• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon SunGold & Pokémon MoonSilver

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
I keep getting this error message. Xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_Invalid_Input Please Help!

walnut3072

Quan
Years
What level does poochyena evolve? If anyone has a list of all the evolution changes that would be amazing.
So... Nidorino no longer evolves using a moon stone... I would like my Nindoking please. I'm on Moon Silver most resent download/patch playing on 3DS. Any ideas as to how I can fix this that would be swell.
Nidorino evolves at lv.48 in this hack. Evolution changes are showed in the document.

OK so i just started the game got my starter walk on the grass first encounter magikarp y is a magikarp on land
As I've mentioned, wild encounters are randomized in SunGold.

Hi, this is one of my few times trying to comment (so I may screw this up), but has anyone else had a problem reviving calls on the pokegear? Any calls my player get will display the caller's name in the "call text area", then it will immediately hang up? Is this a bug, or am I simply doing something wrong? Also if I do not respond soon, I do apologize.
First time hearing about this, lol. You can just ignore the call cuz' they don't affect the game much.

Does anyone know why when I try patching the game through xdelta UI and put Sun Gold as the patch and a clean SS rom as source file and try to put the Output File as "Pokemon SunGold" it doesnt work (its on apply patch) and it says " xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT" ;-;
I keep getting this error message. Xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_Invalid_Input Please Help!
Ive tried several US Soul Silver roms in an attempt to get the train going but everyone ive tried has led to crashes when leaving/entering different houses or routes. If anyone could link me to a currently working rom it would be much appreciated. Ive enjoyed the time ive played with this hack!
I recommend using roms from emuparadise. Make sure you patch with the right version: HeartGold with SunGold and SoulSilver with MoonSilver.

walnut3072

Quan
Years
Excellent hack so far, it's different enough from Drayanos' that it feels unique, but still similar enough that you get that feel of a high quality game. I'm up to the seventh Gym Badge in Moon Silver, with over 24 hours on the game. Part of that is due to me RNG'ing for perfect Mons, but still, I have barely put it down. The implementation of Fairy as a type is flawless, and the use of old moves appearances as Fairy moves really made the game (i.e. Synthesis' animation as Purification? Perfect!). Just a couple of things I've noticed though:

-While I understand your reasoning behind many of the changes to the type chart, I didn't have time to completely relearn the weaknesses and resistances, and so re-hacked the hacked hack (hack-ception) to have the Gen 6 type chart. While this isn't so much a con as it is a personal preference, perhaps you could have a "semi-clean" version where the type chart remains the same as Gen 6, and then a full version with your modified type chart.

-A couple of text errors (or inconsistencies) have occurred, particularly with the new moves as TM's and their descriptions, as well as some of the gift Pokemon. Things like Shadow Ball still being named as such in the Battle Frontier, Steam Shower still having Brine's description in the Goldenrod Department Store, confused me to some extent. Also, Bill talked about the Weather Institute before handing me his Eevee. Obviously this is just a carry over from the Drayano hacks, but something to just tidy up the game experience.

-Finally, be careful with changing the EXP groups of Pokemon. While I don't yet have the final Starter Evolutions, while evolving my Scyther into Scizor, the level dropped from 37 to 33, due to the change in EXP groups (I would assume). Perhaps the starters do not perform in this way due to them evolving via level, but non-the-less, just something I have noticed.

While those are a couple of negatives, Moon Silver is by far my favorite HGSS hack I have played, and second to only BB2/VW2 by Drayano in terms of favorite remastered games. Kudos to you, good sir, and I look forward to the challenges ahead as I attempt to finish the game!

Now at the part where I help Lance against Team Rocket, and let me say what is probably my least favorite part about this hack:

The starters.

Don't get me wrong, the buffs to their final evos are awesome and they are really strong, but the amount of time it takes to get them that high is, IMO, ridiculous. I don't mind the wait to level 25 for the first evo, since I usually have that by the 3rd gym. However, the wait from 25 to 46 is just not a good look, especially since by then, you have so many options for Pokemon of those typings that are stronger than your mid evos that you might as well just shelve the starters and use whatever you see fit.

In fact, that's something I noticed through my playthrough so far. My two aces from my team are my Leafeon and Spiritomb. Now, they are good Pokemon and all, but they shine more because, well, everything else is unevolved, and they have the stats to battle my foes on even footing. It's never easy, but at least it feels more in my favor.

If I may make a suggestion, lower the levels to something more reachable. 40-42 is a lot easier to reach than 46, ESPECIALLY if you are nuzlocking, where you need your team as strong and as capable as possible.

Also something to point out, when they evolve to their final evos, they go from 46 to 44. Just throught I'd bring that up.
Feedbacks recieved, thanks. Not all, but I do agree with you guys to some extend. There'll be fixes in my next hack.

So I beat Red some hours ago, and I'll post a video so everyone can see, because he is HARD, trust me! But I felt I should give my thoughts as a whole for this hack.

