• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Additionally, each Pokémon has different stats, and theirs aren't the same. If you think that Emolga has flawed HP stats, I would recommend that you EV train it for HP stats so that they can be as high as your liking. The moves that the defending Pokémon is using may be super effective on Emolgas. If so, I would recommend using another Pokémon.
How do you EV train?

I could use another, I can use Bisharp or Chandelure, but I already have a ghost (Jellicent) and a dark type (Hydreigon).

Plus I wanna keep Volcarona and Emolga together. <--- Sorry personal preference. XD

Woobat

Koromori
Years

How do you EV train?

I could use another, I can use Bisharp or Chandelure, but I already have a ghost (Jellicent) and a dark type (Hydreigon).

Plus I wanna keep Volcarona and Emolga together. <--- Sorry personal preference. XD
If you want to learn how to EV train, I would suggest reading this Serebii article the guide Starrodkirby posted (it's right here on the forums). But it's best to EV train an untouched Pokemon, because anything you've already used in battle already has EVs on it.

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
Years

How do you EV train?

You should read the EV Training Guide for the best areas to train off for EV's, and what other steps you need to do as well.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6524881&postcount=6

Follow the instructions there and you'll be A-OK. :)

Starrodkirby86

Das Kirby
Years
There's a similar Electric type that's pretty awesome in my eyes...

That fellow is Galvantula. Make sure it has the ability Compoundeyes, then pair it up with Thunder. Ohoho, now you have an overpowered Electric move that's 91% accurate. I guess you have free reign on whatever other moves you want to exploit out of it. Bug Buzz is pretty cool. :p

rstevenson1976

The Eevee-Loution Master
Years
dream world blues

I want to try the dream world so I went to the pokemon website and created an account. I login go to the global link then try to go to the dream world. it says I need a trainer account and tells me if I already have one then I have to log in from the main page. I do and return to the global link just to start all over again. wash rinse repeat, what the hell? am I missing something? I was going to post this in the main forum but I figured it would just get directed here with a warning anyway.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
I have a Wi-Fi related question. Whenever I try to trade over Wi-Fi (swapping friend codes and stuff), about half the time I experience problems in the Wi-Fi room which result in the inability to trade. For example: When I "request a trade" and someone contacts me, the game will inform me of this (like normal), yet instead of taking me to the trade screen, the game simply waits about 30 seconds and then displays the message "[Insert trainer name here] failed to respond." This even happens when I try to talk to the person and also when they are requesting a trade. Normally this can be fixed by one person(or both) exiting and reentering the Wi-Fi room. However, when swapping eggs today myself and another trader were unable to initiate a trade even after exiting and reentering the Wi-Fi room multiple times. This has never happened to me in Gen IV.

So, after all that

Has anyone else been experiencing this problem?

If so, does anyone know how to fix or at least avoid it?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
If I were to replace Emolga, who would ine recommend I use? I already Gothitelle who knows Thunderbolt and Volcarona who knows Fly. (but I wanna keep em together).
Imo best Unova electric type is Eelektross. You don't have to worry about ground attacks (like with Emolga) it has great stats even though you'd need to work on its speed.
So I think Eelektross would be suitable for you ;)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I want to try the dream world so I went to the pokemon website and created an account. I login go to the global link then try to go to the dream world. it says I need a trainer account and tells me if I already have one then I have to log in from the main page. I do and return to the global link just to start all over again. wash rinse repeat, what the hell? am I missing something? I was going to post this in the main forum but I figured it would just get directed here with a warning anyway.

Good idea posting here :)

On the left side, if you wait a bit (kinda loads slow), you'll see a menu that appears, which lists "type your username" and password, or something along those lines (this is in global link btw), and login from there, you'll be auto-logged into the DW for that session. Kinda confusing but yeah :(

Years
I'm fighting litwick (gives 1 special attack EV) to increase my solosis' special attack stat, but its not strong enough to defeat litwicks on its own so I gave it an exp share and fought using dewott. Do both dewott and solosis receive 1 EV or do they receive 1/2 each? Also if I DON'T have exp share and I switch pkmn in the middle of the battle do both receive full EVs or split EVs?

