• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
The only things holding this hack back from being perfect are glitches, and I'm willing to try and make it perfect. I just patched a fresh one so I can work on it. Do you still have the sprites or any other files I may need for it? I think that if I put a lot of effort into it, I can really fix it up nicely.

Also, I was thinking of adding a few extras, besides just fixing it up in general. Like the e4 and champion overworld sprites, the title screen, extra areas (Such as adding new areas where it's just blocked off and nothing's there), And maybe some secret trainer-filled rooms hidden very well for after the game. (Filled with trainers packed with all level 100's?) I want to clean it up and add some extras, but I want to make sure it's still the same, unchanged game. I figure that I should probably add you, if that's okay, and we can talk it out from there.

I have all the sprites and most of the scripts all backed up somewhere. Also, those blocked-off areas you mentioned? I know what's behind each and every one of them; I always plan secret rooms before even working out the next bit of the storyline. It'd be really easy to add them, if someone were kind enough to fix the rest of Snakewood well enough to make it worth it.

Sigh. It's infuriating, really - I'm now perfectly capable of making a decent hack without glitches, but I still have no idea how to solve ones that are already there. I suppose I can't work backwards.

V. Squirtle

Vampire Squirtle
Years
I have all the sprites and most of the scripts all backed up somewhere. Also, those blocked-off areas you mentioned? I know what's behind each and every one of them; I always plan secret rooms before even working out the next bit of the storyline. It'd be really easy to add them, if someone were kind enough to fix the rest of Snakewood well enough to make it worth it.

Sigh. It's infuriating, really - I'm now perfectly capable of making a decent hack without glitches, but I still have no idea how to solve ones that are already there. I suppose I can't work backwards.

Those'll be very helpful, and that's even better, seeing as I was just assuming that you didn't have anything planned yet for those areas. (I thought I was the only one to actually make the bonus stuff before even the storyline) And I know how you feel, I have an entire hack at 60% completion, and I STILL can't fix the door to my room in pallet due to a very unique warp error. Too bad that deadly seven member that claims to be a rom hacker isn't here.

And something that's really bothering me is the aerodactyl.... I grinded it to 100 and it gets constantly knocked out by weaker pokemon, And when I was trying to catch it, I somehow OHKO'd it with a level 20 SHROOMISH. I think it should get a slight stat boost, seeing as it's the magikarp of the "boss-level" pokemon. Or at least a better move pool.

And on a side note:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2011
Made an account on this forum just to download this hack, and I absolutely love it. The story and references are far beyond what you'd expect from a Pokemon game. Making the protagonist speak was a bold move. Little touches like macabre elements, different starters, new Pokemon and sequence-breaking make this game quite a unique experience; a breath of fresh air, as it were. I also like how, as I progress through the game, the Pokemon I encounter in the wild are focused in their variety, and the amount of Fakemon is enough to be interesting, but not so much as to be overwhelming. I really like the team I'm making. I got a few friends to try this out, too, and they're liking it.

Anyway, enough of the praise-showering. I have a few questions.

1. I heard Magnezone was added to this hack. Do you have to go to a certain place to evolve it, or does it evolve in some other way?

2. Do new evolutions, such as Dragoone, have different learnsets of moves?

AustinWolff

has left
Years
looks very nice! I'm gonna start playin it tomorrow! this just comes to show that you made a point in the first post: "you don't need fancy tiles. you just need a good story..." and I hope your point is true when i play it tomorrow.

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2014
damn. managed to beat the elite 4 with guys around level 50, but now the deadly seven all have near-full parties of level 70+. ill give snakewood a break for a while.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2012
heyy can someone help me i am trying to play this game on my virtual boy advance emulator but it does not work the screen just goes white can someone help me?

setojim

S.F.Leader Meteo Lopunny >:3
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 25, 2023
heyy can someone help me i am trying to play this game on my virtual boy advance emulator but it does not work the screen just goes white can someone help me?

I've had the same problem :/ same with No$gba

Facelift

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2012
Amazing

This game blew my mind. It better get HOTY :)
My Final Team:
Breloom- 75
Parasect- 69
Feraligator- 78
Aerodactyl- 68
Dragoone- 72

Cutlerine, you are a genius.
By the way, I beat all gyms on Gym Island except Asimov's.
I know the Senex is inside, but this kid won't let me in.

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2011
Alright can someone help me if theres anyone still here? after i get to the resistance HQ, im taken to the necropolis, where steven, meteor, and some other guy go into a cave and tell me its safe to follow- i follow them into the cave, then it leaves me in a room that sort of looks like the inside of the Sky Pillar, the sign says "top left- leads to whereever... and stuff like that, but theres nowhere to go. theres 4 huge holes in the ground and 4 rocks. but i cant work out what to do =[ ive been here a while now =[ its a shame because this is a brilliant hack so far, one or two glitches, but this is the first major one ive found. Appreciate any help please

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 23, 2014
Hey thanks 1158, Snakewood's a fantastic game, the glitches are a bit common and there are quite a few game breaking ones ( have to keep multiple saves and savestats ready just in case!) so your work is appreciated. Maybe you can show Cutlerine some of your work and bug fix logs so he could put your fixed version on the front?

EDIT:
Hey, if you want to upload a big fix it should be in the IPS format, you can't upload .GBA's here

treecko's awesomeness

Treecko Breeder
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 4, 2013
Alright can someone help me if theres anyone still here? after i get to the resistance HQ, im taken to the necropolis, where steven, meteor, and some other guy go into a cave and tell me its safe to follow- i follow them into the cave, then it leaves me in a room that sort of looks like the inside of the Sky Pillar, the sign says "top left- leads to whereever... and stuff like that, but theres nowhere to go. theres 4 huge holes in the ground and 4 rocks. but i cant work out what to do =[ ive been here a while now =[ its a shame because this is a brilliant hack so far, one or two glitches, but this is the first major one ive found. Appreciate any help please

Try leaving the room, going back in, walking in between the rocks on the lower left hole, and pressing A/Z while facing the hole. It worked for me.

Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2011
Try leaving the room, going back in, walking in between the rocks on the lower left hole, and pressing A/Z while facing the hole. It worked for me.

Yeah it worked now, thanks =P

Alright, is it normal to have all the badges except for the 4th badge? i cant use strength without it =/ im worried this is a glitch. ive beaten the leage and the main storyline, i have got to Gym island, now all thats left is to explore and i need the fourth badge for that. any help would be appreciated =]

Last edited:
Back