• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaos

Pokémaniac
Years
Hey there everyone got a quick question, that I can't find a definitive answer on. I've checked Bulbapedia etc, I might just be blind though so please don't crucify me if the answer is incredibly simplistic.

Part 1a: Can I trade Eggs from Emerald to FR/LG?
Part 1b: If so, Will it work for getting a Pichu that knows Volt Tackle?

I ask because I'm working on building a team that I'm going to be battling a few people with, and a Pikachu with Volt Tackle is just...necessary. I know I can't breed volt tackle on FR, even with a lightball, which is why I ask. (I don't want to go through the tedious task of loading up my emerald rom and spending hours in the safari zone to get a pikachu with a lightball, if I can't trade the egg etc)

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2021
Open the back, pry off the prong gently so it's not deformed, take battery out, get new one, put the new battery in, put the prong back (electrical tape it if necessary), ??????, profit.

Shiny

monster tamer streamer
Years
Yes, you can trade eggs from Emerald to LG/FR, but I think you may need to use Pokemon Box or whatever that gamecube game was. I'm not sure if you can trade eggs like other pokemon through union rooms and such.

And for the second part, I belive it will, as I see no reason why it wouldn't.

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years
So I have a question I've been wondering. I looked this all up on Bulbapedia, but I want to confirm I'm correct. I'm currently doing an Ultimate Solo Challenge with Weedle, and I'm soon going to start Emerald. Weedle cannot be caught at the start of Emerald like he can in Gen 1/2. Since I don't have a way to hack Emerald, the only ways I can get Weedle at the start of the game are by trading one, or using an emulator (I would very much like to avoid using an emulator for this, I play the game a lot away from home). But, if I trade I have to use an egg since I don't want it to gain traded experience. I think I have a way to trade between games that will bypass the trade restrictions.

Does this idea work:

Get the National Pokedex on LeafGreen.
Acquire the Ruby and the Sapphire on LeafGreen, to unlock the Network Machine.
Breed to make a Weedle egg on LeafGreen.
Trade the egg to a Colosseum file where the player has defeated Evice.
From there, trade the egg to a brand-new file on Emerald.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
So I have a question I've been wondering. I looked this all up on Bulbapedia, but I want to confirm I'm correct. I'm currently doing an Ultimate Solo Challenge with Weedle, and I'm soon going to start Emerald. Weedle cannot be caught at the start of Emerald like he can in Gen 1/2. Since I don't have a way to hack Emerald, the only ways I can get Weedle at the start of the game are by trading one, or using an emulator (I would very much like to avoid using an emulator for this, I play the game a lot away from home). But, if I trade I have to use an egg since I don't want it to gain traded experience. I think I have a way to trade between games that will bypass the trade restrictions.

Does this idea work:

Get the National Pokedex on LeafGreen.
Acquire the Ruby and the Sapphire on LeafGreen, to unlock the Network Machine.
Breed to make a Weedle egg on LeafGreen.
Trade the egg to a Colosseum file where the player has defeated Evice.
From there, trade the egg to a brand-new file on Emerald.

Pokémon eggs cannot be traded to Pokémon Colosseum. I suggest getting Pokémon Box, transferring the egg from LeafGreen, then transferring it to Emerald from there.

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years
Pokémon eggs cannot be traded to Pokémon Colosseum. I suggest getting Pokémon Box, transferring the egg from LeafGreen, then transferring it to Emerald from there.

Hm, I didn't know that. I guess I'll have to find Box then, thanks.

EDIT: According to Bulbapedia, you have to get 100 pokemon in the pokedex before you can withdraw any pokemon you didn't deposit (on Pokemon Box). I guess then I'm stuck with trade experience or an emulator?

vaporeon7

Years
Hm, I didn't know that. I guess I'll have to find Box then, thanks.

EDIT: According to Bulbapedia, you have to get 100 pokemon in the pokedex before you can withdraw any pokemon you didn't deposit (on Pokemon Box). I guess then I'm stuck with trade experience or an emulator?

I guess so, unless at the beginning of the game, you trade from a R/S/E onto Emerald 100 different Hoenn Pokédex Pokémon, thereby having 100 Pokémon on the Pokédex, and allowing you to withdraw it.

Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2014
Milotic Help?

Based on the thread title, the assumption is probably going to be that I was lazy and didn't spend any time googling for the solutions, but my case is a bit tricky and Google wasn't providing me any results. Let me explain.

During the summer I bought a used copy of Emerald and started a playthrough, which I abandoned about halfway through because I got fed up searching for a Feebas, who I was determined to put on my team. A friend of mine generously offered to mail me his copy of Ruby, where he managed to catch many Feebas, so I can trade myself a few, breed them, etc and get to work on a Milotic. Reading up on exactly the best way to do this, I've come across the information that the Pamtre Berry is the best bet, which you can only get by saying 'challenge contest' to the Berry Master's wife...and that you don't get the word 'contest' until you've beaten the Elite 4.

Well, I'd like to get my Milotic in my Emerald file NOW, so getting the berry in Emerald was out of the question. Fortunately I still have my (ancient) copy of Ruby, the save file for which I've never erased...loooong since beaten the Elite 4 numerous times, and have about 250 hours logged into that save file. However, I go to the Berry Master's wife and discover that the word 'contest' is still not in my dictionary. Google isn't giving me much assistance in finding out how to get 'contest', especially since it seems the method is slightly different in Ruby/Sapphire vs. Emerald. Why exactly don't I have this phrase, and what do I need to do to get it?

