• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: Sugimori Palettes: The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Is there any sort of resource like this or ChaosRush's but with only D/P Sprites?

Alas not, the sprites that were selected are generally the ones that fit the bets in GBA dimensions. There's a slight difference between some of my sprites and Chaos' as my favourite sprites were generally from HGSS so I changed some of the old DP or BW sprites such as Articuno or Nidorino with their HGSS sprites.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
I'm not sure if this would be of any help on here but recently I've become a bit of an admin for icons on the Gen VII Pokemon GBA sprite thread & I ended up making a chart of sorts to show which icons we still have left. Keep in mind this wont include all of them but it's very close to that. Brace yourselves. This one is a big one.
Spoiler:

The sprites are signified by 2 colors. Icons that are already done are represented with the default green background & the icons that aren't recolored to have the Gen 3-5 palette, have a frame 2, or both will be represented by the color blue.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Years
I'm not sure if this would be of any help on here but recently I've become a bit of an admin for icons on the Gen VII Pokemon GBA sprite thread & I ended up making a chart of sorts to show which icons we still have left. Keep in mind this wont include all of them but it's very close to that. Brace yourselves. This one is a big one.

The sprites are signified by 2 colors. Icons that are already done are represented with the default green background & the icons that aren't recolored to have the Gen 3-5 palette, have a frame 2, or both will be represented by the color blue.

Yeah pretty interesting. I'll upload the Gen 5 ones here when I get the chance, the previous ones that you had posted here were all acceptable so if you want to make any more go for it.

I've currently completed Victini through to Audino.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Before I completely "forget" contributing to this project, I have done these two a long time ago and fixed them up today. These will be my "last" contribution for this project [for now... hopefully a new mood would strike soon].

Anyway, good luck completing this MrDollSteak... and to those who will be/are doing better second-frame sprites than me! lol

EDIT: I would be back sometime later, but it's really kind of painful doing pixel art on 1080p screen.

Rufflet
vg0EgEs.png

Braviary
6Gx6U96.png

~ Formerly Sky High

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Heya~

I know I'll sound dumb to ask this here but... Are those sprites with the second frames for Emerald available with the original palette Chaos did? I'm sorry. It's just that, in my own opinion, Sugimori's palette is kinda pale(?) and doesn't look that good in-game, especially Charmander. But I love the second frames provided here. They're lovely.

I could recolor every single one but that would take forever so I just asked, maybe you have a faster alternative(? Like a zip file of all sprites with their original colors xD) Hihi. Thanks~

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
Heya~

I know I'll sound dumb to ask this here but... Are those sprites with the second frames for Emerald available with the original palette Chaos did? I'm sorry. It's just that, in my own opinion, Sugimori's palette is kinda pale(?) and doesn't look that good in-game, especially Charmander. But I love the second frames provided here. They're lovely.

I could recolor every single one but that would take forever so I just asked, maybe you have a faster alternative(? Like a zip file of all sprites with their original colors xD) Hihi. Thanks~

You'll have to recolour manually, use the website Piskel open 2 tabs one with the sprite you like and the second frame you want for it, use the tool that allows you to change the all pixels of the same colour to the one chosen.

It'll take 1-2 minutes to finish one, really simple.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
You'll have to recolour manually, use the website Piskel open 2 tabs one with the sprite you like and the second frame you want for it, use the tool that allows you to change the all pixels of the same colour to the one chosen.

It'll take 1-2 minutes to finish one, really simple.
Oh, thank you. :) But I decided to just use all these without recoloring since it actually imitates the colors of the models in the newer generations.

BTW, is anyone else having troubles inserting any of the sprites into PGE? Well most specifically, Graveler, Turtwig, and a lot more. :/

EDIT: Since it's kinda taking long, I decided to fix the sprite palette errors. After a dreaded process of click and crap, here are the fixed ones, ready to be inserted in PGE:

GEN I
Spoiler:

GEN II
Spoiler:

GEN III
Spoiler:

GEN IV
Spoiler:

On a side note, I'd like to recommend using Paint.net, Photoshop, or GIMP to the contributors of this sprite thread. Recoloring the sprites using Paint XP can make a lot of mistakes especially when done hurriedly. You'll miss recoloring a few pixels. :)

EDIT: I noticed there wasn't a sunshine form for Cherrim because MrDS didn't want to do it but since Cherrim Sunshine Form is now possible for Emerald, I'll share this. :)
cizz5rh.png

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Years
Before I completely "forget" contributing to this project, I have done these two a long time ago and fixed them up today. These will be my "last" contribution for this project [for now... hopefully a new mood would strike soon].

