• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which generation was your first?

Hiroki Okazaki

Pokemon Trainer
Years
Generation I. Pokemon Red was the first game I played and still love it very much to this day :D its amazing how far pokemon has come

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
Years
  • Age 30
  • TN
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
I got into Pokemon during gen 1, and got my first game, Silver, after gen 2 came out. Gen 1 times were amazing, honestly I think I'd appreciate all the merchandise and food items and stuff now more than I did back then!

Nottingham

We are on the cruise!
Years
Well, my first games were Blue and Yellow. Good, good times where I couldn't get past Brock in Yellow or Misty in Blue (chose Squirtle). I later earned Red Version for acing Kindergarten, but I couldn't get past Brock again (chose Charmander). I would come to rectify all of this years later, but back then it was a struggle...
Then there was Gold and Silver, the former I barely played, and the latter I plowed through with just my Meganium. Beat the Elite 4 with it at Lvl. 79, no ducks were given that year.

Sapphire was when I became all for serious and got my stuffing together. The rest, as they say, is historical nonsense.
I've been here since Gen 1, but Gen 3 was what forever stole my soul...in the Shadow Realm.

Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2013
Pokemon Blue, the very first one! I still remember getting it as a present from my dad along with a GameBoy. Fair to say that I didn't come out of my room for days haha. Good times!

GarlandDaHero

Cute Noivern is Cute.
Years
I started with Pokemon Stadium, actually. It was Gen 1, so that was the generation I started with.

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2013
Generation one, back in 98. It was cool loving Pokemon back then, all of the merchandise, your Mac and cheese was shaped like pikachu, everything. First finding out about the "truck glitch", using Missingno to have ultimate pokemon was a blast. Gameplay wise, it's no where close to being the best, but it was the foundation of the greatest gaming series ever.

Years
I grew up watching the gen 1 anime but my first game was pokemon silver though i guess it might not count as i never got any further then ilex forest because i couldnt save. The first pokemon game that i nearly beat was colloseum however the game broke before i actually could finish it. I have never actually beat it since it broke and because i also dont have gamecube anymore. I plan to finish it some time though.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
My very first Pokemon Game was Yellow, which i still own and play every now and then.
Since then I've played every Gen, but the first is still the most special one (:

soulavenger

A Keen Observer
Years
Started seeing the anime from the first generation.
Officially my first games were Gold and Silver.
Found them while going through my cousin's computer (Yes,I first played them on an emulator . . :P)

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
Generation I - I never gotten into Pokemon myself up until playing Super Smash Bros while playing as Jigglypuff. I started playing Pokemon Snap while renting and owning. While I was in 3rd Grade, I got Pokemon Yellow along with a Green Gameboy Color which didn't work later on. Me and my brothers were game hopping (and by game hopping, I mean switching games.)

Though unlike other people, it wasn't my nostalgic moment.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Gen III - Emerald for me. Got into the TCG, then the t.v. show, then the games. All between the release of RS and the release of Emerald.

Years
If you're saying the franchise in general, I started with 1st Generation but as far as the games go it was 3rd Generation.

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
My first was Gen III, playing Sapphire. The cartridge and GameBoy Advance were from my brother, and I usally grabbed them to play. But the first game I ever owned properly was LeafGreen.

I got into the anime first, then the games, then the TCG. But I only collect the cards since no one here plays (or probably even knows about) the TCG.

Years
GEN III for lyf yeyeah! My first was Sapphire. hade about 400 hours of gameplay logged and about 50 Lv 100s. And about 80 Hall of Fame entries. then i lost it. sadface :(

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2020
Started in Gen 1. My first game was Pokemon Yellow when I was really young. I still remember
5/6 of my team. :)

Back