• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my Team! 2

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2012
Typhlosion @ Charcoal (lvl53)
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Bold
Ev's:
- Flamethrower
- Flame Wheel
- Blast Burn / Lava Plume
- Rock Smash

Dratini @ Shell Bell (lvl17)
Ability: Shed Skin
Nature: Docile
Ev's:
- Leer (Useless)
- Thunder Wave
- Twister
- Dragon Rage

Nidoran @ None (lvl15)
Ability: Poison Point
Nature: Lonely
- Scratch
- Tail Whip
- Double Kick
- Poison Sting

Black (Espeon) @ X Attack (lvl32)
Ability: Synchronize
Nature: Lonely
- Quick Attack
- Helping Hand
- Tackle
- Bite

Pegasus (Pidgey) @ Silk Scarf (lvl3)
Ability: Keen Eye
Nature: Lax
Ev's:
- Tackle
- Roost
- Fly
- U-Turn

There is another spot in my team. Who should I place in my team? I am having hard times with the 8th gym in Blackthorne (Dragon). Could you guys give me tips about it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I assume you're playing HeartGold/SoulSilver. :)

You could get a water-type and teach it Ice Beam. A level 47 Lucario learns Dragon Pulse and that's superb against dragon-types that don't have Earthquake, as dragons aren't effective against steel-types. But that's a bit too much to ask for your case, I think.

Also, you could perhaps raise the levels of your other members to match that of your Typhlosion. You might need more than one pokemon to beat a gym leader, especially the 8th gym.

And maybe give a bit more diversity to your Typhlosion's moveset. They're mostly fire-type and fire doesn't do well against dragons. Rock Smash's not strong enough.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me (via VM if you want). I'll be glad to help as much as I can. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2012
What types are most effective against Kingdra, 2 Dragonair`s and a Gyarados? I also have an Shiny Gyarados (Rage). Should I use Rage?

Synerjee

Years
What types are most effective against Kingdra, 2 Dragonair`s and a Gyarados? I also have an Shiny Gyarados (Rage). Should I use Rage?

Against Gyarados, use electric-type attacks such as Thunderbolt. Dragonair is weak against ice and dragon-type attacks. Kingdra is only weak against dragon-type attacks.

You could train up your Dratini till it learns a decent dragon-type attack and evolve it, but mind you, dragon-types are also super effective against other dragon-types.

You could use your Gyarados if you want, but I don't recommend you use Rage. Thrash would be a good choice, but you will have to deal with confusion after a few rounds. Level it up for a better chance of winning.

The best is to try out many options and see for yourself! You can learn much more from doing that.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2012
My Dratini dissapeared??? It is not in a box at the pokemon center nor in my party??? where could it be?? i never traded him in-game or so. i did play alot voltorb flip for that dratini!!

Synerjee

Years
Oh no D: Did you accidentally release it?? Sad.. But guess what?? You get a better Dratini if you defeat the gym and go to the Dragon's Den (the cave) at the back. This one's special; it has the move ExtremeSpeed if you answer the questions correctly! :)

Since you don't have your Dratini any more..one of the other options (the only option, actually) left is to consider levelling your team up to more decent levels. It might be time-consuming, but it's worth it. A balanced team is always the best, not only for gyms, but at the Elite 4, which is coming up pretty fast. A single pokemon simply won't cut it.

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2012
Extremely weird; I have lost my lvl30 Togepi and lvl34 Machop too!
I am pretty sure I did not release any Pokémon. I always keep my Pokémon...

~ About that "better" Dratini. Dratini was pretty much my only way to beat Kingdra :/
I think I have to use my Gyarados now to beat Kingdra? As Gyarados is my only Dragon Pokémon left after Dratini dissapeared.

~~ At what level should I put my Pokémons? And do I have to learn my Pokémons moves where I freeze/paralyze/burn them? I think it would be pretty useful?
The big problem is Kingdra. I can beat those Gyarados and Dragonairs with ease. Kingdra :(

Synerjee

Years
Hmm..weird indeed. I don't really know how to solve your problem. :/ They could be hiding in other boxes..just a thought.

Yea, but things have changed.. Yea you could go with Gyarados and its Thrash. Only that Gyarados isn't a dragon-type; it's a water & flying type. It just looks like a dragon. I made that assumption before I found out. ><

Kingdra (her strongest) is level 41. So you should perhaps raise them around level 35 - 45 to be on the safe side.

Status-inducing moves are useful too, especially moves that cause a burn such as Will-o-wisp (they reduce the opponent's attack to half) and paralysis such as Thunderwave (they half the opponent's speed). Only if you have them, that is.

For Kingdra, just try to hit it as hard as you can with your strongest moves that are normal towards it. That's kind of what I did.

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2012
Gyarados isn`t Dragon? But then how does he know Dragon Rage and Twister? :P

~ Hmm. Is Mareep / Flaaffy / Ampharos good enough to beat up Kingdra?

Synerjee

Years
Haha I have no idea! I guess those moves are in its moveset as it looks like a dragon. :P

Ampharos is good. :) Keep its Thunderwave if you want a Paralysing attack!

Years
  • Seen Dec 7, 2012
Where is the best place to train my

lvl20 Tentacool
lvl32 Espeon
lvl13 Mareep
lvl3 Pidgey?

Oh my, I have to train alot...

Back