• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Litharreon

Years
  • Age 12
  • Seen May 11, 2015
Adoptionagency_zps520935ea.png

pinkiepiehorrorplz.png

Oh god.

The transition from tile to wood is terrible. It would be far better to make them separate floors. And there's way too much empty space, especially behind the right counter. Sixteen tiles? There should be 2-3 tiles back there, since it appears to function as nothing but a gate. 5-6 tiles max. Too much space makes a map look empty, and if you try to fill it, it becomes terribly cluttered. As for the left counter, since there's a PC behind it, I assume the player will be able to walk around back there. So that being the case, the player should also be able to talk to the information guide from the other side of the counter, so it should be only 1 tile tall. You're also trying to make a corner on a wall style that doesn't have the tiles to do it. Instead, just use the black squares. It's much simpler, and more aesthetically pleasing.

AND THE PLANTS. OH MY GOD THE PLANTS.

Sorry for ranting.

I took a semester of interior design, plus I've been playing Sims since I first started using a computer.

Kharneth

Lord of war
Years
This hack seems, no, it IS awesome. I really love the music, the new Arcanine types and Fearow types. The only bug I've encountered is that my Growlithe's sprite doesn't show up in-battle or if I just check him out from the "Pokemon" tab in my inventory. Other than that, keep up the great job! :)

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
This hack seems, no, it IS awesome. I really love the music, the new Arcanine types and Fearow types. The only bug I've encountered is that my Growlithe's sprite doesn't show up in-battle or if I just check him out from the "Pokemon" tab in my inventory. Other than that, keep up the great job! :)
Sorry pal, but as Kirby pointed out, this is not a hack, but instead, is a fan game. Thank you for your support though :3
and thanks for the report, someone else mentioned it to me earlier, but its good to know haha

pinkiepiehorrorplz.png

Oh god.

The transition from tile to wood is terrible. It would be far better to make them separate floors. And there's way too much empty space, especially behind the right counter. Sixteen tiles? There should be 2-3 tiles back there, since it appears to function as nothing but a gate. 5-6 tiles max. Too much space makes a map look empty, and if you try to fill it, it becomes terribly cluttered. As for the left counter, since there's a PC behind it, I assume the player will be able to walk around back there. So that being the case, the player should also be able to talk to the information guide from the other side of the counter, so it should be only 1 tile tall. You're also trying to make a corner on a wall style that doesn't have the tiles to do it. Instead, just use the black squares. It's much simpler, and more aesthetically pleasing.

AND THE PLANTS. OH MY GOD THE PLANTS.

Sorry for ranting.

I took a semester of interior design, plus I've been playing Sims since I first started using a computer.
now onto you >.<
for one, i love plants and my maps reflect that... >.>
and I get what your saying about too much space, I can fix that, but you really didnt like the transition? D: i thought it was cool and made a threshold kind of thing >.>
and i thought if I used black it would make it look choppy

Years
  • Age 12
  • Seen May 11, 2015
now onto you >.<
for one, i love plants and my maps reflect that... >.>
and I get what your saying about too much space, I can fix that, but you really didnt like the transition? D: i thought it was cool and made a threshold kind of thing >.>
and i thought if I used black it would make it look choppy

Well, it's not that you have plants that bothers me. It's the fact that they're never aligned proplerly. Just like the dilemma with your Pokécenter/Mart. They've always got to be on the same row.

The transition between metal and wood is too abrupt. There needs to be some kind of a barrier. Ever notice in real life, when a floor goes from carpet to wood, it has that wooden or metal ridge. I can't actually remember the name of it, but it smooths the edge of the hard tile and makes for a more pleasing transition.

As for the black, it in no way is choppy. As a matter of fact, it shows that you're using it on the southern wall already. And it should also be on the other walls, but it's not shown in the image.

Years
  • Age 12
  • Seen May 11, 2015

The couch is now awkwardly aligned with the table. It needs to be shifted over by one tile.

The flowers on the table are in bad alignment too. Speaking of which, the table is too cluttered now.

There should also only be one tile between the couches and the table, although that's more of a rule of thumb. The blue couches seem awkward in position to the table as well. Also, try putting a rug under the table. Because IRL, you never put a table on a naked wood floor, because you'll ruin the finishing and you'll make scratches. Plus, it'll give the room more color.

You're missing some shadows against the walls as well. And use the full tile shadows, the same ones you're using for the north walls. Also, there need to be shadows coming from the counters as well.

The counters look like a (o.0). Try keeping them the same height. Also, both should be the same style; standalone (as the left has) or connected (as the right has). Using both is somewhat tacky.

Plants again. There should be another plant on the same row. Now you have two seemingly random ones.

You have much to learn, young padawan.

Years
  • Age 12
  • Seen May 11, 2015
socloseplz.jpg

Move Mr Glasses (the info guy) one tile to the right.

Put another plant in front of where Glasses was previously.

Move the whole counter assembly (both of them) up by one tile, reducing the amount of space behind the counters to 2x7.

Include the plants and events in that move, and alter the shadows accordingly.

Move the divider wall back (up) one tile, so that the bottom of the wall tiles match up with the couch to its right.

Move the left bookcase 1 tile to the right and put a plant to the left of it.

Place another set of flowers on the tile directly to the left of the existing ones.

Get rid of the whole bottom row of tiles, and move the door mat and event accordingly. Don't forget to edit the outside door event to place the player correctly as well.

And that should make it perfect.

Aside from the still somewhat bothersome transition.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
New Download!
I hope you guys enjoy this! it will be the second to last installment of V2
I want to get this out so you guys can enjoy it, and spend this weekend to make new trainers, finalize a few events, and make everything perfect.
by the end of the weekend, there should hopefully be 2 full gyms, and an assortment of trainers.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
YES! i've been waiting for this! did you fix that EXP and HM glitch?
1st, I think you are thinking about the wrong game xDD
as far as I know I do not possess those glitches, while Skyblaze, by rayquaza does.

2nd, I didn't let you know last night about it because it was a little late and also this was a minor update, this next one, V2.5 should be the last V2, and will contain trainers and gym leaders, and all those nice things :3

3rd, you guys are awesome thanks for all the help and support ^ ^

digimonqueen

Draco Malfoy's Girlfriend
Years
that's odd. I can't challenge the 1st gym leader. it says Script Error, then shuts down. like it force closes on me. is there anyway u can fix it. Oh, and i DID realize i got the wrong game like 30 seconds after i posted my last post. i feel REALLY stupid.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
my guess is because I added new trainers it makes the game all freaky, I think you need to start a new game, I started a new game and tested it and found a script error, where the "you cant leave without a pokemon" does not match up with "you received eevee/fearow/growlithe" so you can't leave. I'm going to fix these problems and complete all the pokemon and if I have time, add player graphics and such so you can run properly and fish correctly, haha

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2013
In the first town, if you walk on the left side of the exit to the first route it will say "You have to talk to Amanda". Even if you already have.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
In the first town, if you walk on the left side of the exit to the first route it will say "You have to talk to Amanda". Even if you already have.

yeah sorry, its a mistake with the scripts, they don't match up correctly, I updated to essentials V11 and the scripts changed, but I fixed it and will post it later today, hopefully as the final installment of V2, as V2.5 with plenty of tough trainers and a 3 gym leaders you need to beat to continue :P

Everything to my knowledge should be working, you can receive every evolution pokemon (for eevee/fearow/growlithe), battle 3 gym leaders, and a bunch of trainers, I'm too sick to finish the expected update of every trainer and character graphics, but this is good enough

New Update

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2016
as so as i load game it says script 'spritewindow' line 218 :runtime error occurred. filename is nill

Back