• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2013
Hello Community,

Please Help me:
when I patch it with ips win(newest version) , then I had started the patched Ruby version with Visual Boy Advance emulator.
But the Game does not starts, there was a white screen, what can i do ?

Thanks for coming Posts ;)

I am having the same problem. The hack looks great and I really want to try it. I have only heard good things about it. So hopefully we find out how to fix this! And I know my Ruby ROM is clean because I have used it before to patch some other hacks (not the same one obviously, I just copy and paste it and then patch the copied one).

Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2012
i dont know if anyone else has had this problem before, but when i my pokemon is ready to evolve, the screen goes black as if to change screens for evolution and then it freezes... i play it on my psp... everything else worked great before, so i have no idea what is going on.. can someone help me?

Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2017
Instead try IPS wins 2.0 instead of the lunar IPS... I got it to work by that

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2012
i just tried to evolve on my computer and it works, but it doesnt work on my psp... ive tried taking the rom off and putting it back on again, but nothing works

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I have the same problem. Patched with Lunar IPS and when trying to play with VBA the screen just stays white.

Edit: Nevermind, fixed it. It was mentioned earlier in this thread: Make sure you use Ruby v1.0.
Finally someone who actually reads previous posts...
You have my gratitude.

So this is 100% English now?
Yes.

Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2014
HELP me in mt.lauren it freeze there in the cave of mt.lauren when i battle Lass in there -___-
can`t go to the 10th bagde :""< HELP

Im in Mt. Lauren and when i battle lass jaquline, as soon as she sends out her first pokemon the screen starts blinkin in colourful colours and then the game crashes... Please help me

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2017
When I first played the same thing happened to me so I had to download the Portuguese version then beat her then switch back to the English (not sure if they fixed that).

Here is how to still keep your game while switch to a different rom (if you do not know how)

Note: You must have the original version in a separate folder before you do this:

All you have to do is rename that Portuguese version the same as your save file:

1) Right click the .sav file and choose "rename" then "copy" (this copy's the name of the .sav file without the extension)

2) Right click the Portuguese version and click rename

3) Hold down 'ctrl' and press 'v'

The rom should be renamed...next just:

4) open up the Poruguese version on your vba emulator

5) beat that trainer

6) delete the Portuguese Version and cut and paste back the English Version into the same folder as the .sav file

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2014
Thanx but i just tried it but when i load the portuguese rom the screen turns white and then nothing happenes

Hey i downloaded a different portuguese rom and it worked... Tjanx ^_^

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2012
I have the same problem. Patched with Lunar IPS and when trying to play with VBA the screen just stays white.

Edit: Nevermind, fixed it. It was mentioned earlier in this thread: Make sure you use Ruby v1.0.

Tyvm for the fix, I was having the same problem.

Not to whine or sound lazy or anything but would you mind putting this in your first post Wesley? This thread has gotten kind of large and seems like its only gonna get larger so it seems best to have this info up front to help people out.

Great rom, I'm enjoying it a lot so far and cant wait to see everything in it.

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2013

It's still not working for me!

Downloaded a Ruby ROM, which is clearly tagged as 'V1.0'.. downloaded this recommended patcher 'IPS Win 2.0'.. downloaded the IPS file from the original homepage of light platinum..

tried to patch it.. and I still got this white screen.. I really can't see it anymore.. How can this be ? I never got so much problems patching a game just like I do with Light Platinum.. it's just annoying.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2012
After searching for many hours, trying to play this on my emulator phone *cough* droid og *cough* I have finally found a solution.

First, What causes the problem:

Either a bad Ruby rom to start
or a poor patching program.

Now to the solution!!

This is what i did:

1. Googled Ruby rom 1.0 .gba downloaded it.
2. Downloaded the patch from 1st page (english).
3. Downloaded Lunarips.
4. Patched the ruby rom with lunarips.
5. Downloaded RHEA (ROM HEADER EDITOR ADVANCE) Just google "RHEA romhacking" its the first link.
6. Now open RHEA and browse for the directory in which your newly patched rom is located. and it will display in the white box in RHEA click on it, and you will notice a the white boxes on the right filled with information.
Fill these boxes with this information:

Game Title: POKEMON EMER
Game Code: BPEE
Maker Code: Nintendo
Main Unit Code: 00
Device Type: 00
Rom Verison: 00

*make sure to delete everything in the game title box because Theres spaces before and after the name.*

7. Change save type to 128k.
8. Enjoy the game!

I hope that Wesley doesnt mind us changing a few things to be able to play his Awesome game! Ive been playing it for about 2 hours now no problems. ive tried it on VBA, No$gba, Gameboid and Gpsphone.

Good luck all, I hope ive solved your problems :)

FOR EVERYONE THAT GETS A WHITE SCREEN on Gameboid, VGBA, No$gba, do these exact things. This fixed the game for my Gameboid after so many frustrating hours.

Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2014
I defeated the 11th gym(kosaka city) and i got TM ice smash, but im not able to use it... Any help?

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2012
It's still not working for me!

Downloaded a Ruby ROM, which is clearly tagged as 'V1.0'.. downloaded this recommended patcher 'IPS Win 2.0'.. downloaded the IPS file from the original homepage of light platinum..

tried to patch it.. and I still got this white screen.. I really can't see it anymore.. How can this be ? I never got so much problems patching a game just like I do with Light Platinum.. it's just annoying.

Did you set your save settings to Flash 128k in your emulator?

Edit: Looks like the whole solution was posted earlier, read what Gykix said and it should work. It even worked on my gpsPhone too, playing this awesome hack on my iPhone ^_^

Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2014
On the path between Kosaka city and ricyan city there are 3 big rocks blocking my way... Can someone please tell me how to break those rocks...

Years
Oh man everyone in this thread are keep on complaining about getting a white screen... Will you guys stop and post something else.. because your questions are already been answered a hundreds times in this thread...

Back