• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Savage Silver (Check out the TRAILER!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
Pok?mon Savage Silver (Check out the TRAILER!)

Guess who's back, back again. Crizzle's back, tell your friends...

7ciinXi.png

Credit to Peter The Insane!​

What's up, Pokecommunity. As you probably know, I'm Crizzle aka Chris Rose. I'm here to let it be known of the hack that I've been sort of working on, Pokemon Savage Silver!

Just to be clear, this thread is for the few people who like my hacks and may or not be wondering if I'm planning on making another one. It's also to motivate me to work on my hack more, as I've been lazy recently.

Also this hack won't be finished anytime soon. I like to finish my hacks before I release them. As for an estimate mid, or even late 2017(whatever that means) is probably your best bet. I've got a lot going on in my life, believe it or not, so I don't really know when I'll finish.

And prepare to skim over a lot of text and in a rush to ask questions that could be answered by reading the text. See you at the very limited screenshots.

Introduction
Pokemon Outlaw was really stupid. It can be really funny, depending on your sense of humor, but I was a rookie who was just messing around. Pokemon CAWPS was also stupid, but had some cool moments. Pokemon Korosu was more serious, but maybe it was too dark at times and touched some really sensitive subjects(Taken meets Kill Bill when you really think about it).
Pokemon Savage Silver will try to be more balanced: some dark violence, some stupid moments, some attempts at being epic/cool, etc.

Pokemon Savage Silver is the story of a familiar looking red headed young man who is the son of Giovanni, the leader of Team Rocket. The relationship between this young man and his father/Team Rocket has soured and he is disowned by his father. He is left to fend for himself, with almost no resources in a dangerous world.
This young man(known as the rival from G/S/C/HG/SS games) is no typical kind-hearted protagonist. He's no angel. He's not above lying, stealing and even killing to survive. Throughout his journey, he fights many enemies and becomes known to the police as a brutal criminal. He also picks up some crucial allies, many of them criminals themselves.

The region this game takes places is the beloved(at least in my mind) Johto region. But of course, this isn't the Johto you remember from the canon games. The region has been rocked by savage criminals and an aggressive police force.

Of course, the contents of this game may be a little more "mature"(or immature). So, I'd have to caution against young children playing it. Who are we kidding, they'll play it anyways. ESRB would probably rate it as "T" or perhaps even "M".

Features
I'm a classics guy, so you know that I don't load up on too many fancy features but here we go.

- Physical/Special/Status Split, BW2 repels, deletable HM's, running shoes indoors, and right away, and fixed that stupid trainer facing thing that FR does.

- Some Gen 4-6 Pokemon, I'll reveal which ones later... (I chose these Pokemon before Gen 7 came out and don't feel like adding any Gen 7 Pokemon. If you want to use Gen 7 Pokemon, a certain game just came out a month ago...). Besides that, the game will mostly have Gen 2 and Gen 1 Pokes, considering it takes place in Johto.

- Some Gen 4-6 moves added. I might make a list later. Or not.

- Side quests that you can do that are independent of the main story(more of a planned feature)

- A very different story for a Pokemon game, which is a given for one of my hacks. There will be gyms to defeat but it'll be secondary to the story.

- Pokemon Tournament from Korosu will be back. (Of course, it will have different trainers/match ups. Perhaps it'll even more random matchups, so you'll fight some different battles each time you challenge it. But that's just what's planned anyways.)

- Trade evolutions are now stone evolutions, usually moon stone. Also there's an ice stone for some ice evos(Eevee and Sneasel).

- Wanna guess if there's fishing or not? (Hint: Look at every hack I've made so far).

- It's got some HG/SS music. Not 100% but a good amount of it. It also may or may not be a little buggy at some points.

- Err, it's a good way to kill some time.

- I'm probably forgetting some stuff and since I'm no where near finished with the game. I'm probably going to add some stuff.

Screenshots

I'm really early in the game's development, so the screenshots aren't really that great. But here they are. And yes, I was lazy again with the title screen. Change the colors, replace Charizard, change the logo. That's pretty much a Crizzle tradition. The title screen is not really worth all the effort, considering that most people use save states anyways.

screen6.png
screen3.png
screen1.png

screen5.png
screen4.png
screen2.png

Bugs
There will be bugs. I don't know how but there will be bugs. Half of them won't make any sense but I've learned that no matter how hard you try there will be bugs.

