• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Litharreon

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
I'm in love with Darcanine already <3 And I love your achievement idea, it's great!

I don't know what else to say xD Only compliments, no critiques this time!

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I'm in love with Darcanine already <3 And I love your achievement idea, it's great!

I don't know what else to say xD Only compliments, no critiques this time!

wow, thanks :3
its like, if someone could come up with the bare script for achievements, i have all the materials to use xDDD
and archic+darcanine are based loosely off of espeon and umbreon

As promised I have been working on the new road, and finished stannum city, and as per the advice of Musketeer and alex, I even remade road 1!

Road1-1.png

comments?

stannumcity.png

I'm happy with it, plenty of fun with the HAT cultists, thanks again, Musketeer, as well as plenty of fun with the museum, and many reasons to come back!

road4.png

this is by no means the final product, but how is the concept? the next town is supposed to be at the base of a mountain range (some of which is accessible)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Now, this is what I call good maps! Great job on them, keep that up! Never rush a map, if you're "too lazy to make them nice" at the moment of creating them. Everything looks great!

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Questions/Ideas?

I've been thinking, maybe I could make the achievement system an add-on to your personal computer, making it slightly more useful (since I have never seen a use of depositing/withdrawing items, nor using mail)
comments, ideas?

Likewise, I could make the closet system like the PC item storage, when you get a new outfit its put in the closet in your room
comments? ideas?

I have a question, I have no idea how to make the underground secret library work... I have everything all made, I just dont know where to put the entrance or how to activate it as a "secret" I need some ideas on it xDD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
I'm sorry, I can't help you with the first two questions - whatever you decide will be fine for me.

As for the third question, I'm not sure if you ever mentioned something like an underground secret library.... maybe you did, but I forgot (I'm pretty sure I've read every word in this thread), but I just tend to forget easily. If you could explain to me what exactly you mean, maybe I'll be able to help you.

UltimateDillon

Veteran Gamer (Sort Of)
Years
It looks like alot of your map inspiration has come from previous towns in the real games. plus the starting city looks just like the test map from pokemon essentials. excuse me if im getting you wrong. as for the rest of the features, they all seem like a great idea. :)

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
It looks like alot of your map inspiration has come from previous towns in the real games. plus the starting city looks just like the test map from pokemon essentials. excuse me if im getting you wrong. as for the rest of the features, they all seem like a great idea. :)

not really "a lot" stannum city, and cyan city are previous cities to pewter city, and viridian city (respectively) but they are changed around, the last city (vinnum city) is based off of vermilion city, except during this time, its closer inland, rather than being a port, the other cities and towns will be original, as for being the test map, that is completely coincidental...I guess that looks bad, I had no idea it was exactly the same D: I'll work on changing that...and thanks for the comment/advice/critique?

Hey guys, I'm working on a lot of things today, firstly, I'll remake the first town (thanks to ultimatedillon) secondly, I'm putting the finishing touches on road 4, and finally, make the new town, ardiger town!
Also, I'm sure you will all be happy to know I have completed all the series of events that lead you to the underground library!
and (thanks to alex) there will be no need of having a badge to use an HM move
and as a side note, dive no longer exists (I never bought that concept...) instead, it is replaced by dig! Thats right, you dig your way underground!

Last edited:

UltimateDillon

Veteran Gamer (Sort Of)
Years
Sorry if I've created more work for you. I just think that, if you leave it like that, people may accuse you of stealing maps and stuff. The maps are really great.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Sorry if I've created more work for you. I just think that, if you leave it like that, people may accuse you of stealing maps and stuff. The maps are really great.

no, infact is better you told me now! I totally didnt even know, It was the first map I made, so I probably wasnt thinking about my game as it is now, and I havent seen the test map since the first day I started this project, so thank xDD

UPDATE: Everything Is going according to plan! and there is a big side quest to get to the secret library! it should be fun! and I'm planning on a demo by sunday evening, or some time monday

I just had an idea for the professor! (granted, I have been watching too much full metal alchemist...) the professor is an alchemist who created a way to capture pokemon, and has devoted his life to the research and study of these bizarre, fascinating creatures. Name: Alchemist Raeken (I like it, but any other suggestions would be nice)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
You gotta explain that a little to me - what do you mean by "created a way to capture pokemon"...? Is he the inventor of the Pokeball or something like that?