Anyway, good luck completing this MrDollSteak... and to those who will be/are doing better second-frame sprites than me! lol

EDIT: I would be back sometime later, but it's really kind of painful doing pixel art on 1080p screen.

Rufflet
vg0EgEs.png

Braviary
6Gx6U96.png

~ Formerly Sky High

Those look great! Definitely miss your contributions but RL is more important haha!

Oh, thank you. :) But I decided to just use all these without recoloring since it actually imitates the colors of the models in the newer generations.

BTW, is anyone else having troubles inserting any of the sprites into PGE? Well most specifically, Graveler, Turtwig, and a lot more. :/

EDIT: Since it's kinda taking long, I decided to fix the sprite palette errors. After a dreaded process of click and crap, here are the fixed ones, ready to be inserted in PGE:

GEN I
Spoiler:

GEN II
Spoiler:

GEN III
Spoiler:

GEN IV
Spoiler:

On a side note, I'd like to recommend using Paint.net, Photoshop, or GIMP to the contributors of this sprite thread. Recoloring the sprites using Paint XP can make a lot of mistakes especially when done hurriedly. You'll miss recoloring a few pixels. :)

EDIT: I noticed there wasn't a sunshine form for Cherrim because MrDS didn't want to do it but since Cherrim Sunshine Form is now possible for Emerald, I'll share this. :)
cizz5rh.png

Thanks a lot for that! I hadn't noticed any of these issues. Just to check you were definitely using the ones from the dropbox right? Either way I'll compare and see what the issues might be.

Also thanks for the Cherrim sprite! I was initially not wanting to do it because the transform effects didn't usually play second frames but since Dizzy has cracked that why not!

Cheers! Love the contributions guys keep them coming if you have the chance :)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
Can you please tell us your current generation 5 icon proggres?

I wanna make some but I don't want to make ones that already made, I had already made a bunch of gen 7 ones for my hack so I'm confident that I can make quite good ones.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
Can you please tell us your current generation 5 icon proggres?

I wanna make some but I don't want to make ones that already made, I had already made a bunch of gen 7 ones for my hack so I'm confident that I can make quite good ones.

MrDS said in a previous post that he's done from Victini to Audino... He also seems to accept other MBCMechachu's submissions (Sandile, Reuniclus, Klang, Klinklang, Litwick, Stunfisk, Pawniard, Bisharp, Mandibuzz and Genesect)...

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
MrDS said in a previous post that he's done from Victini to Audino... He also seems to accept other MBCMechachu's submissions (Sandile, Reuniclus, Klang, Klinklang, Litwick, Stunfisk, Pawniard, Bisharp, Mandibuzz and Genesect)...

Thanks man, I'll get on some of them when I have the chance.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Heya~ I made these and was thinking to do more if these would pass your quality check.
d47ZLFr.png

DywEJHk.png

I'm not so sure about their palettes though. The Sugimori artworks I have here were from PLDH and I think their quite less saturated than yours? :)

EDIT: I wasn't sure where to post this one. Can't decide whether it belongs in the Gen VI thread or here but I decided to post it here since it uses Sugimori Palettes.
zd7TuD9.png

I only retouched the front sprites but the backsprites, I made from scratch except the head. Let's be honest, the current one doesn't look good. Btw, ignore the second frame. I haven't edited it yet. Added second frame. :)

EDIT: I also did Alakazam. It also uses Sugimori Palettes. 90% made from scratch (I took the head off from here and modified it.) I made two since I can't decide if the one with bigger spoons or smaller spoons look better. Also, if anyone would like to make an improvement, I'm willing to send the bases of this sprite, bacause, I actually sprited this one by parts in separate layers. Oh and I'm not too fond of his beard. I think it's less fluffy and textureless. I'm not good at those. Especially shading. I just begun spriting again though.
IvXyPFq.png

EDIT: Here's Mega Sceptile who was a great pain in the ass to draw. Especially that freaky Christmas tree tail. Again, if anyone has suggestions on how to draw this better, I've got a layered base of every part of this sprite so feel free to tell me. :)
whYhbXc.png

