• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Infraction system information and questions

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I'm pretty sure you'd need the full 10 infractions (red) to provoke that 3-month ban. Generally staff tends to stop giving warnings [edit: and default to infractions] once someone's accumulated so many anyway, though, unless it's over a very long time in which case...

The system automatically bans you after 20 points but if it were over a really long time, you could probably appeal it and the hstaff would look over your case to see if you deserve a second chance. Usually if it's at that point, though, the person should really know better, but if they're usually a really good member and they've just slipped up enough times over many years, it's not unheard of for leniency to be shown. Generally by that time they should just know better though.

(Points are only given out if there's an actual infraction applied and after so many years and enough warnings/infractions, there's really no reason someone shouldn't know the rules or shouldn't know to be careful of what they say/do if they're prone to controversial posts.)

Last edited:

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Thanks for the clarification, Lightning. I'm not personally at risk for it imo, but I was curious about how it works in general.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
So is cussing worthy of an infraction or not? Because I'm upset that I was infracted for asking someone I thought was trolling if they were spewing diearhia and got an infraction yet I see mods cussing and I have a problem with that. If cussing is acceptable ok, but for me to be infracted over someone so sensitive and trivial is mind bogging if cussing is ok...

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
So is cussing worthy of an infraction or not? Because I'm upset that I was infracted for asking someone I thought was trolling if they were spewing diearhia and got an infraction yet I see mods cussing and I have a problem with that. If cussing is acceptable ok, but for me to be infracted over someone so sensitive and trivial is mind bogging if cussing is ok...

You were infracted for 'disrespect', not swearing. Swearing is only an offense on this site if you avoid the auto-censoring (****) or if you direct your swearing at a person in an aggressive or offensive manner.

This has already been explained to you.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
Ok so asking a question without profanity in a mature way is infraction worthy. Got it, wait no I don't.

I think it's ****ing stupid that I was infracted and fail to see how I was more impolite than someone coming in my thread using immature language,

Buy once again your welcome for breathing life into a dying thread.;)

Years
Instead of coming into this thread and constantly complaining about your infraction, have you tried negotiating over private message with the staff member that infracted you instead of bringing the issue to the public?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
If you can't see why you got infracted (and why it was considered disrespectful), then that's a serious problem. I suspect even the most lenient moderators would have infracted you if they saw that because I certainly would have.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
I can't understand this community and the fine line between being polite and asking a question. Surely evryone here is that sensitive and someone out there has to agree that what I did does not warrant an infraction.

Yeah I tried talkingn to the mod who infracted me but that's pointless his mind is made.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
If you truly disagree with the infraction, forward it to the attention of a higher staff member via PM. They'll discuss it and determine what to do with it in HQ. Just state that you'd like it to be reviewed. But considering the way you reacted, I'm inclined to believe that they won't reverse it.

Bestintheworld

Capo de tutti capo
Years
How I reacted? How have I reacted I haven't cursed at anybody or yelled. I'm obviously displeased yes. But all I've been doing is asking questions and trying to discuss it so I can understand. That doesn't break any rules to my knowledge. And you might be the bigger reason I'm infracted. People like you who accept things the way they are and don't stand up for yourself. That's wrong, I'm not wrong trying to defend myself and when 20 different ppl are weighing in all basically doing what ur doing or opposing me it's an unequal fight and of course I'm going to look like a bad guy. But I'm not I'm asking questions my parents taught me to defend myself and that's all I'm doing. Professionally and maturely if you can't see that your not comprehending my comments correctly.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
There's a difference between defending yourself and beating a dead horse, though. Besides, what does this matter anyway? Is an infraction on a Pokemon forum really hurting your pride or something? It's not going to matter in the large scheme of things. I commend you for defending yourself, but you've gotten to a point where it's only digging a grave for yourself and furthering reasons to keep your infraction. Your posts "defending yourself" and such have been disrespectful, and as far as I'm concerned, defending yourself shouldn't require tearing other people down.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
How I reacted? How have I reacted I haven't cursed at anybody or yelled. I'm obviously displeased yes. But all I've been doing is asking questions and trying to discuss it so I can understand. That doesn't break any rules to my knowledge. And you might be the bigger reason I'm infracted. People like you who accept things the way they are and don't stand up for yourself. That's wrong, I'm not wrong trying to defend myself and when 20 different ppl are weighing in all basically doing what ur doing or opposing me it's an unequal fight and of course I'm going to look like a bad guy. But I'm not I'm asking questions my parents taught me to defend myself and that's all I'm doing. Professionally and maturely if you can't see that your not comprehending my comments correctly.

LISTEN DUDE.
You have said the same thing on every single thread that involves the word staff.
****ing PM the staff member that infracted you, talk about it maturely through PM where the whole public doesn't have to see and quit downgrading every single member for what something one staff member did which you were probably in the wrong for.

Or, screen shot the report and the post and then just ask about it rather than make a big deal without backing up your point.

Seriously, dude. This is getting annoying seeing you in all these threads.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
You got an infraction you didn't agree with and used this thread to complain about it, then turned around and accused members of the staff of hypocrisy for doing the exact same thing you did when that isn't the case at all.

You continued to point fingers at people who were apparently rule breaking who were also members of staff in a public feedback thread and when that didn't work you criticized the system that's been in place since the site's inception and is actually pretty reliable and unbias.

But because you disagree with your infraction (which even I can see why you were infracted for it, and when I was on staff I rarely disciplined members), something is clearly wrong on their end, rather than on your end.

You did not just simply ask and try to understand the reason you were infracted. That is why the higher staff likely won't go for it.

I suggest, in the future, if you are going to post something ask yourself "Is this how I would talk to someone I care about?" and use that to determine whether you should post what it is you're about to post, because you clearly can't take the consequence.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 20, 2018
I have a warning which expires in four months, and while I'm not saying anything about the warning itself, I was just curious: why do warnings have expiration dates? They aren't worth any points, so I would think they wouldn't be active or expired.

Years
I have a warning which expires in four months, and while I'm not saying anything about the warning itself, I was just curious: why do warnings have expiration dates? They aren't worth any points, so I would think they wouldn't be active or expired.
It's a case of it's just how the system is. True that they're not worth any points, but they're still tied directly to whatever infraction they mirror (it's just a button click that makes the difference between a warning and an infraction), so whatever else the infraction has, the warning would as well. It's...basically just a points-less infraction, so.

Back