Also, the name isn't really important at all :P If you like it, that's good.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
You gotta explain that a little to me - what do you mean by "created a way to capture pokemon"...? Is he the inventor of the Pokeball or something like that?

Also, the name isn't really important at all :P If you like it, that's good.

Yeah, he created the pokeball, and is eventually forced, to create a way to capture another trainer's pokemon by the evil organization, and through a sidequest you obtain a single snagball and save him/her from the organization :P

anyway, I have created a new town! Its full of thugs and bandits, but I need some suggestions though... I cant think of what else to put in it >_>

You travel through the mountain range by using dig, and you reach the end where the detective's house it, and he tells you were you can find the key that opens a locked door that leads you to the underground library. While in the middle of the town are there is a dueling square, where most of the thugs socialize and terrorize new comers

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Wow, those are some really nice ideas. I can't wait to see them develop more!
As for the town, you could, for starters, put a road xD Also, the fence on the left is kinda unnecessary - better to put it around the entire town. Also, a fence around that thug spot would look cool, too.

As for the underground map, a few more "layers" of cave walls would look extremely good. Also, how do you reach the house? I don't see any stairs or caves leading to it xD

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Wow, those are some really nice ideas. I can't wait to see them develop more!
As for the town, you could, for starters, put a road xD Also, the fence on the left is kinda unnecessary - better to put it around the entire town. Also, a fence around that thug spot would look cool, too.

As for the underground map, a few more "layers" of cave walls would look extremely good. Also, how do you reach the house? I don't see any stairs or caves leading to it xD

I put a road after I posted the map, haha, I made it dirt sand because its full of thugs, and they dont care how it looks, and like I said, you get to it by travling through a series of underground passages. but under the city/mountain, theres a hidden city! the under! (inspired from "the under" from Colosseum, but on a smaller scale) I'm also going to add a police station, but the police are bribed, and side with the bigger bribe
In light of these various ideas and concepts, the planned demo will be postponed until sometime tuesday (hopefully)

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
HEY GUYS!
You're going to HAVE to check back later today for the demo!
it will contain 4 cities/towns, 4 roads, and 3 gyms with 3 leaders in each, for a total of 9 leaders!
to move on to the final town you need to have 3 badges. and you meet Oak for the first of many times in the final town! I have to tweek a few maps, and make all the trainers, so it should be ready late this afternoon!

If you read my sad reason for editing (not that many would) you would see that I come with sad tidings D:
one, my game would have a lot of uncompleted things, such as the under, the forest, and every gym xDDD
two, I have no idea how to compress my game in such a way that someone could play it/not steal my game information...

So, in light of the situation laid infront of you, the reader, as a person who is taking in this terrible news, fear not! you will not have to write any sort of note explaining the homicide of one's self! for I have updated a lot of my game, and created all the information for the gym leaders!

Infact, each leader will have his/her own special, unobtainable pokemon! stonger than most, used to challenge the player, as well as show their favorite pokemon as their special unique pokemon!
so yeah, thats pretty cool...what else...
OH RIGHT, when you finally do get to play the game, you will see many funny situational irony, past-to-present references, minor breakage of the fourth wall, and much much much more!!! it will be amazing, I cant wait, and it kills me I cannot provide a demo :/

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
updates

I have been thinking about the long run of my game (i have only been thinking short term) but now I have some cool ideas I'm still working on, but how is this idea for time traveling:

currently, you are in gen: 3 tilesets, when you go to the past to catch prehistoric pokemon, you are in gen: 1-2 tilesets, and in the future, you are in gen: 4-5 tilesets
good idea?

UltimateDillon

Veteran Gamer (Sort Of)
Years
I have been thinking about the long run of my game (i have only been thinking short term) but now I have some cool ideas I'm still working on, but how is this idea for time traveling:

currently, you are in gen: 3 tilesets, when you go to the past to catch prehistoric pokemon, you are in gen: 1-2 tilesets, and in the future, you are in gen: 4-5 tilesets
good idea?

this sounds like a good idea. it could definitely be something worth building on.

Sirfetch’d

This looks great, especially your own pokemon you made. I can't wait to play.

I do have one question however, sorry if I overlooked it already being asked, but are you planning on doing something with the PC storage system because I don't think Bill would have been born yet to discover it, and technology probably wasn't great in 1958 even in the Pokemon world.

Back