"Death, taxes, tax evasion, income inequality, Cleveland Browns losing, hot girls and frustrating bugs when doing computer stuff. Those are life's seven certainties."
- Someone important and wise, 2016.

Also, I have no editor, so I'm good for a bunch of typos. Yay!
I'll put a bug list here, when the hack is actually finished. Trust me, there's already a small list so far. (Though there hopefully won't be any major bugs.)

Awards
This hack is probably my best chance at actually winning an award. Who am I kidding, I'll get lazy and screw it all up. Besides, I'm too lazy/unambitious to put in sexy tiles and hot features that bring home the cheese. But it's nice to put this section up, just in case pigs fly.

Download
If you've been paying attention, you'd no know there's no downloads available and probably won't be any in quite some time.
As for my progress, I've made a lot of it but there's mountains of progress to go. Unlike my previous hacks, I had to implement a new region not found in the vanilla game. Luckily I found a Johto base, but it had a TON of issues(no offense Dark Psychic. Your base was a huge help but it had work to do to actually be playable), so I've had to fix a bunch of those. Then I had to try to implement a decent town/world map. I hadn't really done any of those things before, so it took some time. So only now I am, really getting into the actually gameplay events. But I haven't fully planned out everything to this point, so there's tons to do.

BUT you can check out the trailer right here( Warning: there is some explicit language in the song used.)

Banner
I don't really care but maybe someone else does. If they make a banner for me, I'll put it here.

Here's a banner that was made by cjjbros:
ClYb4k.png

Here's another by Charlie-X:
picture.php

Credits
Some people who deserve to credited for what's been done so far.
Nidowalked: He PM'ed me the idea for this hack. Otherwise, I would have retired from rom hacking.
Dark Psychic: Made the rom base for this hack, saving me a ton of time.
GogoJJTech(who apparently hates me): I used her HGSS music patch for FR. Thank you, Gogo.
Zel: He made Pokemon Shiny Gold back in the day. I modeled my world/town maps after his.
Romancandle, MrDollStreak, dreamengine, chaosrush, doesntknowhowtoplay, badgerlordzeus: Move animations.
Navenatox: Dynamic OW palletes.
Rodriguesjames55, El Diabeetus for some trainer sprites.
Avatar: For some OW sprites, including Silver's. Thank you so much, Avatar.
BrendenBass: Johto Badge images.
Coronis: For Pokemon OW sprites.
Cjjbros: He gave me an idea for a character that I plan on putting in the game.

Final Note: This is just a post for those who cares about a hack that will come out in a while; no time soon. It's really just about claiming the name Savage Silver, so no one else awkwardly makes a hack of the same name. I'm not expecting too many responses but any feedback will be appreciated.

On an unrelated note: I hate when I'm making a long post and Pokecommunity logs me out, mid-post. Then I finish and hit post, and it asks me to log in again. Then, I log in and I've lost all my progress on that post. That really sucks.

Last edited:

Trainer 766

YES!YES!I thought we won't be getting this any time sooner,but YES!

From what I read,this game is outstanding.If you think about it,we're getting a Pokemon ROM Hack that is kinda like Gta Vice City in 2017!Oh boy.

Last edited:

Sgt. Heracross

I Heracross my heart that I'm better than the rest
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I'm really excited for this. Crizzle, your hacks are some of my personal favorites. I think your story line changes are really entertaining and creative, and although somewhat crude and morbid, your sense of humor is something not a lot of ROM hackers have in common. I'm looking forward to what's in store for this hack. And as far as the waiting, I can deal with it. Personally I'd rather wait for the game to be finished than having to sit through multiple alphas and betas.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
not there has to be another region but will there be any mention of the outlaws empire in kanto? or the girl who destroyed it? im really looking forward to seeing what silver did in the games in the perspective of the grandest rom hackers of them all the great and powerful crizz (wizard of oz reference). you know since you don't get any awards...maybe you should make an award ceremony in your hack at the end. like an award show. act all drunk in it and all have all your past characters in it talking shit. lmao anyways I await for macho kid silver savage ohhhh yeahhhh! dig it

immacksg

follow @immacksg on twitter for some rad cartoon a
Years
This reminds me a lot of a hack I remembered from a few years ago. I think it was called Pokemon Garnet?
Either way, this seems interesting. Though, I'm really not into the bland and basic title screen. I get that you don't feel like it's worth the effort, but I'd love to see a more proper Title Screen. I usually only use save states when deciding if I wanna play as the boy or girl, but I'm probably in a small minority there.

