• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WPC #27 - POLL

YOU MAY VOTE FOR 2!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Weekly Pixel Art Challenge: #27 - POLL
Hosted by: Logiedan

Theme: Leprechaunity

Vote for two entries max. Votes are public, so we can see who voted what; if there are more than two votes from one person then the first two in descending order will be counted (unless stated otherwise in thread).

Voting Rules:

• One vote per person (unless stated otherwise)
  • You may not vote for yourself
  • You can post which one you voted for and why
  • Critique is really appreciated to help those who struggled in votes!
This Week's Rules:

• Canvas Size: Unrestricted. Include all three sprites in one image.
  • Palette Requirements: 24 colours max.
  • Transparency: Optional (WILL NOT COUNT AS A COLOUR)
  • Animation: None
  • Other: N/A
List of contestants: 14
NOTE: This is in no particular order or related to the order of entries below.

Chesu, Retribution, Limanya, ShadowMirror, tajaros, GolurkIsDaBomb, Silversnk, ★Hoenn★, blackmoonflower, kinataki, Discordant, vaporeon7, Fenneking and Aryan143

Entries:
Entry 1
rll029.jpg

Entry 2
2ekrcm0.jpg

Entry 3
1hebtz.jpg

Entry 4
2iu9a2v.jpg

Entry 5
119o2ki.jpg

Entry 6
bhycrs.jpg

Entry 7
igb13m.jpg

Last edited:

ShadowMirror

Ready for the Battle
Years
I voted for 1 and 7

I think that they were executed great, but congrats to everyone who participated

Magykx

It's too cold for you here.
Years
I chose 7 & 12.
In 7, I love how Carracosta looks green. It almost looks like it should be it's shiny form imo.

In 12, I absolutely love Moltres. Its fire looks amazing green!

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
6 & 8. Eighth is my personal favourite. Love the shamrock designs, and Kricketune is recoloured really well. Sixth one I chose because of the fluorescent Quilava.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
8 and 13 were my picks. I absolutely love the kriketune's white mustache, and the pot-of-gold Victreebell is epic. Oh, an the steelix. Awesome.

I love 13 for the colouring, mainly. Very serene and calm.

kinataki

david tennant so much!
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
@Discordant
i was almost going to do them too :P but i didn't :P

and i voted for 6&9
6 is my favourite because green looks super in those pokemons and the pokemon picks were hard to recolour, but suprisingly the one who did those made them perfect.
9 is really good too. the colours doesn't really look good on that victini but it still looks perfect!!

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
7 and 13 are obviously the best. I really like the colors in both!

Years
I voted for entries 5 and 10. I felt like both entries had really nice pallets, and did a good job not saturating the sprites too much. 5 did a really good job with the acid green, because that green is tricky in my opinion. I love the main green on 10, and the shamrocks floating off of jumpluff like stray seeds was really smart!

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
To be blunt, I feel the tone variation in a lot of the sprites wasn't the best it could have been. My vote had to go to number 8, this one was closest to having balanced tones, and I absolutely love what they've done with the clovers. Especially the Steelix!

Silversnk

Valar Dohaeris
Years
I choose 8 because of the tone variation, it stands over the rest and the shamrocks are great. I think that's more yellow than green though, maybe the contrast give my eyes that illusion, but if it qualifies, then that's the one I'm voting for as my favourite.

The other one would be number 10. I like that hue a lot and the Shamrocks around Jumpluff are really nice.

Sirfetch’d

While all of the entries were great I decided to vote for 7 and 10. I felt that those entries did the best jobs with the pallets and the shading was also very clean and nice. The Hydreigon in entry 7 was my favorite of all of the entries because I feel that it was done perfectly, it is very nice and clean looking, and the shades of green used look nice together. The shamrock was also nicely placed.

Years

Winners

1zwbwjb.jpg

1st Place - Fenneking
2itr1uq.jpg

3brbo.jpg

2nd Place - GolurkIsDaBomb
igb13m.jpg

2vcjdhw.jpg

3rd Place - blackmoonflower
wt8wih.jpg

3rd Place - kinataki
smc3r9.jpg

Honourable Mention(s)

2ezpblz.jpg

Honourable Mention - Silversnk
bhycrs.jpg

---

Thank you for participating. Discussion of results can be in General Pixel Art Discussion thread.
The Medal Ledger is all up to date as of this post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back