• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Machomuu: Battle Network is /not canon/ whatsoever in Megaman or vice versa. Alternate universe is also just blatant laziness on Capcom's part and is actually code word for "They have absolutely no relation, but we wanted to reuse character concepts". This conversation is also extremely irritating on account of persistent misinformation. -_-

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
@Machomuu: Battle Network is /not canon/ whatsoever in Megaman or vice versa. Alternate universe is also just blatant laziness on Capcom's part and is actually code word for "They have absolutely no relation, but we wanted to reuse character concepts". This conversation is also extremely irritating on account of persistent misinformation. -_-
Seriously, please just look it up. It's its own canon, and it's not false information, I checked my sources and assured myself accordingly. If you won't believe me, please just look it up, at the very least.

As for an SSBB RP, I don't know if there's been one, but if there were I'd really recommend a cutting a few characters, having all those different characters running around could become hectic, especially if someone left during the RP.

Dawn

Years
@Machomuu: I... just said it was it's own canon. Y'know what else is it's own canon? Street fighter. Zelda. Every game series ever. Canons are what /define/ a series. Not some silly name in the title. That's why fangames on the internet aren't part of the series. -_-;

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Megaman+Timeline
First result. If you really want to respect Battle Network as a series like I do, then you need to acknowledge it's complete independence.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
@Machomuu: I... just said it was it's own canon. Y'know what else is it's own canon? Street fighter. Zelda. Every game series ever. Canons are what /define/ a series. Not some silly name in the title. That's why fangames on the internet aren't part of the series. -_-;

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Megaman+Timeline
First result. If you really want to respect Battle Network as a series like I do, then you need to acknowledge it's independence.
I'm pretty sure I agreed with you on that point, that's why I said official canon earlier, as in those that Capcom has accepted into the canon (or canons, in this case), alienating fan series. It follows the Multiverse Theory, and in fact, from that same wiki, it says "In a parallel universe from the classic Mega Man series, the Internet has become integrated with almost every piece of electronic equipment in existence (from TVs to ovens)," at the very beginning of the Megaman Battle Network entry.

Years
I've been watching alot of anime recently during my spare and just made me want to rp including Digimon(but those don't usually do too well), Gundam, Rurouni Kenshin etc. I'm thinking that maybe a megaman rp would be a big hit

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I've been watching alot of anime recently during my spare and just made me want to rp including Digimon(but those don't usually do too well), Gundam, Rurouni Kenshin etc. I'm thinking that maybe a megaman rp would be a big hit
A Gundam RP would be pretty nice, but I worry what would happen if a RuroKen RP were made, of course, if the participants were to immerse themselves and their pasts in the feudal war and its effects on them as well as the events of Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal, I could see it being interesting.

Dawn

Years
@Machomuu: The issue is that Capcom's explanation is superficial and utterly devoid of actual meaning.

Two canonities being contained in a larger meta-canonity does not change the canonities and it does not make them one canonity. If you take a jar of peanut butter and a jar of jelly and put them in a bag, they are still as separate as they were before. The multiverse canonity /only applies/ to the multiverse, not the RPs within it. >_<;

...and there are no games or official content that takes place in the multiverse, so it means nothing. @_@

Do you see what I'm saying? =/

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
@Machomuu: The issue is that Capcom's explanation is superficial and utterly devoid of actual meaning.

Two canonities being contained in a larger meta-canonity does not change the canonities and it does not make them one canonity. If you take a jar of peanut butter and a jar of jelly and put them in a bag, they are still as separate as they were before. The multiverse canonity /only applies/ to the multiverse, not the RPs within it. >_<;

...and there are no games or official content that takes place in the multiverse, so it means nothing. @_@

Do you see what I'm saying? =/
On the contrary, the multiverse applies to any supposition. Any at all, there are infinite multiverses. Say I were not to write this message, that would create a new universe. Say I were to word this sentence differently, that's a new universe to. Heck, say I were to write this post slower, new universe. As I said, several times in fact, there are multiple canons (similar to what you said), however, the difference between this and, say, Final Fantasy (the anthologies, not the related ones), is that there was a point where Megaman Classic and Megaman BN were only one canon. When was this? Before the internet revolutionized the world. Or, on the other hand, before robots did. So really, it does make sense, there was an action somewhere in the history that caused the universe to split into two separate universes (canons), the BN one and the Classic one (one where the internet has become a major part of life and one where robots have, respectively).

And actually there are games that take place in a multiverse. Many of the Dragon Ball games take place in an alternate timeline or universe than the "Main Timeline". Also, for a more relevant example, take Pokemon. Ash Ketchum, Red, and Red (Adventures), all take place in different universes, but what's unique about these is that they are all different versions of the same person (counterparts, if you will), but at the same time they're not the same person. Similar deal (Though still different in a few ways) with BN and Classic, the Protoman of Classic isn't the same person (well, he's not really a person at all) as the Protoman in BN, but he is his counterpart, and vice versa. I freakin' love multiverse and timelines, such a theory of infinite multiplicity that can apply to everything, and it's so simple yet so complex at the same time. /Gush

Also, I never said they were contained in a larger meta-canon, they're not. The only way that is possible is if somewhere in between there is someone who crosses over into the other universe, thus reconnecting the two universes without them actually converging (if they were to converge, it would become a single canon once again, that's pretty much the only way there could ever be a single...well, that's not true; by converging there are technically more universes created, but as far as the games are concerned, that's the only way they would be one canon again as far as our universe (in the real world) is concerned).

