• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Steel Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
It's a bit of a demented Pokemon, but then again, all alien Pokemon do. I don't have a clue why I chose pink, goes with the alien theme I guess. As for the little tail, well, it's basically what moves it around. It hasn't got any legs. *Gulp*

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
Don't worry, I'm working on the starter sprites right now. They look pretty... amusing right now.

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
Sorry for double post (I dunno if it's been merged on auto-pilot like it does sometimes), but the starters are almost finished. At least, the sprites anyway. Not the evo's though, they are coming soon.

Years
the game sounds interesting especially the no level thing and new evolution method but i say it is hard to program a game in Unity 3D

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
Finally time to reveal the starters! You know there names, now your about to discover their looks, and details! Be prepared, because tomorrow you will see the second evo's of the trio!

steelv10.png

Vinleef
Type: Grass
Species: Sauropod Pokemon
Ability: Overgrow
Height: 3'08
Weight: 45 Lbs

Scerch
Type: Fire/Flying
Species: Fire Balloon Pokemon
Ability: Blaze
Height: 1'08
Weight: 1 Lb

Mintril
Type: Water
Species: Alien Jellyfish Pokemon
Ability: Torrent
Height: 2'04
Weight: 14 Lbs

Last edited:

Arma

The Hyena
Years
I'm going to be really blunt and rude here, but those sprites look terrible.
Did you base 'em of some concept art? or did you just open paint and started drawing? Please look at some spriting tutorials, or at least at the official sprites for some guidelines...

You claim to have 5 years of experience in game-development, you must be able to see that those sprites are sub-par, right?

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
I'm going to be really blunt and rude here, but those sprites look terrible.
Did you base 'em of some concept art? or did you just open paint and started drawing? Please look at some spriting tutorials, or at least at the official sprites for some guidelines...

You claim to have 5 years of experience in game-development, you must be able to see that those sprites are sub-par, right?

I know they are terrible, but I can't sprite, and since no one else seems to want the job, someone's gotta do it right? I use these as a template for the models, so if they look bad, the models might not.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I know they are terrible, but I can't sprite, and since no one else seems to want the job, someone's gotta do it right? I use these as a template for the models, so if they look bad, the models might not.

Well, the fact that I can't see what they're suppose to be, makes me have huuuuge doubts for the models.
How good are you at modelling?

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
I'm alright. I could be 100 times better, but I've only just got the beginning stuff done.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
In these cases it might just be better to provide a sketch, or even just some descriptions on how they'd look like... You aren't making any good impressions with this...

Btw, are you sure adding fakemon is a smart idea? You think youll be able to design, model , and balance out an entire region worth of Pokemon? modeling the existing ones already seems more than a huge challenge to me.

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
In these cases it might just be better to provide a sketch, or even just some descriptions on how they'd look like... You aren't making any good impressions with this...

Btw, are you sure adding fakemon is a smart idea? You think youll be able to design, model , and balance out an entire region worth of Pokemon? modeling the existing ones already seems more than a huge challenge to me.

That's why I'm debating whether I should do it with Unity. Longer. It could take 10 years. I could just add the fakemon, but I'm planning to only add around 50. Excluding the 17 legends that are going to be introduced.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
You could add a few pokemon and a few fakemon, you dont have to add everything, you could make it so you cant catch pokemon, you just get them, or like in Colosseum and XD where you only have a limited number to catch

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
You could add a few pokemon and a few fakemon, you dont have to add everything, you could make it so you cant catch pokemon, you just get them, or like in Colosseum and XD where you only have a limited number to catch

I could. I'm going to have real Poke's in there though, so no worries there. Believe it or not, the game is getting a revamp. A fairly large one. There is a new storyline, and more to come.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
I could. I'm going to have real Poke's in there though, so no worries there. Believe it or not, the game is getting a revamp. A fairly large one. There is a new storyline, and more to come.
Ah that's nice to hear. Also, try to make sure you get your planning and priorities straight. You should look up on things as scrum or MoSCoW. Don't be over-ambitious. You should work first on more important things like the engine, or the new battle-system. The sprites you showed can't be more important than those things.

Leikaru said:
It could take ten years.
If you admit it is that much work, don't you agree with me that this isn't the right path to take?

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years

Thats cool, good luck!
but all im saying is if you limit the number of pokemon the player could get, it makes it easier to go about making sprites.

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
Ah that's nice to hear. Also, try to make sure you get your planning and priorities straight. You should look up on things as scrum or MoSCoW. Don't be over-ambitious. You should work first on more important things like the engine, or the new battle-system. The sprites you showed can't be more important than those things.

If you admit it is that much work, don't you agree with me that this isn't the right path to take?

When you see the update, you'll see what's different from this to the other game. The battle system remains, however, it will not be 3D sadly. :'( I had to kinda screw that idea 'cause it could take a darn long time otherwise.

Thats cool, good luck!
but all im saying is if you limit the number of pokemon the player could get, it makes it easier to go about making sprites.

Yeah, I will, don't worry. Some are practically impossible to get. However, there is a way to get them.

Also, guys, this will even be getting a name change. New Name: Pokemon Lunar. Please, if there is already a game that has this name, or you think it's a copy, it's not a copy at all. Sorry, but I'm no copier. You just want to keep an idea for yourself. As Mufasa would say, "MUFASA!" (That's actually a Pokemon in the game. It's awesome).

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
Welcoming Wylet, a new Pokemon that shall appear in Pokemon Lunar!
wylet10.png

Species: Poison Snake Pokemon
Ability: Intimidate
Type: Dark/Poison
Entry: It's glare can sometimes be enough to paralyze people. It also has been seen spitting out venom that's strength is the equivalent of 200 Ekans'.
Signature moves: Death Glare - Paralyzes opponent.
Venom Spit - Paralyzes opponent. Power = 80. Accuracy = 95

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
Excuse me for the double post, but I just realized I haven't posted in here for a while. Anyway, the game's new storyline is done, and also, a few Fakemon are fully planned, and ready to be sprited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back