My other issue is that sadly, the battery for my Ruby cartridge has run dry, meaning time-related events (ex. berry-growing) will no longer occur. I doubt this has anything to do with me being unable to get a phrase, though...it just means I wouldn't be able to grow berries in my Ruby cart. I should be able to get the berry and trade it over to Emerald, though, and plant the berry there...but would this issue possibly be related to the phrase 'contest' not appearing for some reason? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Also, I AM aware that I can use a few other berries (Kelpsy, Cornn, etc) to get a Milotic, but that it's not as easy as a Pamtre. Worst case scenario if I can't get the Pamtre berry, I do have some of those and will try doing it that way, but as far as I know the quality of a Pokeblock is limited when you're blending them solo (which I am). Is it still possible for me to use the other berries by myself and get a Milotic? I'm willing to put the effort into doing it that way, mind you, I just don't want to spend time trying to do something that might be impossible (like if I need to do multiplayer blending).

Sorry for all the questions. It feels like I'm deep in a multi-tiered quest just to get this Milotic, but I'd really like to have one, and I'm just not sure what I should do to make that happen.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If you have the Pamtre berry on Ruby, then you should be fine to trade it to Emerald and plant it on that game, provided the Emerald battery isn't dry either. If you're worried about PokeBlocks coming out the wrong way, perhaps save before blending and then reset if they don't turn out the way you'd like.

Just want to mention, I got a Milotic just fine with a Modest nature and blue Pokeblocks made with Chesto Berries. So, if this whole Pamtre thing doesn't work out, there's still back up for you.

vaporeon7

Years
Just expanding on Syd a bit.

The word contest should be there as the only requirement of getting it is beating the Elite 4. And if you're really worried about making the Pokéblock, you could wait for the Blend Master to come around, and then you will get pretty much perfect Pokéblock every time. If you're worried about the beauty as well, you could save before you feed them and test that it evolves before you save.

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2012
Problem after beating Elite Four

Hi! I have a problem. I am playing to the Leafgreen version. I have already beaten the Elite four (including my rival) 5 times, but if I go to a pokemon center and see the PC at the "Hall of Fame", it is writing that "The HALL OF FAME data is corrupted, and I cant also go into the cave in Cerulean city, the guy always say hat is dangerous and I have to be stronger, should beat the Elite four, but I have already done it! Pls help! I'd like to catch mewtwo, and discover some other places, too. Thank You!

vaporeon7

Years
Hi! I have a problem. I am playing to the Leafgreen version. I have already beaten the Elite four (including my rival) 5 times, but if I go to a pokemon center and see the PC at the "Hall of Fame", it is writing that "The HALL OF FAME data is corrupted, and I cant also go into the cave in Cerulean city, the guy always say hat is dangerous and I have to be stronger, should beat the Elite four, but I have already done it! Pls help! I'd like to catch mewtwo, and discover some other places, too. Thank You!

You need the National Dex to go into Cerulean cave, you get that by talking to Professor Oak after having caught 100 Pokémon on your Pokédex.

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2012
Thanks for you answer, but I do not think so. I have been playing with this for several years, and I always could catch Mewtwo after beating Elite Four, this is the first time. But OK. I give it a try. Don't you have another idea for this problem sir?

vaporeon7

Years
Thanks for you answer, but I do not think so. I have been playing with this for several years, and I always could catch Mewtwo after beating Elite Four, this is the first time. But OK. I give it a try. Don't you have another idea for this problem sir?

Oh and I forgot that you have to get the gems for Celio first as well. The reason for this is because a non-Kanto native Pokémon, Wobbuffet live there.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Okay, I had a question about badges. I'm doing my random challenge in Emerald and had to trade over a Surskit from Sapphire. At Lv11, it stopped obeying me. I thought that Pokemon were able to listen to you up until level 20 if they were traded. Or is that just in the fourth gen and up?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
It's past level 10 then they won't obey you. So make sure to beat Brawly then you won't have to worry about it till it gets to 30.

§1

Rocket grunt
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2022
who/where are all the npcs that trade with you in ruby and LG?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
who/where are all the npcs that trade with you in ruby and LG?
Ruby:
Rusboro City in house near Gym; Trade a Slakoth to get a Makuhita

Fortree City in first tree house nearest Pokemon Center; Trade a Pikachu for to get a Skitty

Pacificlog Town in house just below Pokemon Center; Trade a Bellossom to get a Corsola

Leafgreen:
Route 2 in house; trade an Abra to get Mr. Mime

Route 5 in underground entrance; trade the little girl a female Nidoran to get a male Nidoran

Route 11 gate; Trade a Nidorina to get a Nidorino

Route 18 gate; Trade a Slowbro to get a Lickitung

Cerulean City in house next to Pokemon Center; trade a Poliwhirl to get a Jynx

Vermillion City in house to the right of the Pokemon Fan Club; Trade a Spearow to get a Farfetch'd

Cinnabar Island in building where fossils are revived (there are three trades with three different people in this building);
Old man- Trade a Raichu to get an Electrode
Woman- Trade a Venonat to get a Tangela
Scientist- Trade a Ponyta to get a Seel

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Can I run out of time in the Pal Park catching show?
If so, what happens to the Pokemon that I failed to catch?

Nope, you have unlimited time to catch them. I don't think you can quit whilst playing the game, so you're forced to catch them all. Although if your Ds system turns off you'll end up back at the desk where you saved. I think it would just go back to the start. I haven't played 4th Gen in so long so I don't really know what happens with that part, all I know is, is that you get unlimited time. :)))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back