Anyway, it's not really appropriate to continue this- here at least, I'd love to continue it in another section, though. But this is fun, definitely a good use of time (no pun intended).

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
SD- you have red joker right? :I can you help me? I have black ace (lol you already knew but yeah...) I can't get futher by the part that virusses came into the real world and that you have to find something in the network >.< Where do i have to look?!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Those are some interesting facts about the Battle Network. But what about Starforce?
Starforce takes place in the Battle Network timeline and takes place about 200 years after the final Battle Network. At this time, the Net has been substituted for EM Waves (which is something, since I'm watching Steins; Gate...). I haven't played the SF games much, but that's what I know for sure. Here's some more info (don't worry about legitimacy, it's all true):
"Though cyber worlds and NetNavis still exist in Star Force, human dependency on them has greatly decreased, and people no longer have Navi companions. Three large satellites orbiting the Earth—Pegasus, Leo, and Dragon—power the EM Wave World that exists around the Earth's atmosphere, keeping the world networked. While the EM Wave World is normally invisible to the human eye, a special piece of eye-wear called the Visualizer (possessed by the series' protagonist) allows a human to see this other world. However, like with the cyber worlds of Battle Network, EM Wave Viruses inhabit the EM Wave World, causing problems in every day life.
In Battle Network, people operated PErsonal Terminals (PETs) to constantly interact with the network. Similar devices called Transers are used in the Star Force world. Transers are compatible with Battle Cards, and when swiped through, they provide means to deleting viruses that infect the EM Wave World and other electronic devices. A group of Satella Police also exist, dedicated to stopping virus attacks and thwarting criminals who manipulate the EM Wave World in order to break the law.
Furthermore, there exists an alien planet known as "Planet FM," inhabited by extraterrestrial beings called FM-ians. FM-ians can traverse in both worlds, and also possess the ability to physically merge with human beings through a process called "Electromagnetic Wave Change". Other than lending a human the FM-ian's powers, this process also transforms an ordinary human into an "EM Wave Human," allowing him or her to freely operate in the EM Wave World (as well as cyber networks within specific electronic devices).
The protagonist of Star Force is Geo Stelar, the son of a famous scientist and astronaut. He has an encounter with a rogue FM-ian known as Omega-Xis who takes residency in Geo's Transer. When the two go through an Electromagnetic Wave Change they form an entity that is eventually known as Mega Man."

It would be quite the setup for an RP.

Last edited:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
PinkSapphire-Depends. What was the last thing you did & what do you have to do now? I don't know where you really are.

machomuu-My phone won't open the spoiler. :( Can you post it without the spoiler?

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
Pretty interesting for Geo to have a life like that. Is Starforce the last of the Megaman series or something? I've passed Red Joker of the game, & I'm wondering if there's a game ahead of it.

|Equinox|

Going on a hiatus :'(
Years
Anyone interested in making a 'rather funny' RP with me? Funny because the idea itself is rather amusing XD

I've been saving this idea for a while and I want to talk about it again. It's called 'Pokemon Reversal', inspired by the meme 'Russian Reversal'. The setting would be future Sinnoh, and normal things would happen like Gym Battles etc. But the catch is: A while back, Pokemon rebelled against humans and won, gaining authority and power over mankind. To make their ex-owners suffer, Pokemon treated the humans...with the exact same method. Modifying Pokeballs, they allowed Humans to be sucked into the machines. Now, Pokemon catch Humans, not the other way around, hence the new world named Pokemon Reversal.

Humans don't have elemental powers - so how can they fight? 1. The humans would have one elemental type of their choosing after being trapped into a Pokeball for the first time. Some can be dual-type. Now they'll have to fight for their 'masters', finally able to taste their own medicine.

That would be the setting but the plot isn't properly set yet. It can be a trainer RP where...Pokemon go join the gym battles (where the gym leaders are also Pokemon). It can be anything with this setting.

I would like some help to form a group of planners or at least a co-gm that can co-operate with me throughout the RP (: Thoughts? More detailed systems and plots would be created later.

This sounds funny (indeed it does) but it might actually work. -pushes Serious RP projects away- perhaps something like this would have a different feeling to it.

Greiger: I can actually see the first episode of the anime with having Pikachu waking up and having Ash as his first human. Yeah, you have that image now too!

We...can also make the humans say their name when they're summoned from the Pokeballs. Oh my this is going to make my day! XD

Comments, anyone? (: or you can just laugh about this XD

Last edited:

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
Years
If I did do a Mass Effect RP I don't think it'd be up until the end of this month at the very earliest. Right now I'm playing through the series for a second time, buying comics (and probably the novels once I've read those); I'm obsessed. It would have to be well planned and affecting most of the races in some way (I'm currently deciding whether to set it before ME1 or between ME1 and 2 - I wouldn't want to do anything after 3 until the 'extended ending' DLC is out).

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
|Equinox|-I probably wouldn't join that RP! O_o You'd be crazy to think if I'll get in that Pokeball! But I do wonder what it's like inside a Pokeball...? I don't think I want to be treated like that... Even if I did, nI have too many RP's I'm in already. ^^ I hope it goes well when it starts though.

|Equinox|

Going on a hiatus :'(
Years
Shiny you know it's an RP XD nothing's real! And that's up to us for what's inside a Pokeball! It can be spacious. It can be a house. It can be just...a dimension of nothingness.

I wouldn't name my character Equinox or something or it'll be like..

-jumps out of pokeball- EQUINOX! EQUI-EQUI~ -pads around-

Lol jk xDD you can be Pokemon or Human, but both races available for playing isn't probably the final decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back