• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Nature's Gift

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Smell

Doof-Man
Years
Pokémon: Nature's Gift - Beta 0.1 Available!

Titlescreen1.png

Intro1.png

Hi! My name is The Smell, Elliott in real life. I am 15 years old, and enjoy Tennis, Computers, Pokémon, Guitar Hero and Piano. There are probably more things, but I can't think of any right now. I started at PokéCommunity in around 2004, this account wasn't made until 2006 as you can see. I found out about the Pokémon Essentials Starter Kit a long time ago as well, but went in-active for a long time. This is my first major game that I hope can appeal to an audience of Game Lovers. :) I hope that cleared up anything you may have wanted to ask.

Overview1.png

Pokémon: Nature's Gift is the first RPG Maker XP version of the popular Rescue Rangers (by destinedjagold) play on Mystery Dungeon. The main change that comes with this is that you play as a Pokémon. In this case, you will play as Treecko, a swift grass-type Pokémon. Other Pokémon are sure to join you on your adventure. I hope you enjoy playing this once it has been released!

Storyline1.png

Geeko the Treecko found he had a special gift after rescuing a defenseless Wurmple from a local forest. He had the power to create mother nature's objects such as vegetation and land. A suspicious duo of Trapinch were digging in the forest. As they pushed Geeko away, suddenly their work was none. After the PokéWatch, a group that protect the land and Pokémon from harm, heard of Geeko's amazing bravery, they invited him to join their group. As he wanders over the Region of Safara, he will find many amazing things. But not all of them will be good, an evil lurks in the shadows, an evil that hates all things nature and loves all things barren... Will Geeko be able to hold them off to find the source of his powers and unlock their secret? Or will the fearless nature-haters take you down first? It's up to you to control his adventure...

Features1.png

DotPoint.png
The ability to play as Geeko the Treecko, a young Pokémon off on an adventure to unlock the secrets of his newly found gift.
DotPoint.png
A huge region, Safara, containing many caves, forests and other puzzles to pass through!
DotPoint.png
Take on the evil Pokémon group, the Badland Bandits!

Screens1.png

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Videos1.png

Spoiler:

Downloads1.png

Beta 0.1 - No Music

Credits1.png

DotPoint.png
Poccil - The Pokémon Essentials Starter Kit
DotPoint.png
Kyledove - His D/P/Pt. tiles
DotPoint.png
destinedjagold - Rescue Rangers (my inspiration)
DotPoint.png
The Spriters Resource - Mystery Dungeon sprites
DotPoint.png
Chesu - Many inventive ideas :)

Supporting1.png

Show your support with one of these signature images!

Microbar1.png

Code:
[/COLOR][COLOR="black"]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff39/PokeSmell/Natures%20Gift/Microbar1.png[/COLOR]

Userbar.png

Code:
[/COLOR][COLOR="black"]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff39/PokeSmell/Natures%20Gift/Userbar.png[/COLOR]

Thank you all!

Last edited:

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
pretty well put together, I like it I'll be watching closely. Are you using that Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Starter kit but with the DPPt tiles. It'd be pretty cool to see pokemon in people houses lol

The Smell

Doof-Man
Years
No, I'm using the normal Pokémon Essentials engine. :) If you've seen Rescue Rangers, you'll know what I'm talking about. Only this time, I'm trying to make it more realistic, like erasing the trainer backsprite sequence so the first Pokémon is out straight away. :) Thanks for the comment!

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Nice idea. I like e plot. There is one thing that you should do though. Rename the
Anti-Nature Tribe. Other than that this seems like a great idea. Good luck with this project.

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
I don't have any suggestions because I don't really know much about the tribe, sorry.

ScizorZ

ROAR I"M A TACO!
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
Well a good name could be to convert Anti-Nature to Latin Greek or another awesome ancient language and see if it's good enough. Like in my game the team is Team Sanguis or Latin for Blood

The Smell

Doof-Man
Years
The Badland Bandits! That sounds awesome! Definitely a PMD style name too! Thanks a bunch, Chesu. :)

I've put some vague Screenshots up. I hope to have a Video soon too! :)

Last edited:

The Smell

Doof-Man
Years
Hey all! I need your opinion. I'm thinking about have Wild Pokémon "trainers" if you know what I mean. They will be a trainer, except a Pokémon instead. I'm just wondering whether you guys would like something like that? They will be stronger than the Pokémon in the area, and some may even join you for the journey to the next major area! What do you think?

I also have some more screenshots!

APokWatcher.png

:)
Goodthing.png

Just some thinking dialogue.
Nogoingback.png

You can't go back to Leafern Grounds until you get to the PokéWatcher's camp.
Trainer.png

That's the first route, Ferling Plains!​

The Smell

Doof-Man
Years
Ugh. Do I have to triple post? I guess so, since this is a pretty big update.

I have released Beta 0.1! Since this is such a small playthrough, I have removed ALL music from the game. If you want to know the music that I'm using, all of it will be Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Music. It just suits the game that much more. ;)

The beta ends after Ferling Plains. Be aware that there is nothing to do in Ferling Plains yet, since there are no encounters and I'm having trouble with the Sentret Battle... :P But it should give you an idea of the direction this is going. Also, the battle interface is still in development. I will release a demo soon, so you will hear sound and the like. :) Thanks for looking here guys!

Download here!

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
I like the idea but I don't think I will play it.
I just don't think it will be that good without a overworld battle system.
I recommend trying to make one.

Good luck anyways.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
Hm....Have you thought about using Hg/SS pokemon ow's? they would look better....just a suggestion.

Spira

Programmer for Pokemon Eternity
Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2023
Color me impressed. Definitely one of the few games that has peaked my interest on this forum. I like the unique direction this game takes over the others and the story looks like it could develop well.

I'll definitely keep an eye out.

Hm....Have you thought about using Hg/SS pokemon ow's? they would look better....just a suggestion.
No they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back