• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rotom Pokedex Graphics for Essentials

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
EDIT: Does work in v19.1

Hi all! I was surprised that no one took the liberty to make Rotom Pokedex UI graphics, so I've decided to make my own. I based it off stock images from Serebii. Credit would be amazing.

I have zipped a folder here containing:

077uioT.png

Spoiler:

I have an expansion of the original files, along with the updates to the previous ones: http://www.mediafire.com/file/1a83hc7nk6najwj/rotomdex_overlay_expansion.zip/file if you don't want to redownload what you already have!

All 16 images will need to be doubled before using in your game. You can auto crop the facial expression overlay, HOWEVER it is up to you to position them in a way that makes sense! lol!

Here is an example how to use them in your scene:
Spoiler:

I've left everything as a transparent overlay so you can mix and match to no end! It's all about manipulation over your @sprites command whether they be mapped to a normal or animated bitmap.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
Hey all, posted an update with more facial expression overlays. I've tidied up the main ones as well. Download links are in the first post <3

Let me know if I missed any expressions!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
I really loved it! Did you create a script for this?

not for these particular graphics. I have used a modified form of them to blink ingame using the closed eyes and the open eyes compressed into the background that vendily and I came up with:
Spoiler:

for the other expressions you can do a similar treatment given input commands/frame delays and animated bitmaps for their @sprites commands. I've left them as overlays for maximum creative tinkering, so if you want to create multiple backgrounds I gave you all the tools!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
This is amazing...
But I have a question,
Where the section scripts need to insert your scripts for 19.1
Thank you^^

this code is designed to be a base for you to tinker with and develop so it wouldnt make much sense to package it as a fully fledged plugin.

Inserting a new script above Main and below the compiler wont change anything fundamental to Essentials so it should 100% be safe to add. You have to do that for custom moves as well, so we're not completely out of the park from modding the base essentials engine.

Back