• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Be a champion

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So while player owned gyms were discussed, the chance of you being a champion was not. For years we've wanted to stay on as champions and become the champion once we've deleted the elite four. Say it's possible in these games, would you be interested in sticking around, or at least something like coming back once a day to take on someone, or you forfeit your champion position, with the money being a set amount each time? Do you think it's possible for these games? Why or why not?

Elite Four Lucian

Elite Four - Psychic User
Years
I think it would be possible. That was one of the things that always bothered me in the other games, you become the champion and you go back to re-battle the E4 and it seems like your not even champion. I want it to mean something when you earn the title of champion. I like the sound of this, I hope they do this.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Most of the generations have had the tradition of when you've become the champion and finished the game... you can go back to the Pokémon League to battle the Elite Four and Champion once again. So I would assume it would happen in these games as well.

But what if it was possible to remain as the champion in the game? Well for me... I would interested in coming back once a day to take on someone, but then after a while I would feel like forfeiting anyways, 'cause you'd automatically forfeit if you didn't come back once a day. :P

Years
I remember after you beat the elite 4 in Gen 2 games, there was an area in the 2nd town (I don't remember the name at all :p) but when you went in there, it had the best music I've ever heard in any of the pokemon games. I originally thought it was your own pokemon gym, but I was wrong, so..

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Yep, I also hate when re-battling they don't even act like they know you. I'd love to be able to retain my position as Champion, and once in a while take on a challenger. It'd be cool if you had to stick with a certain team for awhile also, so you cant just rock up with any random team.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
I think it would be fun and would add to replayability if we were able to remain a champion(as of now barely anyone acknowledges it) and had to defend the title. Hell, it would be nice if we could be recognized as the champion all over a bit more.

I think it would be interesting to have something like randomized tournaments that we could optionally view bits of(whole thing or parts, as in an option to leave whenever) to get a general idea of who our next possible challengers could be. If you'd like it to remain a surprise, then don't view them. It would be something outside of online battling that could perform the illusion of competition to be at the top.

Actually, a tournament would be fun in general(it could be beyond VR) to determine who faces the E4/Champion; It's one of the things I really enjoy about B2W2's PWT and can enjoy over and over again.

Yep, I also hate when re-battling they don't even act like they know you. I'd love to be able to retain my position as Champion, and once in a while take on a challenger. It'd be cool if you had to stick with a certain team for awhile also, so you cant just rock up with any random team.

I really like the idea of having to keep a certain team intact for a period of time(i guess for facing challengers only at least?) because, after all, your team at that point should be among your favorites/best anyways; Or maybe allow you to at least swap out a Poke every so often.

Last edited:

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I really like the idea of having to keep a certain team intact for a period of time(i guess for facing challengers only at least?) because, after all, your team at that point should be among your favorites/best anyways; Or maybe allow you to at least swap out a Poke every so often.

Yep, after all, the Champion needs their Trademark team and Pokemon. But of course you'd be able to switch and swap Pokemon every once in a while, you would not wanna get stuck with the same team you bet the league with.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Most of the generations have had the tradition of when you've become the champion and finished the game... you can go back to the Pokémon League to battle the Elite Four and Champion once again. So I would assume it would happen in these games as well.

But what if it was possible to remain as the champion in the game? Well for me... I would interested in coming back once a day to take on someone, but then after a while I would feel like forfeiting anyways, 'cause you'd automatically forfeit if you didn't come back once a day. :P

Well I figure that if this were to happen that the previous champion would have to challenge you every week and take you on or something along those lines, and if they win then they become the champion like before. And the process starts all over again.

blue

gucci
Years
You should have the option to go back to the Champion's Room once you have defeated the Elite Four and be able to take on a series of trainers, each with randomly generated tactical teams.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I want this. I need this. I've been waiting for this.

I'd love to be able to keep my position at the Pokemon League and have challengers battle you every few days or so. I'd like the challengers to be diverse though. There's nothing worse than battling the same trainer over and over again.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
A Champion title defense mechanic would be welcome, but one thing I do like is battling the original champions in the game, so unless they have it so the previous champion also comes to challenge you, or at least is battle-able outside of the league, then chances are it won't happen.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Yeah, that always bugged me.You beat the champion and people act like nothing ever happened.I mean at least throw a party or something.But on topic just staying in an empty room isn't that appealing either.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I'd love this; this was like, what happened to Red on pokemon manga, and hey, I'd have no problem be challenged by random trainers in the land~ Although, I think most of them would be -nervous- instead of willing, but, this would be a nice concept~!

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
I feel like the game screws me over when I become champion. While rebattling the Elite Four and the Champion is a nice way to get some EXP, how about when you become champion a set number of trainers come up to battle you daily, and this may sometimes include some Elite Four members who want to pull a Lance.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I feel like the game screws me over when I become champion. While rebattling the Elite Four and the Champion is a nice way to get some EXP, how about when you become champion a set number of trainers come up to battle you daily, and this may sometimes include some Elite Four members who want to pull a Lance.

Or maybe they're just testing themselves against the best (the E4 members doing that, that is!) They don't necessarily wanna be the best, but to sharpen themselves, and if they face you every few days to test themselves that'd be interesting (especially if you lose to them... which means you might lose the champion status??)

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2013
It would be interesting to have some sort of character progression through owning a gym. The more rpg elements the better. The one thing I've never understood is through the anime, to become champion you have to win that regions pokemon league. I'd be interested in the concept of merging the E4 with the Pokemon League tournament. You have to win the tournament to become champion and every so often you have to defend your title to gain very unique rewards. The only issue I see is that the pokemon games have never really accomplished the Pokemon league environment of the anime, in the game.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
I think it would be a cool idea of going back once a day to face a challenger. it would give me something else to train off of

tnfsf11

Becoming champion just ends the game; you somehow become indestructible and might just stay inside the plateau for eternity just battling rookie trainers.
IMO what would be better is extending the number of side-quests/adventures so that the game goes on for a bit longer after the E4.

Back