I'm planning to do everyone's backsprites after I finish Mega Blaziken and Mega Swampert. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
Here's my work:
9zUgMhB.png
X4TZ0gi.png
YNWCqLu.png
3pAIool.png
m0FliYb.png
ThyCSYs.png
oQAS6Oc.png
alcECYZ.png
2Co0l8U.png
ALfC3in.png
JefZX2H.png

NIJNXhf.png
CaLpX9o.png
eEA3owr.png
dGtUn5Z.png
sGrDQnC.png
TnQT4Nu.png
06iLxET.png
rZS6uYb.png
DSYtGCq.png
4zqi39w.png
Bc92qfA.png
kMXf6Ge.png

Some of the new icons are almost identical to the old ones so I polished them and ported the old second frames instead of making completely new animations.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Years
Here's my work:
9zUgMhB.png
X4TZ0gi.png
YNWCqLu.png
3pAIool.png
m0FliYb.png
ThyCSYs.png
oQAS6Oc.png
alcECYZ.png
2Co0l8U.png
ALfC3in.png
JefZX2H.png

NIJNXhf.png
CaLpX9o.png
eEA3owr.png
dGtUn5Z.png
sGrDQnC.png
TnQT4Nu.png
06iLxET.png
rZS6uYb.png
DSYtGCq.png
4zqi39w.png
Bc92qfA.png
kMXf6Ge.png

Some of the new icons are almost identical to the old ones so I polished them and ported the old second frames instead of making completely new animations.

Those look fine thank you! Accepted!

Heya~ I made these and was thinking to do more if these would pass your quality check.
d47ZLFr.png

DywEJHk.png

I'm not so sure about their palettes though. The Sugimori artworks I have here were from PLDH and I think their quite less saturated than yours? :)

EDIT: I wasn't sure where to post this one. Can't decide whether it belongs in the Gen VI thread or here but I decided to post it here since it uses Sugimori Palettes.
zd7TuD9.png

I only retouched the front sprites but the backsprites, I made from scratch except the head. Let's be honest, the current one doesn't look good. Btw, ignore the second frame. I haven't edited it yet. Added second frame. :)

EDIT: I also did Alakazam. It also uses Sugimori Palettes. 90% made from scratch (I took the head off from here and modified it.) I made two since I can't decide if the one with bigger spoons or smaller spoons look better. Also, if anyone would like to make an improvement, I'm willing to send the bases of this sprite, bacause, I actually sprited this one by parts in separate layers. Oh and I'm not too fond of his beard. I think it's less fluffy and textureless. I'm not good at those. Especially shading. I just begun spriting again though.
IvXyPFq.png

EDIT: Here's Mega Sceptile who was a great pain in the ass to draw. Especially that freaky Christmas tree tail. Again, if anyone has suggestions on how to draw this better, I've got a layered base of every part of this sprite so feel free to tell me. :)
whYhbXc.png

I'm planning to do everyone's backsprites after I finish Mega Blaziken and Mega Swampert. :)

I do like Servine I'll accept that. I've already done Pignite, haven't uploaded it yet though.

I like the Mega Blastoise back sprite too though I will probably edit it a bit more.

I like your Mega Alakazam sprite too and will use that as a basis.

While I think you've done a good job with Mega Sceptile I'm not sold on the pose.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Those look fine thank you! Accepted!

I do like Servine I'll accept that. I've already done Pignite, haven't uploaded it yet though.

I like the Mega Blastoise back sprite too though I will probably edit it a bit more.

I like your Mega Alakazam sprite too and will use that as a basis.

While I think you've done a good job with Mega Sceptile I'm not sold on the pose.
Oh. I just fixed Mega Sceptile a bit. :/
Spoiler:

I'll try to think of something else for the pose then. Hmm... Do you prefer his pose like that from it's official art (back facing towards the player)?

MrDollSteak

Years
Oh. I just fixed Mega Sceptile a bit. :/
Spoiler:

I'll try to think of something else for the pose then. Hmm... Do you prefer his pose like that from it's official art (back facing towards the player)?

I would probably just base it off the Sceptile sprite from here, just so that it ends up being the same size relative to the original one.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
unfortunately, i don't have second frames for these, but i thought i should submit them anyways because imo the sigilyph sprite in chaos rush's thread is quite bad (i made these myself):
zTp4eH4.png

and with original colours, if anyone needs them:
j0IkiPT.png

Back