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2023
I hope you'll make main charater talking this time, silent protagonist is very boring.

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
I hope you'll make main charater talking this time, silent protagonist is very boring.

Most people(don't have the statistics but just from what I've seen/heard) hate talking protagonists. It's a tradition with most games to keep them silent. I like sticking to that. There will be some times where talking is implied or there'll be Yes or No kind of answers but no actual dialogue from the main character. Sorry, hope this doesn't turn you off too much.

This reminds me a lot of a hack I remembered from a few years ago. I think it was called Pokemon Garnet?
Either way, this seems interesting. Though, I'm really not into the bland and basic title screen. I get that you don't feel like it's worth the effort, but I'd love to see a more proper Title Screen. I usually only use save states when deciding if I wanna play as the boy or girl, but I'm probably in a small minority there.

Pokemon Garnet, huh? I'll have to look into it.
(5 minutes later). I checked it out! It looks incredible. It doesn't look like he finished it unfortunately. My hack's a little different from Garnet but there are some pretty awesome similarities.

I initially planned a fancier title screen but got lazy at the last minute. Sorry about that.

not there has to be another region but will there be any mention of the outlaws empire in kanto? or the girl who destroyed it? im really looking forward to seeing what silver did in the games in the perspective of the grandest rom hackers of them all the great and powerful crizz (wizard of oz reference). you know since you don't get any awards...maybe you should make an award ceremony in your hack at the end. like an award show. act all drunk in it and all have all your past characters in it talking ****. lmao anyways I await for macho kid silver savage ohhhh yeahhhh! dig it

I'll pass on the award ceremony, lol. But yeah, there'll certainly be Korosu mentions for sure. And perhaps, there will be a point when a certain female assassin will target you...

YES!YES!I thought we won't be getting this any time sooner,but YES!

From what I read,this game is outstanding.If you think about it,we're getting a Pokemon ROM Hack that is kinda like Gta Vice City in 2017!Oh boy.

Wow, those are some expectations! I loved Vice City. San Andreas is my personal fav but man. That's a high bar to reach.

damn!! looks cool ! I am not hoping for a demo anytime soon but.... will there be any ?

Nope. Unless I quit midway, release what I've got and then change my mind to complete later, like I did with CAWPS.(kidding)

Nice looking hack man gonna wait for it just like with all of your hacks.
Lastly is this your final hack? Because i want to play more hacks of you in the future

I won't say it's my final hack but I won't have anything planned afterwards. If a new idea emerges, I'll entertain it.

Trainer 766

That's it. When this game comes out, I'm naming my character Tommy. No exceptions.

Komedinos

Assasin and Poison Designer.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 3, 2019
Speaking of Korosu, there's a Rocket Admin in that game that speaks of Silver "raising hell in Johto."

Hahah...crizzle you have thought everything don't you? I had noticed it too but I didn't give it very much attention tho I have played and completed both 3 of his hacks I believe that this will be very good...also it's an easter egg I think...!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
oh since the player does not talk , will you consider adding the face emojies like in pokemon adventures red chapter...it be great killing someone and seeing a happy face while doing it etc etc

Years
I will just hope you will tone down the (im)mature content this time. And whether you are lazy or not you managed to finish three hacks. Not everyone is talented enough for that (nor am I). Anyway, looking forward to it!

Trainer 766

I will just hope you will tone down the (im)mature content this time. And whether you are lazy or not you managed to finish three hacks. Not everyone is talented enough for that (nor am I). Anyway, looking forward to it!
Must the mature content really be toned down? If Crizzle did, the fun of this game will be decreased by a level.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
hey you don't tell howerd stern to tone it down, the niche audience of a crizzle hack loves the genioues mind of creativity mixed with the vulgarity. this is like the rock and roll of the 80s of rom hacking....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back