• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: [BETA 2 OUT NOW!] Pokémon Darkfire

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
Wow looks very cool. I took a 1 1/2 months absence from pokecommunity and I come back and find this cool looking Rom hack. Good luck on this dude.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
The storyline is quite intriguing and the screenies are obviously gorgeous, you've done a fantastic job so far. Good luck! x

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
Years
Oh wow!
And I thought the screenshot in your signature looked good.

The whole thing does, this is just so nice to look at.

Also, that snowy tower reminds me of The Tundaria Tower from Golden Sun! <3

Years
looks very interesting and well-made! emerald hacks always get my interest and this one is no exception!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 7, 2019
Cfcboy, Karl and Ray have said in the Discord that there was a delay inserting backsprites, and now they're in the debugging stage. We've been waiting a while for this one, and it's worth an extra few days if it makes the experience more enjoyable.

Karl

Creator of [b]Pokémon Darkfire[/b]
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Firstly, a huge, heartfelt thanks to everyone's comments. This community is one of the nicest I've ever come across, and I hope Darkfire can be somewhat of a gift back to you all for being such amazing people.

As of the time of this post, the first beta is officially complete. It has around 3-4 hours of gameplay.

The ROM has been passed over to Ray, who will complete some final checks on his first playthrough (yes, he hasn't played through the game at all yet, talk about patience!)

Providing there are no serious bugs which I've missed, the game will be released to the public tomorrow night.

Thanks to everyone for being so patient and we can't wait to show you what we've made.

Oh wow!
And I thought the screenshot in your signature looked good.

The whole thing does, this is just so nice to look at.

Also, that snowy tower reminds me of The Tundaria Tower from Golden Sun! <3

Ray has taken quite a bit of inspiration from the Golden Sun series in his mapping and puzzling, so there is definitely a Golden Sun feel to the game!

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
Years
Ray has taken quite a bit of inspiration from the Golden Sun series in his mapping and puzzling, so there is definitely a Golden Sun feel to the game!

If I wasn't sold before, I am now.
Anything with Golden Sun-esque elements is my cup of tea~!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 16, 2023
I had a lot of fun with this beta. Amazing graphics and scripting. A lot of love, care and effort was put into it. I'm looking forward to continue the storyline.

Karl

Creator of [b]Pokémon Darkfire[/b]
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I had a lot of fun with this beta. Amazing graphics and scripting. A lot of love, care and effort was put into it. I'm looking forward to continue the storyline.

Thank you for your feedback! We want this hack to be the best it possibly can be, and we really want you all to enjoy playing it just as much as we enjoy making it for you.

Will you consider adding the physical special split?

It is a planned feature for Beta 2, yes!

The first beta is completely upto pokeleague?

The first beta is around 5-7 hours of gameplay, and ends in Laveria City. I would say about 20% of the game.

Which Fresh Emerald Rom should I use for patching? cause I'm facing many bugs here :v

We are aware many Emerald ROMS cannot be patched and will not allow the player past Union City.

There is a specific Emerald ROM which must be patched.

I can't show you where to find that ROM (for obvious reasons), but I'm sure the Pokémon Darkfire Discord would be happy to help you.

---

Update:

Beta 1.0.4 has been released today!

Fisrtly, thank you all so much for your support in finding bugs, glitches, and other weird things. You guys are awesome. I'm happy to say all major bugs found to date have been squashed with this release, and I hope and pray this version will run smooth for all of you.

As always, if you do manage to find something unusual, please let me know and I will make the relevant fixes.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Anyway, can I get Lycanroc in this game? and do this game have gen7 moveset and abilities?

Back