• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Steelix or Aggron

Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2005
which is better to use for serious battling? i'm thinking steelix, but his moveset isn't that good.

BigBoss

Banned
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2007
I prefer Aggron, but I don't know much about either of them, so I don't really know.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
By default and obviously, Steelix. Is it really necessary to have a x4 weakness to brick break and earthquake, which is absolutely everywhere? Poor Aggron...

Spike Razzor

"Don't argue, you failed..."
Years
lizardman said:
AGGRON!!!!its a good pokemon with high defense,and attack.it is good against:electric,ground,rock,and steel.
Yeah and Pikachu can beat any pokemon =D... I swear, everyday another ingame fool shows up in this forum... We need to keep them out, or atleast keep there mouths shut.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
another word, Spike means:

"At least do some basic research that Steel/Rock doesn't resist electric attacks, and is certainly stumped by any incoming earthquake. Get the types sorted out first."

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
lizardman said:
well it was not right calling me a fool.i was 1 of the best PKMN game players in TX.
In simplier terms, I'll sum that up to "I'm arrogant."

Basic type matchup is elementary, even for ingame battles... someone who messes up this simple type combination question and being the best at the same time? Pure irony and extreme sarcasm, with a slight scent of oxymoron in the air...

Anyone who played competitively (NB or offline) can tell how the x4 ground/fighting hurts way too much for Aggron to be used that much at all...

lalala~~

HellishHades

Pure Evil
Years
You should give him the benefit of the doubt, frostweaver. Maybe Texans just can't play Pok?mon... And someone five years your former will outsmart you. Ironic. Perhaps, satirical.

lizardman

~PC's GFX rater~
Years
HellishHades said:
You should give him the benefit of the doubt, frostweaver. Maybe Texans just can't play Pok?mon... And someone five years your former will outsmart you. Ironic. Perhaps, satirical.
WHAT!!!DUDE I FROGOT THAT TYPES I THOGHT SINCE I HAVENT PLAYED IN A WHILE!!!

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
HellishHades said:
The problem is not the fact that he messed up his type, but his response to how someone corrected him (regardless of how).

And shouldn't be so hot tempered. Be it in life or a Pokemon battle, being so easily ticked off will result in a terrible consequences. Just because that Sceptile is ticking you off beyond no end with the annoying sub-seed strategy, don't be acting on your anger and just switch to random objects...

Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2005
Steelix, hands down. Steel/Ground is a better dual-type than Rock/Steel, and Steelix's movesets complement his stats better than they do Aggrons. That and Steelix looks 10x better than Aggron!

Spike Razzor

"Don't argue, you failed..."
Years
If hes one of the best in Tx, which is prob a lie, then I feel sorry for your state... I'm not a Aggron hater or anything, I use it on 3 of my NB teams. One is CBed and the others are Sub Punchers.

((If anyone is around, tell me how to get a Choice Band without codes? Someone told me to go to the Battle Tower and keep playing, but so far I gotten are Stat boosters.))

HellishHades

Pure Evil
Years
Spike Razzor said:
If hes one of the best in Tx, which is prob a lie, then I feel sorry for your state... I'm not a Aggron hater or anything, I use it on 3 of my NB teams. One is CBed and the others are Sub Punchers.

((If anyone is around, tell me how to get a Choice Band without codes? Someone told me to go to the Battle Tower and keep playing, but so far I gotten are Stat boosters.))

You have to keep beating it consecutively to get better items.

Kholdstaire

ph33r me. rawr
Years
  • Age 37
  • NC
  • Seen May 1, 2006
OMG USE AGGRON PLZ!

More HP, More Defense, more Normal Type haxxage, more MOVES!

-Thunderwave
-Sub
-Focus Punch
-Cock Slide

T-Wave it up, Sub, then FP them to death. FP also on the switch. Cock Slide to Flinch them while they have PAR.

Back