• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to the Myoto region!

Which starter would you choose?

• Cycadino-Cycasaur-Petaldon

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • Bunnignite-Rabblaze-Rabburst

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Finsh-Eddylphin-Maelstream

Votes: 18 32.1%

• Total voters

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Welcome to Urora!

On dA: http://saiph-charon.deviantart.com/
I've got threads on some other pkmn forums so I thought, hey, why not here too.

I've been creating fakemon as far back as I can remember. Never did I get anywhere close to completion of a whole generation before this round. Because by the time I got really started, I discovered lots of flaws or stuff I could improve. Or a real new generation came along and reminded me of how silly my attempts are xDD

Myoto - 100%
Myoto expansion - Ill add the rest every once in a while
Urora - the most time consuming stuff (starters and main legends) are done, so I'm starting to add regular pokes. - 30%

I've reconsidered my whole project.
Noticing how well the 2 fit together, coupled with the fact that creating another 100 fakemon is unrealistic, I decided to merge Myoto and Urora into a single generation with 200 fakemon.

- ~80%
- nationaldex numbers are a horrible mess now...

-------------

7e2340ffb6fae0fd877fd43ce873c425-d3iz3ce.png

------The Urora region-----

8bbee20ad7c2f8ed4cf5812592966b3a-d4w7ysj.png

Urora is home to a huge amount of exclusive pokemon which have not been seen anywhere before, and does not have any already known species.
While intentionally sounding similar to Unova, the name is a combination of Europe and Aurora, although the map itself is not directly based on any real world landmass.

------Plot, kind of------
Spoiler:

------Uroradex------

2d5f5ea3bc569724d6954d1185184aed-d4l21hr.png

What type will you choose, Grass, Fire or Water?​

Spoiler:

------Urora guide map------
8379d57298c013caedbfde96a8290ca5-d4wci68.png

Vague place key:
F - Forest
R - Cycling Road
T1/T2 - Tunnel Caves
C - Cave
H - Hydropower plant
L - Abandoned Lighthouse
S - Shrine
D - Desert
V - Victory Road
Z - Safari Zone

------Urora Badges------
urora_gym_badges_by_saiph_charon-d4tuwtr.png

Gym-Leaders:
Spoiler:

------Poke Balls------

-Heat Ball
-Cold Ball
-Flight Ball
-Dawn Ball
-Kin Ball
-Power Ball

------Moves and Abilities------

Moves:
Spoiler:

Abilities:
Spoiler:

TMs
Spoiler:

HMs:
91 Cut (removes obstacles) - changed to Grass type - 70P
92 Fly (enables navigation above current location)
93 Surf (enables navigation on water)
94 Rock Smash (removes obstacles)
95 Rock Climb (moves over a rocky path) - changed to Rock type
96 Waterfall (moves up a waterfall)
97 Dive (enables navigation below current location while surfing)
98 Dig (enables navigation below current location)
99 Teleport (moves user to a PC of choice within the region)

------PART II: Myoto------

4c322276a3dc319341f8001de9f1494a.png

Based on a part of Japan, particularly the area between Hoenn and Johto.
As the location of a bonus-generation, this region doesn't have any new exclusive regular pokemon in it however adds:
-a new set of starters
-~20 pre-evolutions and evolutions to some of the old pokemon
-a few legendaries

The plot revolves about nature and pollution.
The villainous group is called Team Gaia.

Myoto is filled with tons of pokemon from other regions.

------National-dex Myoto expansion------

2443ff99aaa95928348e275d55f1f103-d4l21mc.png

Spoiler:

------Myoto gyms------
myoto_routes_and_gyms_by_saiph_charon-d2f60qz.png

------Badges------
Myoto_Gym_Badges_by_Saiph_Charon.png

Gym-Leaders
Spoiler:

----------------​

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
this looks great. do u plan on making a game with this? possibly RMXP or a hack? i just feel tht you should try and make this into an actual game, it has real potential.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
I'm not consindering anything like that at the moment. Because it would require the fakemon in sprites, which would take a lot of time, especially if they were supposed to look decent and good quality sprites.
I'd love to but it's too much work for me.
I'd also need to first master sprite art lol, never really done much from scratch, except for that Luvdisc evo sprite:
Lovrine_sprite_by_Saiph_Charon.jpg

But that was like when gen 4 came out.

Meinfoo

Spelling error? Spelling win!
Years
These are great! Your style is very Pokemon-like, colourful and full of life. These look like actual creatures, not just drawings.

I have to say the fire starter is my favorite. The grass bears too many characteristics from existing Pokemon and the water starter is bland and has Quagsire similarities.

The event ledgendary is sweet too. It isn't all sweet and cute like Celebi/Mew/Jirachi because it has a touch of badass to its personality. Its ability is great too, getting rid of its bug weakness.

Magendolce is great! A nice complex design and clear personality added to it. Malimirus is cool too, I love its mouth, it reminds me of something...

Your Aerodactyl pre-vo in my opinion - is too bland. Maybe give it a belly childish belly patch or some other details to its design?

You have clearly put lots of work into this! What's next? Fan sprites and a game?