Would I play this over Sacred Gold/Storm Silver? Yes...and no. On the one hand, it adds Fairy typing, and does do enough to the type chart that playing through it makes me feel like it's a new adventure. I like the little bump in difficulty.and overall, it does feel a bit more lenient compared to Drayano's normal stuff, not that I hate his hacks.

However, the same changes to the type chart also work against it, as there are some changes that I just can't get around. (Water weak to flying. REALLY.) Also, the evoutlionary levels for the starters from second stage to final is just too high, but I already covered that.

If I may suggest one thing, a semi-clean version would be nice. Keep the Fairy typing, but just keep the type chart at 6th gen mechanics. Also reduce the starters evolution levels down a tad, so I'm not tempted to just box them and use something stronger.

Anyways, here's the battle versus Red!
Interesting battle. What if I removed the full restores from shops and raised the price of Revives and Hyper Potions in my next hack? {XD}
Good news for everyone wanted to play with the official type match-up, cuz' it's not editable in my next hack, lol.

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
Years
Hello walnut3072,

I just discover your thread and... How to say... Please marry me.

I always dug the idea of enhancing less powerful Pokemon so they are capable in OU and you did it.
I had many ideas for hacks but no talent into programming. We sure did not have the same ideas for enhancement and my ideas will remain silent util I have taken my Hacking 101 lessons.

I will try your hack and, from what I see on the document, I really think I will enjoy it!!!

I only have on question.
I think I want a good gaming experience, and this time I will not take advice about competitive battles from smogon since it will not be really relevant.

But I wonder whether I should work with at least EVs and natures in your hack?
Well maybe it's not necessary to enjoy it, right.

I don't even know if there would be a way to have network-battle with other players via emulators, I never tried it out. If you know a device to battle and trade from PC to PC exists, and if you know how it works, can you please teach me or give me relevant internet links?

I can't wait to complete this game, and I'll tell you my progress for sure.

You da real MVP man ;)

Last edited:

walnut3072

Quan
Years
Thanks. That's a really lovely thing to say. Glad to know that.
EVs and Natures? Personal preference.
About multiplayer, I don't think DS emulators have that function at the moment. But it possible to trade and battle with friends if you have a R4 flashcard to play on a NDS/3DS. Besides, I always feel that playing on a handheld is more enjoyable than on PC. ;)

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
Years
Cool.

I will play this casual with a team of "underrated" Pokemon, and discover the good new surprises.
It is true that NDS emulator is pretty slow and I don't have that much time to play on the PC. I will try to find a R4 for me and to fill it with hacks :p. Even more cool if I can interact with other players having this hack on their respective R4s as well.

I think I will just take the Sungold since I've never had the chance to play HeartGold/Soulsilver.

So now I have to buy my R4... Whee

walnut3072

Quan
Years
Any flashcard that works is fine. And btw, the AI trainers have much stronger teams in this hack so be careful in picking and training your pkm, especially in SunGold where Gym Leaders have mix-typed teams and wild pkm are randomized.

Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2017
@walnut3072 you know something about the Gardevoir only being Physic Type? I REALLY want to play your hack but i really want Gardevoir being Physic/Fairy :(

Anyways i played a little and its really fun (only tested SunGold, Im waiting the gardevoir fix for Moon silver)

walnut3072

Quan
Years
@walnut3072 you know something about the Gardevoir only being Physic Type? I REALLY want to play your hack but i really want Gardevoir being Physic/Fairy :(

Anyways i played a little and its really fun (only tested SunGold, Im waiting the gardevoir fix for Moon silver)

Sorry but it's not possible to fix at the moment. Gardevoir only gets the new fairy type moves in its learnset.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
How do you evolve Nidorino into nidoking? Mine is level 30 and it won't let me evolve it using a moon stone

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
Could you switch the Google Drive link with a MediaFire or Dropbox link because when I download the Drive file I get only 1 file instead of a folder. And i can't do anything with the file.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
this was good until i saw you needed to relearn the type chart. not very excited for that, any way you can release a stat changes and trainer changes patch only?

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
if someone can make a "vanilla" patch where there is no changes to typechart/move power/pokemon typings and stats (basically follow 6th gen data) but with all the other mechanic/difficulty changes, it would be great.

for a hack there is supposed to be inspired by drayano i was sorely disappointed not to see a "vanilla" patch which drayano has never fail to include in his hacks.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
because of the patch? did you used the emuparadise rom? and which emulator? I played to the first pokecenter and it worked.

emuparadise rom - Soulsilver U- patching failed, nothing happens.

loading up the rom on my Android smartphone emulator "Drastic" gets me the basic Soulsilver.

what do you do?
patch Gold with sungold then your patch?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 22, 2020
emuparadise rom - Soulsilver U- patching failed, nothing happens.

loading up the rom on my Android smartphone emulator "Drastic" gets me the basic Soulsilver.

what do you do?
patch Gold with sungold then your patch?

idk why this doesn't work for you. do you use the xdelta ui in the download pakage? I tried patching a new downloaded rom from emuparadise and the patching works normal. redownload soulsilver and redownload the patch too. when this doesn't work use this download link: http://www42.zippyshare.com/v/VLxdwUBr/file.html
and try to patch it with this.

Back