• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriter's Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
Here's a sprite I made not to long ago-
2zpmtte.png

Not one of my best, but I think it turned out ok.... It's a sprite of Scrafty and Cubone.... Sorry bout the white background.... If anyone can help with that, let me know....

You can remove the White background with most photoshop based programs, paint can't do it but if you have Paint.NET it can, you use the magical tool (Wand) and set the % in the ribbon to 0% and hold shift while clicking on the background then press Delete and all white will disappear all you have to do then it use the fill tool (Paint Bucket) on the spots where you need white, mainly in eyes.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
A removed item from Terraria. Redone just for fun.
soulscytheredo_zpsce24e0f9.png

I guess it's OK, but I need to get reacquainted with pixel art. Might do some pixel-overs of some things.

I like it, but you could try experimenting more with shading in my opinion. :) To perhaps make the rainbow colours blend more seamlessly, why not try using methods such as dithering? This would be very useful when you go from colours like the pink to the purple pretty quickly. Additionally, you could make the outlines a bit darker in places to define them a bit more, and perhaps add more highlights and darker shades to give a greater sense of realism. I noticed on the lower end of the handle for instance it is very light. I do like the palette you used though, and it definitely has a lot of potential. :)

I have some sprites I wouldn't mind critiquing. :) What are your opinions of these? Completely custom by using some X/Y screenshots as a reference. :)
ZYqKpdV.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
I have some sprites I wouldn't mind critiquing. :) What are your opinions of these? Completely custom by using some X/Y screenshots as a reference. :)
ZYqKpdV.png

I like them, but there are small anatomy problems. I'm mainly talking about the forelegs which are a pixel or two too short imo. They should also be shaped like an V, so that Sylveon's feet go together. Kinda hard to explain sorry >_> Not much else to criticise though, all in all good job :)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I like them, but there are small anatomy problems. I'm mainly talking about the forelegs which are a pixel or two too short imo. They should also be shaped like an V, so that Sylveon's feet go together. Kinda hard to explain sorry >_> Not much else to criticise though, all in all good job :)

No problem, thanks for all the anatomy tips. :) I'll work on it now. ^^

Your style is so distinctive; I love it. :D The only apparent issues I can see is the "hair" on the second sprite. I think the dithering is used too much here (kinda hypocritical since I have a tendency to overuse dithering a lot in some places too. xD) Also in the sprite, her left hand seems significantly smaller then her right hand, and the right hand seems a little.... off? I can't put my finger on it. They all look very nice though. :D

kind of new to spriting, not the best with shading...
any advice ?
Thnx :)

If you're trying to capture that Pokemon look, generally the Pokemon have big(ger) heads and more pronounced features. Try making the first one's head a little bigger. By doing this you can make features like its eyes and snout a lot more detailed. I also see quite a few jagged outlines, so I'd work on smoothing out the outlines too. The same goes for the second sprite. Also, on both I'm not a massive fan of the fin, mainly because it looks a bit like cardboard atm. xD Perhaps try looking into anti-aliasing? Here's a tutorial I quickly found here. You could also try experimenting with a different palette for the second one to make it look a bit more unique. :) As a new spriter though, these are pretty good! :D A lot better than my first sprites, that's for sure. xD The best place to start is by looking at official sprites and trying to emulate their kind of style and then going from there in my opinion. :)

Last edited:

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
Years
Hey there, guys!

I'm back with more sprites. I've been practicing lately and getting some advice from some of my friends on deviantART. They gave me some tips and tried to apply them to this sprite. It's the generic rodent for my region, Pimouse. What do you think?

pimouse%20sprite.png

Alumens

Dreamer
Years
Ok so, I'm not sure if this is inactive or not but since this is the only Pixel Art thread I found, here it goes
Basically I tried to make a sprite for the very first time. Not from scratch, I took some parts there, edited a few things here...

Basically I used this as a base
Sprite Erich base.png

And I turned it into this
FODASSE.png

I tried to make it look like this
Erich.png

But there are some details I couldn't do such as his moustache. I really struggle making these small details.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
This thread has been inactive for several years, and revival after such a long period of time isn't allowed. Feel free to remake the thread though, I'm sure people would still like to use something like this ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back