• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Zylas's ClumzyMon!

ClumzyTrainR13

Storm Caster
Years
Hi, this is ClumzyTrainR13, but you can call me Zylas for short (my trainer name). After a long, excruciating, head-aching search, I am finally near completion of my competitive team (following Pokecommunity's Battle Rules, of course). As a result, I would like your opinion and recommendations for improvement (take note, this is a Baton Pass Sweeper Team. I know Baton Pass has gone, should I say, "out of style," but I think I could do well with it). I would also like to include a tank on this team, but am unsure who to replace. However, I don't require one if not neccessary. Don't hold back on any input! Thanks. :)

Ninjask (baton passer):
Item: Focus Sash

Moveset:
Protect
Baton Pass
Aerial Ace
Swords Dance

Lucario (physical sweeper):
Item: Life Orb

Moveset:
Earthquake
Close Combat (or maybe aura sphere?)
Crunch
Extremespeed

Gyarados (another physical):
Item: Leftovers

Moveset:
Ice Fang
Earthquake
Waterfall
Outrage

Skarmory (wall):

Moveset:
Drill Peck
Roost
Whirlwind
(4th move undecided)

Chandelure (special sweeper):
Item: Focus Sash

Moveset:
Shadow Ball
Flamethrower
Energy Ball
Toxic (may come in handy not sure though)

Electivire (physical sweeper):
Item: Expert Belt

Moveset:
Thunderpunch
Ice Punch
Earthquake
Cross Chop

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Include. EVs. And. Nature. That is all. (punctuated for emphasis)

For one, Ninjask doesn't run any attacking moves in OU, simply because it's too fast to be Taunted, though it can get screwed by it just the same:
-Substitute
-Baton Pass
-Protect
-Swords Dance/Toxic
Nature: Bold
EVs: 248 HP/236 Def/24 Spe
Item: Leftovers/Mental Herb
Ability: Speed Boost

Lucario literally has no reason to use Earthquake, as it's redundant with Close Combat. Pure physical sets are also preferred:
-Swords Dance (in the event that Ninjask has no time to pass Attack boosts to it)
-Close Combat
-ExtremeSpeed
-Crunch/Ice Punch/Bullet Punch
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe

Gyarados also doesn't even use Outrage, mainly because it has better coverage options:
-Substitute/Taunt
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Bounce
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 88 HP/248 Atk/4 Def/168 Spe

or
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Bounce
-Stone Edge/Earthquake
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Lum Berry
Ability: Moxie

Espeon is basically mandatory on Baton Pass teams in order to prevent most status moves from screwing it over; this can go over Skarmory to alleviate the need of a hazard setter, though you need good prediction skills to do this effectively:
-Calm Mind
-Stored Power
-Hidden Power (Fighting)
-Baton Pass
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 HP/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Ability: Magic Bounce

If you want to keep Skarmory, the fourth move slot should go to an entry hazard (Spikes or Stealth Rock). Brave Bird is also the better option over Drill Peck due to the extra power (the recoil can be healed later with Roost):
-Stealth Rock/Spikes
-Whirlwind
-Roost
-Brave Bird/Taunt
Nature: Impish/Careful
Evs: 224 HP/252 Def/32 Def or 224 HP/32 Def/252 SDef
Item: Leftovers/Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy

or (if you want to get hazards as soon as you can):
-Stealth Rock
-Spikes
-Brave Bird
-Taunt
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy

Fire Blast is still the better option over Flamethrower on Chandelure because of its better accuracy compared to Thunder, Blizzard and Focus Blast:
-Substitute
-Fire Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power (Fighting)/Pain Split
Nature: Timid/Modest
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Leftovers/Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire

While Electivire has good coverage, the lack of high base power moves outside of Wild Charge seriously hinders it. Other strong attackers to consider are Breloom, Salamence, Hydreigon, Garchomp, and Infernape.

Breloom:
-Bullet Seed
-Low Sweep
-Mach Punch
-Spore/Stone Edge
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Choice Band/Lum Berry/Fighting Gem
Ability: Technician

Salamence:
-Draco Meteor
-Outrage
-Fire Blast
-Earthquake
Nature: Naive
EVs: 64 Atk/192 SAtk/252 Spe

Hydreigon:
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Superpower
-Earthquake/Earth Power/Dark Pulse/Roost
Nature: Rash/Mild
EVs: 4 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Expert Belt

or
-Substitute
-Dragon Pulse
-Focus Blast
-Fire Blast/Roost
Nature: Modest
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Leftovers/Life Orb

Garchomp:
-Stealth Rock
-Outrage/Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Fire Blast/Swords Dance
Nature: Naive/Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Focus Sash

Infernape:
-Fire Blast
-Close Combat
-ThunderPunch
-Hidden Power (Ice)/U-turn/Mach Punch
Nature: Hasty/Naive
EVs: 180 Atk/76 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Expert Belt

ClumzyTrainR13

Storm Caster
Years
I appreciate your recommendations, PlatinumDude! Even so, there are a couple of things I would rather prefer, sincerely out of favoritism and my own battle style. It has nothing to do with any inneffiency of the editing, because I think your suggestions would make my team quite more effective, but just Pokes I like to battle with better :) . I'd like Gyarados to keep Earthquake, considering its weaknesses to both the ice and electric types, so the later set would be the one I would prefer. As for Espeon, could you elaborate on the use of him? I don't quite understand what you're getting at. For Skarmory, I'm not exactly sure if I should include any hazards because they may exhaust their usefulness if he appears later in the match. I am inable to control IV's because I don't have a modifier and can't get one. I know this seriously cripples my competitive battling, but I'll just have to make do. So, I will have to go with Pain Split for Chandelure and choose a different move for Espeon. Considering Electivire, I only added him for preference of an electric type. I had actually planned on having Garchomp in the first place, but I thought that he was in the Uber tier XD. Now I'll definetely use him with that set. In the end, though, you really gave me amazing advice and I think will seriously improve my competitive battles! Thanks! :D

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
The reason why I suggested Espeon is because of its Magic Bounce ability, which allows it to reflect (most) status moves back at the opponent, like Taunt and Toxic. Definitely add it.

Back