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Your Dewott and Solosis will get 1 Sp. Atk EV each for each Litwick (and Elgyem, btw) you defeat while Solosis is holding the Exp. Share. It's the same with switching out afaik.

LuckyLux

Look at my glowing eyes......
Years
I'm not sure if this question has already been asked, but, is it possible to migrate 5th gen pokemon to a 4th gen game? I read somewhere it was.......but wouldn't a 4th gen game not have the data of 5th gen pokemon?
I'm confused....... Thanks =)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm not sure if this question has already been asked, but, is it possible to migrate 5th gen pokemon to a 4th gen game? I read somewhere it was.......but wouldn't a 4th gen game not have the data of 5th gen pokemon?
I'm confused....... Thanks =)

Nope, sadly it's impossible. :x It only works from gen 4 > gen 5.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Anyone know where I can buy a National Pokedex book for the games? I got the special edition guide book but it only has the generation 5 Pokemon in the Pokedex. I need a book that shows locations of the other Pokemon. I know I need to beat the Pokemon League first, but I need to know where there all at after I beat the league.

Years
Another question (sorry if I have too many questiuns)

If I were to battle the Champion with my new team (I can't now because I have two that are not at level 70 yet) and he brings out his Volcarona and I brought out my Hydreigon.. who would go first?

I ask because with my old team, I was able to beat it with my Sesmitoad with surf. But when I did him again, it actually BEAT me. and I'm WATER! It's always beaten my Semsitoad mostly because of speed and stuff and I always have to switch to Emboar to finish the job.

For me new team, I don't want a repeat of what happens to my water Pokemon. So I won't bring out Jellicent but rather Hydreigon since I was able to beat Cheren's Haxous with her because she was faster. But I want to know if Hydreigon's speed is better than Volcarona's. If it is.. then I have a better chance of OHKOing it.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Another question (sorry if I have too many questiuns)

If I were to battle the Champion with my new team (I can't now because I have two that are not at level 70 yet) and he brings out his Volcarona and I brought out my Hydreigon.. who would go first?

I ask because with my old team, I was able to beat it with my Sesmitoad with surf. But when I did him again, it actually BEAT me. and I'm WATER! It's always beaten my Semsitoad mostly because of speed and stuff and I always have to switch to Emboar to finish the job.

For me new team, I don't want a repeat of what happens to my water Pokemon. So I won't bring out Jellicent but rather Hydreigon since I was able to beat Cheren's Haxous with her because she was faster. But I want to know if Hydreigon's speed is better than Volcarona's. If it is.. then I have a better chance of OHKOing it.

Hydreigon has a base speed of 98, while Volcarona has a base speed of 100. Have you been EV training your Hydreigon in speed, or just treating him like a normal Pokemon? I'm not quite sure how trainer EVs work, but I suspect that if you have it EV trained in speed it will go first despite the 2 point difference.

FangedFreak

Ace Trainer
Years
I was in Dream World the other day, and when i quit i sent Mareep to Entralink, i went in but he wasn't there. Today i got Nidoran (Male) and just sent him to Entralink, Nidoran is there, but mareep still isnt.. What's wrong?

Mareep is showing up as sent in my DW House on the Board

EDIT: Thanks Toujours but yeh i checked every "room" so to speak.. still nothing :(

Last edited:
Years

Hydreigon has a base speed of 98, while Volcarona has a base speed of 100. Have you been EV training your Hydreigon in speed, or just treating him like a normal Pokemon? I'm not quite sure how trainer EVs work, but I suspect that if you have it EV trained in speed it will go first despite the 2 point difference.
I didn't know about EV training until yesterday but I have been grinding it. I looked it up now and at level 79 it's speed is 226. I don't know what that translates to. As long as I go first before the Volcarona does then it's fine since my Hydreigon has Earthquake.

Years
Anyone know where I can buy a National Pokedex book for the games? I got the special edition guide book but it only has the generation 5 Pokemon in the Pokedex. I need a book that shows locations of the other Pokemon. I know I need to beat the Pokemon League first, but I need to know where there all at after I beat the league.
well, you could use serebii, bulbapedia, or veekun instead of a book. i dont think there is a book with the locations for the national dex, especially since most of the pokemon from other regions need to be transferred through dppt or hgss. i think the first edition book shows the available pre-unova pokemon on the after-E4 routes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back