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Finished 127-Burndeth and 128-Brandeth

These are great! Your style is very Pokemon-like, colourful and full of life. These look like actual creatures, not just drawings.

I have to say the fire starter is my favorite. The grass bears too many characteristics from existing Pokemon and the water starter is bland and has Quagsire similarities.

The event ledgendary is sweet too. It isn't all sweet and cute like Celebi/Mew/Jirachi because it has a touch of badass to its personality. Its ability is great too, getting rid of its bug weakness.

Magendolce is great! A nice complex design and clear personality added to it. Malimirus is cool too, I love its mouth, it reminds me of something...

Your Aerodactyl pre-vo in my opinion - is too bland. Maybe give it a belly childish belly patch or some other details to its design?

You have clearly put lots of work into this! What's next? Fan sprites and a game?

So there are people who like the Fire one :3
Mostly everyone says they'd pick either of the other 2, which made me wonder whether Rabburst is too simple (even though I redid it's design the most times x_x)

Did you check their final stages? I see the Quagsire-esque similarities on Finsh, but Maelstream I thought was more unique than most fake water starters I saw.

Next is, a Nationaldex expansion in the form of some evolutions of official pokes (similar to DPt, but not that many), since I didn't put any in the regional dex. It'll include Farfetch'd, Qwilfish, Banette, Magcargo, Luvdisc, Electrode and maybe some other stuff.
After that I already have plans for my second generation. I've been sketching a new set of starters for like a year slowly, and theyre finally getting form.

A game would be too much for me.
I did however try making some sprites this week to see if I can:
4f3833d58a5ecce9d44c2fa289090fb0-d3dquw8.png
8681330218428cc0096b74800bf68a3d-d3dr6jr.png
87d6ada4f9d81142ff4e7fe48ca8435c-d3dunc3.png

EDIT:
Sorccult done
http://saiph-charon.deviantart.com/art/124-Sorccult-204964878

Last edited:

Meinfoo

Spelling error? Spelling win!
Years
Those sprites are great! Is the first evo a darker green on purpose? I checked out the third water evolution, you were right it's sweet. The second fire evolution is now my least favorite. It looks sort of awkward...

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
This is really cool... I like the fire starter, but not so much its evolutions.

The region itself is cool... You fit it into Japan! LOL

I also like the fact that you put in a Dark gym.

I wonder, would you make this into a game if you had a whole team working on it? Just curious.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
fossil evolved:
http://saiph-charon.deviantart.com/art/134-Thyreon-205362082

Is the first evo a darker green on purpose?

Yes, it's like that in the art too :)

btw, do you know that the Pokemon is called Mienfoo not Meinfoo?

I wonder, would you make this into a game if you had a whole team working on it? Just curious.

Dunno,
I've tried making hacks of gen II games a long time ago, but I only edited stuff that was already there, like making routes more complex and changing what pokes are found etc. I never messed with scripts so I don't have a feeling for how much these can be edited.

I do have ideas for the plot and whatnot, and also thought through how the locations would look and what pokes one would find in them etc.

So the major problems are programming the game and the tons of spriting x_x
And of course the amount of time this would take xD

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Added 6 Fake Balls below the E4

Most of the evolved fakemon are seriously bad-ass but also many first-evolutions are lame... I'm just being honest...

It's not much help if you don't specify at all.
Do you mean the 2 new evolutions I added last time, or final stages of the 100 fakemon in general?
And by first evolutions, you mean the early stages right?
I don't know which in particular you mean, or is it all of them?
Simply lame doesn't say much.
But then again, I'm trying to make them as genuine as possible, so the question arises: do you find most/all early stages of official pokemon lame too? If yes, then I may be doin good xD

Last edited:

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
This is how I'd solve the Kangaskhan problem:

First I introduce a new stage in the line:
Kanganile

A female Kanganile evolves when breeding
which means it evolves after you put it in the daycare with a monster egg-group male pokemon, at the point when an egg would be normally produced.
You then take your, now, Kangaskhan back and it would have the baby in it's pouch, it would have the old stats and learnset etc., that's now called the Parent Forme Kangaskhan.
(In terms of programming, this Kangaskhan would now hold data for 2 pokemon, 1st being the data of itself as it had as Kanganile, and the 2nd being generated upon evolution (like eggs, maybe inheriting ability from parents and all that).

If you then raise the baby's happiness high enough, while having space in your party and any pokeball with you, 2 things happen:
-Kangaskhan turns into Separate Forme, getting slightly better stats in speed and attack, regaining it's secondary Ground type, and not having the baby anymore
-The baby evolves into Kanganile, becoming an individual poke.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Anyone wondering what Ive been working on, mentally,
my next region.
Unova too boring? Go to Urora!
6bf2e4d582e71bd35dc3a7c9fcea6ce1-d3gcr0t.png

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Since everyone loves Urora so much XD I'm getting close to finishing the art of this regions main legends.

Ummm,

wait, what is this... in the sky!
A huge bird? It's two huge birds!

urora_legends_sneak_peek_by_saiph_charon-d3igd29.png

OMG run!

Humm96

Fly little Mockingjay!
Years
i could help you with making this into a game, im prety good at inserting sprites and changing movesets and pokedex entries. if you want me to help send me a message :)

Back