• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Weekly Anim? Discussion #382: Once in a Mawile!

Blaze

Shine On~
Years
I actually liked this episode, I thought that even though it was more of a filler type it still had some depth to it.

It was worthy of my viewing ;P

Years
Was it me or did the animation look different somehow? It was also interesting that Lombre stole a water stone to evolve into a Ludicolo.:\

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
Years
This episode was alright. I was looking forward to seeing Mawile, and Corpish is always good for a laugh. However, it did have some things that bugged me.

Meh, Mawile is one of my favorite pokemon. I just felt that making its personality into an extremely girly/flirty/ribbon-waving lovesick pokemon was... I dunno... wrong. It's a deceptive pokemon that's a steel-type and it can learn some very strong dark attacks too. I know pokemon are like animals in that they all have different personalities, but I would think that a debut for a pokemon should showcase its usual nature.

Now, as for Lombre and Corphish, they were fun to watch. I just wish they could have gotten Lombre to look a little more animated. I mean, all this stuff was happening to him, and he just... sat there with the same expression for most of it. I know the guy's a little slow, but he's not Psyduck. And even that dim-witted pokemon has expression at appropriate parts. Corphish was cute. Poor guy though... he didn't get the girl.

Brock... oh Brock... why is watching you so painful nowadays?? -_- I used to find his girl-flirting antics amusing, but after so many years, it just gets... kinda stale. I don't like it when he tries to force pokemon to get the girl either... you'd think that Brock would be respectful of a pokemon's feelings and private matters. I mean, if this is what he acts like when pokemon like/don't like each other... what kind of a breeder will he be? Oh well, at least he got to do something. ^-^

Team Rocket, of course, did nothing really of conseqence in this episode. They really need to make a few more Rocket-centered episodes, I crave those like I crave pizza on Friday nights! ;_;

You know what DoubleWide? I would have been reeeeeallly ticked off if some person's Lombre stole my Water Stone. Those things are rare! As for the animation... I don't really remember. Sometimes it seems a bit funny-looking. *shrug*

Lastly, on a lighter note, was anyone else a bit surprised that Ash had like no reaction to his Corphish being thrown by Mawile's jaws about 2 miles away? Maybe he was looking at May's chest at the time and wondering how her parents have managed to keep the secret that she's really 13? XD

I give this episode a 6/10.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention... why on Earth did 4Kids decide to have Eric Stuart voice Ludicolo?! O_O It sounds like Brock is talking to himself! Only, it would be a Brock that smoked for about 5 years and thought he was a Ludicolo... but it would still be Brock. It's just... weird to have a pokemon with the same voice actor as their trainer. *coughForretresscough*

Last edited:

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
Years
Seeing Mawhile abuse my favorite water Pokemon Corphish gave me a grudge on the evil plant! Just like Toto hates Misty because she hit her favorite Pokeboy..
Brock... oh Brock... why is watching you so painful nowadays?? -_- I used to find his girl-flirting antics amusing, but after so many years, it just gets... kinda stale
I agree, she wasn't even that incredible-looking and I know when the girl is a good looking girl. I just thought having both green turq eyes AND hair was a little too much. Times like this I wish we had our "NeoOriginal" Pokemon again instead of this crab. Or was it how crabby 4kids did in this episode.
One thing
WHY OH WHY DIDN'T THEY SHOW BROCK'S PARADISE PERFORMANCE!!!!1111
T_T I loved that song soooooo much!

Back