• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
I got a problem with a certain item editor in Crystal.
Every time i edit the price of, for example, master ball to 1200 or Potion to 50; the repels change automatically to 94 an when i try to buy it it pops the POKEMON-CRYSTAL-with-Unown-letters screen.

Can anybody help me?
This is the only thing let to mod on my rom

Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
Does anyone know where a Pokémon Crystal Data Table is? I can't find one. I want to edit the evolutions so there are no trade evolutions...

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
My emulator is processing my roms too fast and I cant stop it
My Emulator
Visual boy advance : Newest
Please help
Thanks

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I followed the guide to putting new pokemon into a game, did all the steps. but when i play the game, the pokemon is a whole bunch of lines together showing lil parts of it. I switched with yanma

probably, you didn't imported the palletes together with the new sprite you've inserted...

um how do you change the wild pokemon battle bar (displays the name and health in battle) and the text box. I want to change these but i cant find it in unlz.gba. Help?

I don't think it's in Unlz-GBA...
try asking Synyster_Zeikku , since he changed those.

My Emulator
Please help
Thanks

maybe you've changed the settings in the Throttle or Frame Skip, perhaps?

---oOo---​

I have a question pipz...
How do we disable the 'BAG' in the START menu in a PKMN game?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I have a question pipz...
How do we disable the 'BAG' in the START menu in a PKMN game?
Well I'm not 100% on this but isn't the BAG feature disabled when you enter the Battle Tower or Battle Frontier in R/S/E? I know you can't use items while partaking in those challenges but I'm not sure, nor am I able to check at the moment, if it actually makes the BAG option disappear.
If it does, then I would decompile the scripts for the receptionists or whatever and experiment with any specials/flags you see. The BAG is already available at the start (unlike POKéMON and POKéDEX) so it's more likely a special than a flag.

But I could be completely wrong :\

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Your A-Map question sounded like it was in reference to hacking someone else's hack, thats why nobody answered.

From what I see destinedjagold has been trying to help you and people have been answering your questions.

If you have having problems with a Zapdos script why dont you just take the one from firered and alter it to your needs, if you can't work it out, of course if you are trying to put him on a Ruby rom some of hte numbers might have to be changed etc... not sure. Or, on the other hand, post in the script help thread rather than complaining about it here.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
My Emulator
Please help
Thanks

I may actually know this one. Check the Sound. It goes quick if the Sound is Off. If you want no Sound, but normal speed, put it on Mute.

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
I don't think it's in Unlz-GBA...
try asking Synyster_Zeikku , since he changed those.

I tried to contact him but he has blocked people from VM and PM him.

I really want my question answered without spaming the LC thread.

also when i change the charizard at the title screen it registered the pokemon logo pallette insted of the charizard one. Can someone help?

EDIT: Figured it out Cyclone was the problem. I used NTME instead.

Last edited:

zt2maniac

Zaniac
Years
I found a KyleDove Tileset and I wanted to know how could you add that to Advanced Map or how to make Sinnoh Looking maps From AM

Vednix

:D
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
Um hello there. I have a few questions.

1. Is there another program I can use to change the picture an backpic ect of the pokemon? for some reason when I use pokepic it changes the pallette when i export it, so every colour comes out different when I put a picture in, and it also corrupts my ROM. It also goes all funny when i import it, taking out the black and white parts :S

2. Is there a program other then that unLZ one because that doesnt seem tow work with mine. I would need one to change the title screen.

3. Is there a program I can use to edit the main character sprites? So i can a whole new mian character.

For this I am using a USA version of a fire red ROM.

Sirolu

Expert Trainer
Years
1. How to i change the Pokedex order WITHOUT having to use a Hex Editor...
I dont even know what a Hex Editor does or is...

2. How do i edit the World Map WITHOUT Hex Editor?

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
1. How to i change the Pokedex order WITHOUT having to use a Hex Editor...
I dont even know what a Hex Editor does or is...

2. How do i edit the World Map WITHOUT Hex Editor?

1. Not sure if there is a program for that... but I could be wrong.

2. Huh... no other way to do it, as with your first question. There are no programs for this atm.

Final note, BOTH of these require HEX editing, you are moving bytes of memory around to get your desired effect. The programs you would use to do this just do all the byte relocation and calculations for you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back