!

Last edited:

monarc

Cute! A Pokemon Adventure
Years
lol I love how no one cares about my thread. Oh well, I'll keep plugging along for my own enjoyment, I guess, but I'm generally severely depressed, so sometimes I really don't feel like it. -_-

omgz thx 4 all teh supportz evry1

Sometimes I don't like the "Game" Dev. forum very much. :/

*huggle*

yay blueguy!

you has been in my signature for over six months and you'll always have my support!

Everything looks pretty :D

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2010
Is there a bar for pokemon Grey? I wanna support.

Last edited:

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
i like the idea for the water elephant (ive been waiting for a good water starter idea for that, the best i could ever come up with would be a fisher cat)

i dont mind the starters being "cute"
as long as their evos are kick-ass
anyway, great game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back