• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack of the Week 2010

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
I Will vote for Iris...The scripts are amazing...The Sprites are beautiful...And the visuals are what won me over...its so beautiful to the eye...

School days again...
Years
I vote for Pokemon Iris, because it has great, long scripts, great tiles.

Last edited:

Pokepal2007

angels awakening
Years
First, Internet is going slow :(

Second I vote for Great Sea

why?

The Link Sprite looks good.
The Pallet in my opinion fits with the idea of jumping fromm island to island.
It's a Zelda hack (Even though that isn't a good reason XD)
And it looks promising.

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
Hmm... This thread is awfully close to the second page... It shouldn't be. *BUMPS!*

So anyway, I vote for Pokemon: Silver Reign Why? Master of Puppets is a great mapper, and the work I have seen so far is truly remarkable. The palettes look very nice... and did I mention great maps?

:P

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I vote for Pokémon Simulacra. It's a very easy choice when you compare to the other hacks on the list. Simulacra is the standout hack on PC in my eyes. It has perfect tiles and pals, outstanding and flawless mapping. Some fantastic features and a sound storyline. The only thing it is really lacking is in top quality scripts, don't worry I am sorting this out for him at the moment ;)

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I vote for AncientRuby (isn't it now AncientEmerald?). A 2nd gen hack is very rare nowadays, and changing all of Johto to Hoenn and adding the scripts sounds like hard work. The tiles look good retro style, and the hacker is making a huge effort on this, due to the more complex hacking status of Gold and Silver.

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
I vote for Garnet. It would be great to play as Silver, and the sprites and tiles look great.

Master Terrador

Mostly Dead
Years
I Vote For Ancient Emerald...For A Second Generation Hack...Theres a lot being put into it...The Sprites Perfectly Represent the R/S/E Characters...and Gold & Silver is a lot harder to script for...And so far it looks amazing...Melash has put a lot of effort into this...Due to the complexity of the second generation ROMs...

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I vote for Pokémon Simulacra. Excellent tiles and palettes, an intriguing storyline, and amazing maps.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
My vote goes to Pokémon Simulacra. You gotta love sasquatchd00d's style of mapping, paired with an attractive tileset (though I, personally, much prefer the original tiles from Enigma). The storyline is pretty interesting but also totally doable at the same time. Unfortunately, we haven't gotten to see much scripting yet but I believe that will come in due time.

Xatoku

Game Developer
Years
Definitley Sumlacra. The maps are incredible, and the way the tileset is utilized is very unique and interesting. The story also seems rather intriguing.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
I vote for Pokemon Irotsuya.
The screenshots are awesome and the creator really knows how to map.

Back