• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Generation 8 Project for Essentials v19.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
f2jp-TJ74-Fq.gif
mlq0-MMBlga.gif

Generation 8 Project for Essentials v19.1
Generation 8 Scripts, PBS, Sprites, Cries and more, all formatted for Essentials v19.1

Overview:
Essentials v19 did bring some great improvements such as performance boosts through mkpx-z, customizable event sizes, customizable controls, HTTPS support, and more! However, it was missing one key feature that we all wanted ... Generation 8 content. So, while we wait for the eventual v20 to bring this content, I have undertaken the task to bring Generation 8 to Essentials v19 by myself. I've taken the liberty to port all of the code, PBS, sprites and cries from the old Generation 8 Project, format it for v19 and improve upon it.

Features:
  • PBS for items, Pokemon, Moves, Abilities etc from Gen 1-8 (including IoA, CT and BDSP), formatted to work with v19.1.
  • Battler and Icon Sprites for all Pokemon from Gen 1-8 (including IoA, CT and BDSP), formatted to work with v19.1 (and EBDX).
  • Overworld Sprites for all Pokemon from Gen 1-8 (including IoA, CT and BDSP), formatted to work with v19.1 and Following Pokemon EX
  • Icons for all Items from Gen 1 - 8 (including IoA, CT and BDSP).
  • Scripts for Moves, Abilities, Items, Evolution Methods etc from Gen 1-8 (including IoA, CT and BDSP).
  • Scripts for all new mechanics like Square Sparkle Shinies, Brilliant Pokemon, Pokemon Box Link, Number Battled, Flying Taxi and EV Maximization through Hyper Training.
  • Added EBDX's Bitmap Wrapper to scale sprites in code with no hassle.
  • Fixes for a few bugs in v19.1, over the actual base v19.1 fixes.
  • Updated auto sprite renamer, for easy compatibility with Gigantamax from the ZUD plugin
  • Full compatibility with EBDX and the ZUD Plugin (and both simultanously).
  • Plug-and-Play installation.

Fixes from the Previous Version:
Spoiler:

Fixes from base Essentials v19.1:
Spoiler:

This plugin is not compatible with Essentials v18.1, v17.2, v16.2, or any other older version of Essentials. I do not plan to add compatibility for any of them.

Download Link

Please Credit the following people when using this plugin.

Spoiler:

Instructions:
Spoiler:

Known Issues:
Spoiler:

Changelog:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 30, 2021
GolisopodUser, more like GODlisopodUser! Thank you for compiling all of these resources, I can't say enough how much we all appreciate the amazing work you've done for the fangame community! Thanks to your work here, I feel extremely comfortable putting together a Gen 8 tutorial video! Plus, Bushido could use some of the sprites, we're missing a couple shinies lol!

Thank you!!!!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
this can support ZUD and EB:DX?

The instructions literally have steps for EBDX compatibility, and he mentions ZUD compatibility in the change log. Dont make him repeat himself.

Also note that ZUD itself has yet to be updated for v19.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Mar 17, 2022
The instructions literally have steps for EBDX compatibility, and he mentions ZUD compatibility in the change log. Dont make him repeat himself.

Also note that ZUD itself has yet to be updated for v19.

Thank you, but I mean can choose ZUD and EBDX or choose one of them

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
So when I went to check to see if the Battle Tower is working and this is what it gives me:
Code:
[2021-05-11 19:50:07 -0400]
[Pokémon Essentials version 19.1]
[Generation 8 Project v1.0.0]
[v19 Hotfixes 1.0.5]

Exception: RuntimeError
Message: Script error in event 4 (coords 16,3), map 55 (Battle Tower):
Exception: NoMethodError

***Full script:
pbBattleChallenge.start(0, 7)

Backtrace:
320:Challenge_ChooseFoes:27:in `block in pbBattleChallengeTrainer'
320:Challenge_ChooseFoes:27:in `each'
320:Challenge_ChooseFoes:27:in `pbBattleChallengeTrainer'
318:Challenge_BattleChallenge:219:in `pbStart'
[v19 Hotfixes] Battle Frontier bug fixes.rb:249:in `start'
(eval):1:in `execute_script'
033:Interpreter:137:in `eval'
033:Interpreter:137:in `execute_script'
034:Interpreter_Commands:1024:in `command_355'
034:Interpreter_Commands:116:in `execute_command'

Backtrace:
033:Interpreter:189:in `rescue in execute_script'
033:Interpreter:135:in `execute_script'
034:Interpreter_Commands:1024:in `command_355'
034:Interpreter_Commands:116:in `execute_command'
033:Interpreter:127:in `block in update'
033:Interpreter:87:in `loop'
033:Interpreter:87:in `update'
032:Scene_Map:157:in `block in update'
032:Scene_Map:155:in `loop'
032:Scene_Map:155:in `update'
I even added the hotfixes and it still gives me the issue. It did worked on the unmodified v19

Years
The Plugin has been updated to v1.0.1
  • Bugfixes:
    Fixed crashes with the Behemoth moves
    Fixed TRs being unusable
    Fixed Ball Fetch and Gulp Missile causing a crash
    Fixed Dragon Darts hitting after the target has fainted
    Fixed Chewtle having 550 HP
    Fixed Tart Apple name and Description
  • Changes:
    Applied all fixes from the v19 Hotfixes v1.0.6
    Added 2 new issues under "Known Issues". These will be fixed in due time.
    Sprite renamer is now in the Debug menu and doesn't run when compiling.
    New trainer character naming format added, as well as a converter for it.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
About the flickering with non-square canvas sprites, is there any other way to avoid that?
I have a bunch of custom sprites completely cropped, and putting them in a square canvas would be time consuming

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 19, 2023
Will there be any need to update this for 19.1? or should it work as-is?

Side note: How do people expect anyone to actually produce a game if people keep updating essentials and making things obsolete? Been working on something since November and I'm about to just give up entirely cause I can't comprehend code at all and now i'm at an impasse yet again (as i'm still waiting on V18 stuff to be updated and if V19 won't work on V19.1)
EDIT: Sorry a little passive aggressive there, i'm just super frustrated at the moment.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen yesterday
Will there be any need to update this for 19.1? or should it work as-is?

Side note: How do people expect anyone to actually produce a game if people keep updating essentials and making things obsolete? Been working on something since November and I'm about to just give up entirely cause I can't comprehend code at all and now i'm at an impasse yet again.

This will not work with v19.1, as this replaces your entire scripts data. So anything specific to v19.1 will be overwritten unless this project is updated to include it.

Essentials updates shouldn't make things obsolete, especially if you aren't coding anything yourself due to lack of know-how. Which means you're probably just creating events and maps, in which case those should require little effort to carry over. Also, nobody is "expected" to produce a game. The amount of work involved in actually completing a finished game is massive, even if you know exactly how to code everything from scratch. Only a fraction of people who attempt to do so ever get there. This is a hobby, you shouldn't go into it with an end goal in mind. Otherwise you'll always be frustrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back